Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
A Real Character Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ever have a Real Character?
  Yes!
  And they won't leave me alone!
  A few.
  Does this count? (post!)
View Results

Metal-Ridley
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:16 pm
Thaedrian
My one point of paranoia with this is I am worried that if I do something stupid, no one will point it out. I mean, really, as many jerks out there, there are plenty more people who will not say anything just to be polite.

Oo, who's Yumeri? And how is she cliched? Personally, I like cliches. The reason they became cliches in the first place is because they are popular. I mean, if everything is a cliche in a story (or a person) it can get annoying. A little cliche goes a long way. *nods sagely*

Aw. You shouldn't be afraid of that. I'm sure you can't fully enjoy roleplaying your character if you keep on being paranoid about that. Just type up something and re-read yourself to see if you're making any sense!

Oh, right. Yumeri (in the guild) is my angel girl in Indentured Advocates. She's a petite albino healer, she looks pretty delicate but she has a big heart. She's a total sweetheart, doesn't speak loud. I'm sure that with this description, you already thought of another character from another story. I didn't intent on basing her off of another character, but I realize she's not exactly unique and that her type of character is actually common. She's still fun to play though!
The first Yumeri I played, though, was with my previously mentioned friends. She wasn't exactly the way Yumeri in Indentured Advocates is. My original Yumeri was slightly tougher and not so frail and polite. She actually had her little bitchy side, too. Both Yumeri aren't all that different from one another, there are more similarities than differences, but yeah.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:25 pm
Thaedrian
Jokerman-EXE
I'm glad someone knows that I'm talking about! blaugh

As far as age and appearance go, Shae has stayed pretty constant. His personality has shifted a lot over time, though the core of it remains the same. Where I've seen the most growth is his backstory, and how it relates to his current character; the more I add to his past, the deeper his present gets - which is pretty much how real life works, isn't it?
If you don't mind writing, I would love to hear some of his backstory. I agree with you on the relation between the past and the present--with a slight amendment. The content of a life is just as important to their development as the length of years and amount of information. Growing up in suburbia versus a war-torn third-world country. One lends a greater opportunity for personal growth than the other (in my opinion, anyway). Not entirely sure where i am going with this... sort of went off on something else entirely there. A very intriguing subject, on the whole, really. How an event may affect a person one way or another. How one person may rise above abuse while the other is in jail by the age of sixteen.

Ramble ramble. But yes, tell me his backstory? I'm curious as to the character of this character. =)

I would love to!

...tomorrow. >.>  

Jokerman-EXE

Thaedrian

Quotable Dabbler

11,050 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:51 pm
Metal-Ridley
Thaedrian
My one point of paranoia with this is I am worried that if I do something stupid, no one will point it out. I mean, really, as many jerks out there, there are plenty more people who will not say anything just to be polite.

Oo, who's Yumeri? And how is she cliched? Personally, I like cliches. The reason they became cliches in the first place is because they are popular. I mean, if everything is a cliche in a story (or a person) it can get annoying. A little cliche goes a long way. *nods sagely*

Aw. You shouldn't be afraid of that. I'm sure you can't fully enjoy roleplaying your character if you keep on being paranoid about that. Just type up something and re-read yourself to see if you're making any sense!

Oh, right. Yumeri (in the guild) is my angel girl in Indentured Advocates. She's a petite albino healer, she looks pretty delicate but she has a big heart. She's a total sweetheart, doesn't speak loud. I'm sure that with this description, you already thought of another character from another story. I didn't intent on basing her off of another character, but I realize she's not exactly unique and that her type of character is actually common. She's still fun to play though!
The first Yumeri I played, though, was with my previously mentioned friends. She wasn't exactly the way Yumeri in Indentured Advocates is. My original Yumeri was slightly tougher and not so frail and polite. She actually had her little bitchy side, too. Both Yumeri aren't all that different from one another, there are more similarities than differences, but yeah.
Eh, easier said than done.

Ah, the sweet, quiet type. Mine always go crazy. Go on a murdering spree. You know, the whole "it's always the quiet ones" thing. So much fun. the quiet ones are the best.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:58 pm
Jokerman-EXE
I would love to!

...tomorrow. >.>
Haha, alright, I'll hold you to that!  

Thaedrian

Quotable Dabbler

11,050 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

Metal-Ridley
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:51 pm
Thaedrian
Metal-Ridley
Thaedrian

Eh, easier said than done.

Ah, the sweet, quiet type. Mine always go crazy. Go on a murdering spree. You know, the whole "it's always the quiet ones" thing. So much fun. the quiet ones are the best.

I've only played one character who was quiet, but deadly. Not crazy per say, though... He would just roam around quietly but when something upsetted him, he would blow a fuse and go on a rage, beating up (or trying to) anything and anyone in his way. The downside to him was that he wasn't particularly physically strong, he only had sharp claws he could use to slice people. He did, however, get himself a suit of armor later on. This only caused him to be even more reckless when he got angry. So much fun to play! XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:52 am
Ohhh man, there have only been two characters I've ever created that wrote themselves in the Roleplay's. Riku and Shinn. Both from a high school roleplay.. actually, the very same roleplay, just one was a remake.

Riku was a guy out for only fun, and his behavior put him in with the wrong crowd, the troublemakers. But, he only caused trouble when he knew people would laugh hysterically at it. In the roleplay, he started to have romantic feelings towards the Queen of the Court, which was the role models of the school. For the fact that he was a lowly trouble maker, and she was a role model, it caused quite a few problems. Riku encountered problem with his status, and I remember clearly him waiting on the rooftop for the Queen of the Court (meeting in the night to not raise questions) and she forgot about him. There was a long story behind it, but she rescued him before he froze to death.

Shinn was the Joker in the Court in a remake of this RP. Like Riku, he was out for the moment, but there was one huuuuge difference. Shinn was an absolute pervert. He used his wind abilities for his evil means. Mirrors on the ceiling to look down shirts, a mirror on his shoe to look up skirts. Everything he did had some perverted intentions behind it. He was the source of comedy relief, and it was great.

Both were unique, and I can't choose between the two who was better. They were both so fun.  

T3rran

Silvrya

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:15 pm
T3rran
Ohhh man, there have only been two characters I've ever created that wrote themselves in the Roleplay's. Riku and Shinn. Both from a high school roleplay.. actually, the very same roleplay, just one was a remake.

Riku was a guy out for only fun, and his behavior put him in with the wrong crowd, the troublemakers. But, he only caused trouble when he knew people would laugh hysterically at it. In the roleplay, he started to have romantic feelings towards the Queen of the Court, which was the role models of the school. For the fact that he was a lowly trouble maker, and she was a role model, it caused quite a few problems. Riku encountered problem with his status, and I remember clearly him waiting on the rooftop for the Queen of the Court (meeting in the night to not raise questions) and she forgot about him. There was a long story behind it, but she rescued him before he froze to death.

Shinn was the Joker in the Court in a remake of this RP. Like Riku, he was out for the moment, but there was one huuuuge difference. Shinn was an absolute pervert. He used his wind abilities for his evil means. Mirrors on the ceiling to look down shirts, a mirror on his shoe to look up skirts. Everything he did had some perverted intentions behind it. He was the source of comedy relief, and it was great.

Both were unique, and I can't choose between the two who was better. They were both so fun.

Shinn sounds very interesting as a character. I have attempted to do perverted male characters, but being a female, I often feel like I'm doing it wrong. Eventually, I dropped the character entirely because I couldn't get the comedy relief right.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:39 am
Oh yeah... I've got some characters that are... um... uniquely themselves, and all of them really different from one another. Quite frankly, I'm wondering how they don't all kill each other inside my brain! Thank god for zip-lock storage containers, ne?

Alright, so one of my most memorable is actually an awkward little guy from a yaoi roleplay I've been doing more recently. His name is Sora Evien and he's not exactly human. He can't really remember what happened, but for as long as he could remember, he's always been attached to this enchanted amulet. When a specific type of owner wears the amulet, it fuses to their skin and spit the skinny boy out, in all his malnourished glory, with a chain and collar linking the two. What makes him special though, isn't his origin or anything, I just thought I'd put that in there so you'd know. Sora is VERY easily embarrassed (which is pretty much, not me at all) and blushes whenever he's thinking something he knows he shouldn't be, or it put in a tight spot where someone is trying to get information out of him that he's too embarrassed to say. He has an amazing stutter when he does manage to say something, but it always comes out vague, but adorably in that sense. It's really shocking whenever he's straightforward (which is pretty much polar opposite of the author that created the adorable little runt). So in short, Sora is the character that makes all the fan girls go "Squeeeee! KAWAIIIII!!!!" and want to tackling and snuggle him to the point he can barely breathe.

Aside from that, I also have a few other memorable characters that have personality of their own. Keiran, my demon of mischief already said his personality completely in the way his profile was filled out. Oh yes, right from birth he was troublesome as the answers to the questions for the profile were smart and devious. "Reason for being in the asylum: They caught me...", "Sexuality/Virgin?: He's not really interested in anyone than himself, but if you perk his interest, he might consider raping you just for the fun of it (think happy thoughts my friend)/Uh no... What kind of mischief demon would he be if he didn't get into a little mischief?" those two parts explain his character fairly well. Aside from that, he also always wears these obnoxious little bells everywhere he goes, and finds great joy in tormenting others. It's a hobby of his...

Okay, I think I've said enough for one post! wink  

Dessert Devour

Desirable Sex Symbol

My-Demonic-Daydreams

Liberal Shapeshifter

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:15 pm
I have a few main characters that seem to have taken over my Rping. It's gotten to the point where I feel as if I'M not typing the post, my character is.

The main one is Lily. She's a character of mine in a Rp that is very shy, sweet, innocent and a bit timid at times. She's not one to trust others easily and she hates humans because they'd torn down her village and killed her best friend when she was about fourteen years old. (She's an elf.)

and the other that really shows is Diana, who's Lily's closest cousin. Diana is a bit of a loudmouth, stubborn and can be a pain in the a** sometimes but you just have to love her. She's also known for hiding her true feelings, nobody has yet to break through the barriers she keeps around herself. (Half-elf half-sorceress, her mother is an evil b***h so don't EVER ask her about it)

The one thing they both have in common: they don't trust people easily anymore. They used to but they both have separate reasons. Diana doesn't because she's had her heart broken and she's been betrayed too many times to count. ((A good example of this is in my Rp she gets engaged and then her fiance cheats on her. He ends up being corrupted with power so Diana, Terra and Larka (the girl he cheated on her with) have to kill him before he hurts anybody innocent. Tragic, right?))

And Lily doesn't trust people because when she did, they got taken away from her somehow, someway. And in the end, she only ended up getting hurt. Another good example for her is that she had an arranged husband who was amazing to her..for about the first five or six years. Then he became abusive. Her current boyfriend ((or now fiance, engaged 3 days ago)) put the little runt in his place and then he was eventually finished off by another man down the road.

With Lily, she now has a happy ending~!
But Diana is still searching for the light at the end of the tunnel.

((Sorry if I rambled))  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:05 am
x-Angelic_Dreams-x

It's gotten to the point where I feel as if I'M not typing the post, my character is.

Oh man, that is such a good feeling.  

Mr. Eccentricity
Captain

Eloquent Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

My-Demonic-Daydreams

Liberal Shapeshifter

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:28 pm
Mr. Eccentricity
x-Angelic_Dreams-x

It's gotten to the point where I feel as if I'M not typing the post, my character is.

Oh man, that is such a good feeling.

Mhm. Sometimes it's a great feeling.
Other times, once the post is up, I'm like...."What did I just type?"
Those posts are usually the ones where things have gotten really, REALLY interesting.  
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff