Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fantasia ~ A Disney Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussion on Disney movies and relating subjects. 

Tags: Disney, Animation, Fantasia, Mickey Mouse, Disneyland 

Reply Disney Discussion
Best Disney-Marvel Moments?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:51 am
Even since Disney bought out Marvel, there have been fantastic moment where one or the other is paid homage in the other.

My favorite and most overt is probably Iron Man II where you find Howard Stark to take a very Walt Disney like moments from the Wonderful World of Color, the model of the New York Worlds Fair where Walt first showcased four attractions, not to mention the ending credits song Make Way for Tomorrow Today which was made by the same people who did the Carousel of Process song and was clear that was where they were basing it off of it.

I was watching Gnomeo and Juliet the other day and was floored by Ozzie and his Spiderman moment in the movie.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:08 pm
Awww... I haven't watched any of those films yet.  

Azure Caterpillar

Roxas7777

6,025 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:56 pm
Special fact about Iron Man 2 one of the songs that play in the Stark Expo scene call Make Way For Tomorrow Today was written by Richard Sherman.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:24 am
I loved Gnomeo and Juliet! Iron Man 1 was an amazing movie but I haven't seen Iron Man 2 yet...I will definitely have to do that based on your description!  

Damsel_in_success08

8,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Azure Caterpillar

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:34 pm
Gnomeo and Juliet looks really random... its a good movie then?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:41 am
Gnomeo and Juliet was a cute movie and nothing to take too seriously. I honestly won't remember it in 5 years. If you're fond of the story Romeo and Juliet its fun to take a look at. There were a dozen Shakespeare references that I was excited about. Also this is disney's 2nd film where they based the story off of Shakespeare and used Elton John for the music. The first was Lion King (based on Hamlet).  

hibita

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

netherfreak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:41 pm
I recently watched Gnomeo and Juliet and it wasn't that great. It was cute and had a couple funny parts but I didn't like it, especially since Disney has already done a movie based off of Romeo and Juliet (Lion King II: Simba's Pride). Back to Iron Man, I noticed the similarities between the Stark Expo and the Worlds Fair. I didn't know the song was written by Richard Sherman, that's cool.  
Disney Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games