[PRP] Who are you, why are you in my spot? [Chizoba, N'Seka]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:42 am
User Image Chizoba had just come in from an intense day of playing only to a ridiculous amount of brand new cubs in his Mom's den. Visitors? Maybe Mom was babysitting? That didn't make sense since she wasn't a nanny.

He made his way through the horde of sleeping cubs to "his" spot. He was tired, he'd investigate and play with them in the morning. "Gah!" he tried to smother his little outburst when he found a black, white and pink cub managing to blend in with the shadows. And in his spot to boot! He'd almost stepped on the little fellow!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:43 am
It had been a long, long day and N'Seka was sleeping soundly. He was very young, and not too aware of his surroundings just yet. Warm and food, then cold. There had been many cubs, and large lions, and larger lions. Being carried in the mouth of someone big. And warmth again. And food. And now sleep, sleep, sleep. His paws twitched in a dream he would never remember and he rolled over, cudding up to the closest warm object. This happened to be Chizoba's paw, and the young cub mewled contentedly as he latched onto his older "brother".  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:30 am
Too cute. Really just way too cute. Chizoba purred. Maybe the little interloper could stay. Maybe he was cold. Chizoba remembered being cold a few times in his early cubhood and how much he hated it. So he settled in to spoon around the new arrival protectively and curled his tail around him too so that as much of the cub was touching as possible.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:55 am
N'Seka curled closer to the warm body and started up a tiny purr. He had no idea he was in someone else’s spot, and had a very hazy concept of how spots could be taken when no one was currently occupying them. He would learn this soon enough, however. You tend to learn quickly with more siblings around than a cub can count. For now he was blissfully oblivious to many things, but he was slowly waking up from his slumber.

"Are you my mommy," he said sleepily to the dark and tan juvenile at his side.

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:03 am
Chizoba let out a quiet little giggle. No he certainly was not this cub's mommy, that'd be beyond awkward. But you don't tell a small sleeping cub you're not his mommy unless you want a wide awake startled cub on your paws. Instead of responding verbally he licked the cub's ear soothingly. Poor kid. Everyone wants their mommy at some point.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 10:37 am
Ear licking... that had to be a mommy all right. N'Seka knew that mommies liked to lick things. He squirmed a little bit and cracked his eyes open. The lion cradling him was unfamiliar, and smaller than his usual mommy, but he still felt safe enough and wasn't going to cry. Warm, fed, a bit sleepy but not too tired. Nothing was terribly alarming about the situation, and it wasn't much more confusing than the rest of his day so far.

"You're a weird mommy," he said, matter of factly.

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:24 pm
Drat, the cub woke up. And of course HE would be a weird mommy. Silly cub, he must still be half asleep.

"Yeah, I am huh? You were in my spot, then cuddled with my paw. So I thought you might be cold. Just go to sleep, we'll talk more in the morning." Chizoba settled his head on his paws comfortably. He was tired. He'd been playing all day (no surprise there).

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 11:04 pm
"'m not cold now," N'Seka said, and he wasn't anymore, "an' not sleepy."

His huge yawn seemed to contradict that statement, but you couldn't just tell a cub to go to sleep and expect him to do so without fuss. That was not how the world worked... The more you wanted a cub to go to sleep, the more effort the cub would make to stay awake. After all, you might miss something exciting. It had to be a universal law... N'Seka would probably not be able to stay awake for very long, but he was really trying to keep his eyes open. If you didn't count the many yawns you could say he was succeeding, because his eyes were wide open now. Fortunately for Chizoba he wasn't ready to play, but he wasn't snoozing either...

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:28 am
"Well I'm glad you're not cold. But I'm tired, so I guess you can stay up by yourself." Chizoba closed his eyes. "It's bed time for big boys like me, so I have to sleep." He really should have remembered that universal law, but he was tired, and now he was toasty and warm and comfortable, even if he was sharing his spot.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:29 am
N'Seka pouted a little, but not-mom had closed his eyes and couldn't see this. It was no fun to be alone in being awake, but he refused to sleep despite his frequent yawns. He might miss something if he fell asleep now! He pawed experimentally at Chizoba's face to see what would happen.

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:50 am
Chizoba felt a little paw pushing at his face and had to swallow an amused sound. Instead he turned it into a very fake snore. This little cub just needed to go back to sleep. Chizoba thought if maybe he didn't respond the little tyke would give up on his own. And if he didn't give up he supposed he could muster up a little more energy to play with him just a little bit.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:09 am
N'Seka stopped with his paw in mid air as Chizoba made that strange sound. Did he just cause that? He tilted his head, wondering if he'd get the same reaction if he pawed at him again. Other than that odd sound he wasn't getting much reaction and he yawned again. Being awake on his own wasn't very entertaining and he blinked owlishly. His eyelids seemed heavier than usual and he must have managed to get dust in his eyes. Blink. Yawn. Something had to be done or he would go back to sleep!

"You're no fun," he announced and rolled over on his back, reaching up with a paw to poke the sleeping Chizoba again. He closed his eyes for a short while and then opened them as wide as he could. He was fighting a losing battle however, because his eyes didn't seem to want to stay open.

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

ShinyObsessed

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:30 pm
Chizoba kept feigning sleep. Clearly he'd have to prove how fun he was in the morning. He'd probably wake up first and wake up this new little fellow to play. No one ever got away with calling him no fun. He was the epitome of fun. This little guy would just have to learn that tomorrow...

Chizoba didn't have to feign sleep for very long before he actually fell into slumber. Not even he could keep his eyes open in his nice warm comfy spot with a nice warm cuddly little cub to snuggle with.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:45 pm
It had been a very long day for the small cub, and all new impressions was starting to take their toll on him. There would be another day tomorrow, filled with play and getting to know his new family. N'Seka would forget his birthmother eventually, and fully embrace this new family as his own. This den would become his world, this pride everything he knew. His eyes drifted shut one last time and he no longer had the willpower to force them open.

He slept soundly, without remembering any of his dreams.

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces