Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]
[PRP] A brief respite...(Alchemilla & Buliwuf)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:30 pm
User Image

She was by habit and by training, clean. So having a dirty pelt made her feel a little under the weather. It had been a long day, she being a head healer knew every sick creature in the pride and although a lot of her powers, so to speak, were directed towards the royal family, when someone was really sick, when someone needed that that extra tender loving care, she was there.

Unfortunately it had been a rough day and her usually dazzling soft yellow coat was died a rough dingy brown. She felt sick with herself, knowing though, that she would be called on again before too long, she was making a beeline for the best source of water. A drink, a wash and a moment of peace before she was called upon again.

A brightly coloured bird dropped from the skies and landed between the Hyenas shoulders. Kefiin clicked her beak. "rough day I see." She clacks her beak pulling something from the Hyenas mane and tossing it away.

Alchemilla Mollis smiled softly. "Yes, very, but, worth it." She smiles pausing for a moment before the watering hole removing her healing equipment and laying them carefully in a neat pile. Sighing gently she rolls her shoulders and wades in to the water letting the dirt wash away.

The multicoloured bird clicks her beak and settles by the healing equipment acting as a guard bird while the master healer cleaned herself up. She wondered what Alchemilla had been doing but she never asked. The female hyena kept her patients close to her heart she never spoke of them. The smells, obvious even to her, were of blood, desease and dirt, she often wondered what her friend did in her healing but she would never ask, it wasn't her place.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:16 am
User Image

Beo blinked water out of his amber colored eyes, slipping a little further into the shadow of the tea tree he had been using as cover from the sun as he cleaned his dark fur of the stench of death.

The Secret Keeper had just finished another burial, laying all that the young cub had been in his brief life out in polished stones, and dyed feathers, wood pieces carved by sharp teeth, and of course, always the offering to death. The Priests would take care of the ceremony, and once the moon rose, he or another Keeper would see the cub on.

Beo still had rounds with the sick and dying, but he had wanted to wash the smell of the cub away, out of respect for the family, and certainly, out of respect for those he would tend to this afternoon.

He hadn't expected company, but it looked as if the healer also needed the use of the pool. Biting his lower lip, the dark colored male tried to slip out from under the tree and to the bank without disturbing her.

Lorne_Sionn

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:25 pm
The sharp eyed bird clicked her beak when she spotted the dark hyena seemingly lurking in the shadows. "You know it's not polite to spy on a lady while she bathes." The brightly coloured bird laughs and looks to Alchemilla, twitching her wings and settling down. "You have a peeping tom" She laughs moving her claws about on the precious pile of healing equiptment.

The soft yellow hyena lifted her head from her cleansing and smiled a light smile at the dark male. "Don't mind her, she exaggerates everything." She laughs a small gentle laugh. She did not know this male, or at least she didn't know him bar from sight, she certainly did not know his name though she could tell by his appearance that he was not a healer, he did not smell of herbs and cleaning, he smelled even now of a secret keeper.

"I do apologize, I didn't realise anyone else was here I am afraid I had a long day in the trenches so to speak." She laughs gently, laughing, being cheerful, smiling, they kept her spirits up on days like today. "I am Alchemilla Mollis, and the bird playing guard dog is Kefiin." Her soft green eyes danced gently "You may call me Mol if you wish, most everyone does."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:18 pm
Beo stopped in mid-step his amber colored eyes widening at the bird's comment, a hasty apology half way out his mouth before the pale hyena came to his rescue. He blinked at her friendly greeting and slightly breathless introduction. Glancing from one to the other, he bobbed his head and managed a soft hello.

" Its ok, I was just finishing." They black hyena was obviously very soft spoken, and perhaps a bit shy, " I'm Buliwyf, or Beo. Its very nice to meet you Mol."

Lorne_Sionn

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:00 am
"Beo." She smiles, her soft coloured eyes glancing over the dark male. He was clearly suited for what he did, a secret keeper, it was a job se found hard to accept. "Is it difficult?" She asks, quite suddenly. She had been a healer her whole life and now she was one of the head healers,s he knew everything about pushing back the plague, everything about healing herbs and their properties but when the spirit was gone, she could no longer heal the body and that was when the secret keepers came. She didn't very often mix with them and though she had thought about it in the past she had never asked one directly.

Kefiin clicks her beak and flaps her wide rainbow coloured wings. "I do wonder about you sometimes Mol. I think the phrase should be curiosity killed the hyena not the cat." She laughs a croaking laugh and clacks her beak loudly.

Stepping slowly from the cleansing water she shakes her fur out and rolls her eyes. "Well, it isn't often I see other hyenas Kefiin." She smiles softly at the brightly coloured bird before resting her eyes on the dark hyena. "You don't have to answer, I am far to nosey for my own good really." She chuckles flicking a strand of her mint green mane from her eyes.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:23 pm
Beo blinked, his amber eyes widening for a moment before he dropped his gaze to his paws, his ears starting to burn with his blush even though his dark pelt wouldn't show it.

" It's..it's difficult. Not so much the...after part, when they are at rest, but..but the before part, when we tell the stories of their lives, no matter how brief. That is always the hardest, to get it right. I...I do the cubs usually. Because I play with them, before...so I do the cubs."

He'd never been asked the question before, but he respected the healers and because Mol was a healer, he answered her question, though he felt odd about it, and uncomfortable...

Lorne_Sionn

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:18 am
The female hyena smiles and nods a little tilt of her head. He was brave, much braver than she, at least she watched them while they lived, in death, they were no longer her responsibility. To care for the cubs after the spirit left, well, that was something clearly difficult for anyone.

"It is a brave thing you do." She whispers "Come here. I have something for you." She didn't very often gift things to others. Her talent was her gift, but for his honesty she felt she needed to hand him something.

Kefiin raises a brow and clicks her beak jumping off the pile of items. "You don't usually do that." She states eyeing the male hyena, clearly Mol had taken a liking to the dark male. She shakes her head and twitches her wings.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:43 pm
Beo bit the inside of his lip, unused to a stranger being so..open and kind to him. There were only a pawful within the Pride who spoke to him, at least among the adults. The Queen and her sister were among them, but he had a special relationship with them, for there was a very special secret he held in trust for them about the exact nature of his job.

Still, he was not a impolite hyena, and so he came toward the female, his head slightly ducked, which made his bangs fall forward, giving him an uncertain puppish look that was doubtful he would ever truly grow out of.

Lorne_Sionn

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:02 pm
Alchemilla was good with her paws, it was one of the reasons she was such a good healer, she could whip things together faster than most, this also made her pretty good at making decorative things.

Nosing in to her bag she pulls out some large leaves and a bead of bone as well as a thin strip of leather. Tying it together she smiles and turns slipping it over the black males head before he could protest. "Mint and Nepetta, and the bone of a rabbit foot." She smiles and takes a deep breath. "It smells of life and brings good luck." She tilts her head. "Not that i am saying yo smell or anything, but I love the scent of mint and nepetta, it makes the air so tingly." She laughs gently. "Will you wear it? You don't have to if you don't want to." She knew she could be pushy but she rarely gave gifts that weren't simply medicinal.

The colourful bird clicks her beak and laughs, hopping back on to the pile of the herbalists equipment. "He does smell." She squarks lifting her wings wide and laughing raucously. "Of course, I'm not a fan of the mint. Don't mind the cat n**, though I'v seen more than one moggy go a bit loopy with it" She twitches a brow and flickers her tail. "I suppose it's an acceptable smell"  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:39 pm
Beo dipped his head to accept the gift, knowing he was blushing, though you couldn't see it with his dark fur. He'd never really been given a gift before, and it was rather nice looking, masculine, but not overwhelming. It smelled good to, and that was even better. He got so very tired of the smell of death that always seemed to surround him.

He turned his amber eyes to the bird, a sorrow flashing in them before he covered buried it, he knew he smelled like the very thing all in the Pride wished to forget, " It's ok Alchemilla, you don't have to make polite excuses. Your bird friend is right. No matter how much I bathe, I will always smell of it."

The black male gave her a simple smile, " Thank you for the gift, I will be happy to wear it. May I come back to you when the leaves dry and have them replaced? I think I would like to keep the scent of them close."

Lorne_Sionn

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:52 am
Mol smiles softly. "Of course. When they dry I can use them so you would be doing me a favor." She chuckles softly. "Mint is wonderful cure to stomach problems, well, not a cure but it calms the stomach when dried."

The female hyena laughs gently "Kefiin doesn't like the smell of mint. She is a prey bird and can be a scavenger, she much preferes the smell of rotting carcasses." She rolls her eyes, saying the words did not make her feel any better but it was a fact of the pride. "She's always like that pay her no mind and you come back to see me any time." She smiles softly, her light green eyes looking over the dark male. "I should get going." She sighs gently turning her gaze away from the male hyena and back to her equipment. She quickly arranges the gear across her back, replacing her decorative items that showed her to be a healer.

Kefiin clicks her beak. "You smelled better before the mint." She squarks opening her wings and taking a few quick steps before her wings lifted her up towards the blue skies.

Alchemilla mollis shakes her head and smiles at Beo. "Hawks." She chuckles and pads away. "Good luck in your day Beo." She whispers heading away to return to her job.  
[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games