[ORP] A Day Out (Yejide & All Cubs & Whoever!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:23 am
N'Seka froze when uncle Beo told them to be careful not to splash him, but he also noticed the smile and relaxed a little bit. He wanted to be a good boy, and sometimes it was hard to know what adults meant when they said one thing and seemed to mean something else. And suddenly Chizoba was in the middle of the water, making them all wet. N'Seka was horrified. He looked from Chizoba to Beo and back, wondering if his brother would be in trouble. His own head fur was plastered to his head now and his eyes looked huge and frightened.

There wasn't really anything to worry about, however. Beo wasn't mad, and instead he laughed. But it had been a bit scary, and he was getting cold.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:54 pm
User Image

“Chizoba, nooooo!” the striped cub shouted as he watched his older brother land on the water and the wave that was quickly moving closer. He tried to jump out of the way but it was too late: In an instant, the little cub’s body was completely soaked and even his nose managed to catch a few droplets of water. The cub sneezed, turned to glare at his brother and then sneezed again.

“M-m-mooooooom!” Dumaka shouted indignantly, shaking vigorously. He felt annoyed and dejected which immediately brought a familiar itch to the cub’s throat and not even Beo’s funny laugh could pull a smile out of him. He coughed but because he was forcing it, the itch quickly turned to pain and Dumaka felt even more miserable.

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:54 pm
Yejide flicked an ear and turned her head only to watch as Chizoba made a flying leap in to the water. Not only did this mean he'd likely be one soaked cub, but she sas Dumaka get hit by a wave, Beo splashed again with water, and N'Seka dripping with eyes wide as plates.

Oh dear.

"Chizoba," Yejida reprimanded, though her tone wasn't angry, just a bit exasperated. Rising quickly, after glancing at the other handful of cubs that were playing well away from the water, the shadow lioness picked her way over to the pool. "I know splashing can be fun, but you have to think of others, who might not want to get wet. What do you say to Beo and your brothers?"

Stepping in to the fray, ignoring the cold water against her paws, Yejide leaned over to give N'Seka a gentle and reassuring nuzzle. Giving his head a lick, to help straighten out his plastered mane, she smiled. "It's all right, love. No ones mad or in trouble."

She was glad that Beo was taking this all in stride. She listened to his laughter, and was just as reassured. She knew that dealing with thirteen little cubs was far from easy, buts he had yet to see him bare his fangs or hackles at any of them. He seemed to take their antics all in stride, and was so very, very glad for his company.

"Come here, Dumaka," she stepped over N'Seka and reached down offer him a few reassuring and loving licks and nuzzles. Here he was coughing and frowning and generally looking miserable. The poor baby. Settling down near the bank of the river, she patted the ground before her invitingly. "Mom's not feeling much for water, do you want to come keep me company?" There was notihng snuggles from Mom couldn't fix or make right . .or so Yejide desperately tried to believe.

She didn't like seeing any of her babies unhappy or upset, and while she knew many might succumb to the disease, she would never stop loving them or hope such affection would get them through.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:02 pm
Ithanga started laughing when Beo got splashed by Chizoba, and now that things seemed to calm down a bit, he was more confident about paddling around in the river. It wasn't fast or deep, and he wasn't worried about getting in any trouble in the water.

He knew that if he started getting cold though, he'd have to get out of the water. He didn't want to have a coughing fit all in front of everyone, not when his secret was still safe.

Mtorolite

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:48 pm
Dumaka’s pout turned into a small smile when Yejide reprimanded Chizoba and the cub certainly looked happier as he trotted to his mother – not too happy though as he subconsciously wished to receive as much attention as possible and to emphasize that he’d just gone through a terrible ordeal.

He shook the water from his coat one more time before rubbing against Yejide and leaning back to sit with a soft purr rumbling in his chest. Special time with mommy? Yes, please.

“I’m all wet.” He said pitifully, looking up at his mother with the best Cuddle-Me expression he could muster. If he wasn't asking for attention, he would most likely have glared at his big brother, as well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:35 pm
User Image

Beo looked over to be sure that Yejide had Dumaka well in paw. The male chuckled at the young cubs expression and gave him a wink, before he waded over to where Ithanga was making good head way with the river.

For the hyena, the water was not very deep, nor overly cold, but with cubs were young yet, and as often as he spent with those that were sick, and that were sub-coming to the disease...well...he felt he should keep an eye on Ithanga.

"Heyla boy-o, " he said in his rich, earth toned voice, smiling at the cub warmly, " getting the hang of this whole swimming stuff?"

While he spoke to Ithanga, he moved a paw up over to N'seka, pulling the cub close against the warmth of his body, " and you kittling are starting to shiver. I think its just about time for the warm sunny bank for you."

Lorne_Sionn

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:42 am
Ithanga smiled at Beo. "I can keep my head up above now and not breathe the water in," he said, demonstrating by circling around and around in front of him, both head and tail tuft sticking upright out of the water.
"I don't like to splash though. It gets water up my nose and it's yucky."

Ithanga could also feel himself getting tired. He wouldn't be able to stay in the water for too very much longer, especially if he didn't want a coughing outbreak.

"Do you know how to swim, Beo?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:19 pm
User Image
Beo smiled at Ithanga, watching the cub with pride and no little worry, " I would say you are. You look like you at least have the hang of not getting your tail wet, always a plus when drying off times comes."

He laughed at the cub's aversion to splashing and the vivid picture he painted about the water and his nose, and it being yucky. Cubs never ceased to amaze him with their simple observations about life, and the way they worded it. " I'd have to agree that it is very yucky, and it stings too."

The hyena moved over a little closer to the cub and picked him up by the scruff of his neck, turning around and deposting him on his back, " I do know how to swim, very well despite the limp in my back leg. Why don't we swim along the bank here a little way, then get out? Then you can dry off while we come back for some lunch with your mom and the others? Humm? Sound good?"

Lorne_Sionn

Mtorolite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:18 pm
"That sounds good. I bet not even Chizoba will be able to catch you if you swim really fast." Ithanga quite enjoyed floating on the hyena's back and looking at the scenery that drifted by. And watching all of his many brothers on the shore and in the water looking at him.

"This is really great, Beo! And I can dry out this way and still float!"

Ithanga planted his feet as firmly as he dared, and just enjoyed the novelty of the day.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:28 pm
User Image
The hyena chuckled in that way only a hyena could as he began to swim in smooth strokes, keeping to the shallows so that the cub on his back could not be swept off in the current of the river.

" I am glad that you are enjoying yourself Ithanga, that was the whole purpose of the day." The Secret Keeper let them drift down a little way, then found a good sandy spot to pull them both out of the water. Pulling the cub of his back he gave a good shake then set Ithanga back on it and trotted back to the tree and lunch.

Depositing the cub beside his mother, he gave Yejide a smile and daringly nuzzled her ear, more friendly then affectionate, but still very bold for the shy hyena, (unless it was dealing with cubs). " I need to go, I have a meeting with Eva, if we get done early enough, I'll trot back."

Waving to the kids, and winking at the lioness, the black hyena moved off back toward the pride, his limping gait still quick, despite itself.

Fin Beo 5 Posts  

Lorne_Sionn

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:47 am
N'Seka was satisfied with his mother's reassurance, but it wasn't as fun to swim anymore. Uncle Beo was nice and warm, and when he suggested that he should head for the beach the kitling complied with only minor fussing. It seemed as if you were supposed to complain just a little, even if he was relieved to have a reason to get up from the water. He managed to shake most of the water from his fur and settled down in the sun, watching Ithanga ride on Uncle Beo. It looked like fun, but N'Seka was just starting to warm up again and he didn't want to get wet. Perhaps Beo could give him a ride some other time.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:11 pm
Ithanga had enjoyed his ride, but he was ready to settle down. He didn't want to start coughing and ruin the day for his mother and his siblings, so he curled up in the warmth of the sun to rest. It was a golden day, with all of them together, and he would never forget it.  

Mtorolite

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces