Reply The T.A.R.D.I.S.
Timelords

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

II-GeeNeeLee-II

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:29 pm
It may interest you, NuWho watchers, to know that there are, in fact, other members of the Doctor's and Master's species. Shocker, I know. Two of them, his granddaughter Susan and possible-love-interest Romana [Who had much better chemistry with him than Rose], were actually companions.
Well, there WERE Timelords at one point.
I miss them.

Timelords have been depicted in various ways over the course of the series. Sometimes they were evil, corrupt, did really stupid things, and blamed everything on the Doctor. Sometimes they were the neutral janitors of time. Sometimes they were just stupid.
WELL I MISS THEM ANYWAY DAMMIT.

Any theories or opinions on this race or their fate?

Note: I have nothing against the Doctor and the Master. I just want you to recognize the existence of TimeLords other than them.

Also, Romana. I think I am a fangirl for her, urgh.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:41 pm
There are a few spoilers here.

I think a good many of us know that there's more than the Doctor and the Master. One of the things that the new run has painfully kept clear, though, is that before it started, there was a war. A Time War. In it, the Doctor actually lead the fight against the Daleks, but in the end, he saw what had happened to his people and decided that they were no better than the Daleks, willing to sacrifice others so long as it gave them an advantage. They'd wipe out an entire inhabited planet if it suited them. He was the one who sealed his home planet, his race, and all others involved in the war from interaction with the rest of the universe. I think Romana was among the Time Lords sealed inside the Time War.
It was during the last adventure of the 10th Doctor that the Time Lords tried to bring Gallifrey out of the Time War. It was a last ditch attempt to get out of the war before Gallifrey fell. They were then going to end time and ascend into energy beings. However, they failed and were thrown back in, The Master aiding in pushing them back. However, with the Master now in the Time War, Gallifrey may actually stand a chance.
It should be noted that there was a woman involved in this episode. She was of Gallifrey and was able to communicate with Wilford Mott. Her intention was to save the Doctor. She was also one who voted against the plan to emerge from the Time War. However, there's nothing else revealed about her in the episode, other than that the Doctor recognized her.  

silversonic1

Mega Noob

20,550 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:24 pm
Pretty much everything the above post said. The other Time Lords are not put in a very kind light. Spoiler here: It was the other Time Lords that caused the Master's insanity.
I hope they bring back that woman who wanted to save the Doctor. I have a guess who she is, but I don't want to say it. But I am quite interested to see how all that plays out.  
The T.A.R.D.I.S.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games