Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
s**t tons of more info about eShop and whatnot!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:43 pm
Info coming from GoNintendo, various pages:

Quote:
- $1.99 for eShop games
- Super Mario Land will cost $3.99
- Alleyway and Radar Mission (which is essentially Battleship) will cost $2.99
- view Game Boy games in solid black-and-white colors, or classic gray-and-green
- in Excitebike 3D, the depth slider not only changes the level of 3D, but also changes the camera angle of the game
- add funds to your “wallet” in amounts of $5, $10, $20 and $50
- can't create an account that saves your personal details and credit card information
- no “redeem code” functionality
- Nintendo is working on figuring out some way to let writers review games before they come out
- press release announcing new games on Mondays, but release the games on Thursday

I'm a little sad that Game Boy games that no one gives a s**t about aren't coming out at say, a dollar, but instead, three dollars, but I suppose I wouldn't get many of them anyway. The color options for Game Boy games are hilariously awesome, though, and I like how Excitebike is shaping up.

TRAILERS!

Quote:
- TG16 and Game Gear games coming at a later date
- Excitebike will be available for free for a month
- after that month, the game will cost $5.99

- eShop categories at launch: "Staff pick of the week," "Two player games," "Mario games," and "Games that start with W."
- when available, the Netflix application will appear in your main menu
- no 3D movies from Netflix
- Nintendo still pursuing their own 3D video delivery service

- visit a products website (like Popcap) through the embedded web browser from the specific game's info
- over 400 trailers created for all the DSiWare titles for the eShop
- bookmark games to a personal wishlist
- Nintendo looking into making the purchasing process (putting in your credit card each time) more user friendly
- rate every game for the 3DS, both physical and downloadable games
- anonymously assign star ratings and pre-selected messages such as "This is good."
- can't rate any game at all until you've played it for at least an hour
- main menu features news, recent arrivals (containing the last 20 games to hit the service), Charts (displays the most popular/most downloaded titles), a more advanced search feature, your wishlist, rate games and adding funds
- all categories also available through a dropdown menu for easier access

Updates on Thursdays, and some sites will have 3D images you can view. You can also save images from sites to your SD card.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:52 am
Aw, I'm kinda disappointed that Excitebite isn't just going to be complimentary. No biggie, I guess. And come to think of it, it was probably kind of foolish to think that they'd really go to the trouble of making all of the junk on Netflix 3D.  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces