remembering

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

spearquest

Aged Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:30 pm
i used to be happy to come here. now i just find myself posting crappy jokes and mindless threads because people here have become so emotional and opinionated that it's killed the reason people even come here. neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:10 am
I like your jokes!  

Sup3r_Bwahaha

Barton Witch

18,800 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:37 am
I don't think that's the case for everyone. I think I still come here for the same reasons I did when I first joined the guild. True that the discussions I come across aren't the same as the used to be... but I still enjoy coming to Why Not.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:08 am
Yep. The guild has gone down hill in the past 2 years. Waaaay down hill. Not really a lot of fun anymore. But I do come on because there are a few people who I enjoy talking to. Then there are those many people who get on my nerves.  

Ethrawl

spearquest

Aged Streaker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:43 am
Pistll
Yep. The guild has gone down hill in the past 2 years. Waaaay down hill. Not really a lot of fun anymore. But I do come on because there are a few people who I enjoy talking to. Then there are those many people who get on my nerves.

for me, it's a bit of a habit to come here now. hard to break, but i don't try anymore with certain things.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:58 am
Perhaps you should be more like me and have no recognizable or apparent feelings.
Or perhaps less like me. The reasons are harder to articulate, in my sleepy state, but probably less necessary, as I do believe that popular opinion (here, at the very least) holds that I am not at all to be imitated.  

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

ThatOneLingy

5,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:52 am
I've felt this way for quite some time.

Which is why I rarely post.

Besides the fact that most people in here I don't like therefore will ignore them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:00 am
I don't feel like I can relate to most of the members nowadays. It seems like most of the regulars are high school and middle aged kids. Which I know is the majority of Gaia. But yeah. I just get aggravated with them easily. And then I come off as bitchy. So I try to not post too much because I feel bad about it (not because of them, I really don't care. But because of the people I actually DO like)  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:34 am
Ame no Tenshi
I don't feel like I can relate to most of the members nowadays. It seems like most of the regulars are high school and middle aged kids. Which I know is the majority of Gaia. But yeah. I just get aggravated with them easily. And then I come off as bitchy. So I try to not post too much because I feel bad about it (not because of them, I really don't care. But because of the people I actually DO like)

Does seem like it, doesn't it? I think I'm sort of in the same league as you - feeling a bit of an outsider simply because we can relate to these younger folks.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:20 pm
D) all of the above  

spearquest

Aged Streaker

ThatOneLingy

5,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:57 pm
Ame no Tenshi

Why is it we always have the same opinions?
xd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:16 pm
=Lurk's out of the RPC,feeling like he's one of the reason's for this thread((13 year old,joined in 09))

Pirate Radio FM

2,600 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:59 pm
Sadly, this guild is becoming a darker place. sad

It used to be fun, light-hearted and full of life. But now...it's heavier, and it's dying a slow death.

I really miss the old guild. When everyone was newer and friendlier, not bitter.
The old WN was my hidey-hole, my little virtual space that I could always escape to. But now...now it's a chore to come here, because I dread what arguments I might find when I log on. neutral

And I especially miss the people that made this guild what it is for me, the way they used to be. DvnT, Phase, Ame, Z, IANAC, DotS. They all forged the comfortable little dome I so happily inhabited, my virtual home. But everyone has changed, including myself. And is that change that I fear is bringing about this dark cloud...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:36 am
Sometimes I can't help but troll some people. But that's not that often. Most of the time I just don't post because I usually don't find any of the topics worth my time of posting in.  

Ethrawl

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:37 am
Apparently I'm just a b***h who hates everyone heart

But seriously. I come here and people are either trolling each other, which pisses me off. Or I post something and obviously I'm being mean and trying to start something (because that's my ultimate goal on Gaia!). Or all the topics are something that I have absolutely no interest in.

I do miss old Why Not. I think we all do.

And Lingy we obviously agree because we're awesome.

"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games