Will you pray for protection?
  Yes
  No...
  Uhh, sure? *GOLD!*
View Results

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:58 pm
I know this may be an irrelevant topic, but I really need some help here crying

My beloved boyfriend, whom I've known for a long time and love more than anyone in the world, has done something very stupid. Stupid like many boys our age. He decided to borrow money from a guy and buy some weed to try.
Apparently it was just the one time. When he told me, I wanted to slap him and hug him at the same time while crying my eyes out. He knows that it was stupid and he said he wasn't going to get himself addicted, so I have forgiven him. The problem is, he still owes that guy money. And if he doesn't have that money by thursday night, my beloved might get attacked.

He might get killed.

So now I'd like to ask you all who read this; What would you do in this situation if you couldn't get the money? What should I do to help him?

I'd also be very thankful if you could send any energy or prayers possible. Maybe cast a protection spell or let me know of the best ones for keeping loved ones safe.
Thank you for listening redface  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:00 pm
*This discussion probably belongs in the sitting room*

If my boyfriend needed the money I would turn to friends and family and tell them the truth. Loosing your shame is better than loosing your life. How much was it?

If you really want to help him, you will find a way to pay the debt. Aside from that, in this situation, there is nothing that seems like it could help, unless there is more you are not telling us.  

zabazor
Vice Captain

_IceGoddess15_

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:08 pm
I agree with the above post.
Family. Also; to be safe -- don't let your boyfriend go out alone, stay at a friends or be in a group.
If things get serious, contact your local police. I know drugs are involved, but if you honestly think your boyfriends life is in danger...then the authorities would know what to do.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:28 pm
That is a shitty, scary situation, and I am sorry you are in it. ]:

As for the money, I agree with the above posts. Seriously, better to tell the truth and receive help from those who love you. What are friends and family for, right?

As for the weed, don't be too hard on him. And have a little peace of mind knowing it's not addictive and not really harmful either. It's rather hard to hurt yourself with it, lol.
Peace and love, mine guildbuddy. heart

Kabuki-Kun

Tipsy Reveler

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:45 pm
Try to get that money as soon as possible. Ask for an extension or a payment plan if you're unable to make enough on time.

A friend of a friend got into a similar situation and got punched in the face because she put no effort into paying and was kinda rude about it.

On another note, just let it be a lesson to not borrow money from people who are scary. (Not that bill collectors or any less intimidating*)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:30 am
I am in agreement with the above posts in that talking to family about the situation is the best plan. I dated a guy who smoked weed for several years before I found out (different school, that's how I didn't smell it). He got into a scrap, and I told my parents. They helped out, but set down some ground rules. The guy was to quit smoking pot; since I'm no longer dating the guy, you can guess that he didn't.

If your friend can't get the money, definitely talk to the guy he borrowed it from. Offer up a deal on payments, and maybe add interest to the final bit. It can't hurt to make the other guy feel as though he's gotten a bargain. Just don't make a habit out of it.

Speaking of habits; make sure your friend really isn't still smoking the weed. I know most everyone will tell you that it isn't addictive or harmful, but that isn't entirely true. Depending on your friend's temperament, it could be very addicting. My friend is a stubborn SOB, and dependent on the stuff to 'calm down his raging beast'; he also believed he was a wolf-soul, trapped in a human body and destined to do something great. Too many episodes of Wolf's Rain, if you ask me.

But pot also has an impact on short-term memory. The longer a person uses it, the longer the gaps in short-term memory, and the more long-term memory is effected because there is no short-term to fill in the spaces. The last few months of our relationship I remember clearly; my ex can't remember how or when he broke up with me.

So yes, for your sake and your friend's, talk to your parents, or, if you don't feel comfortable with that, talk to a teacher or school counselor. If you ask them to keep it between you and them, they should honor your wishes. And they may even keep a closer eye on the maybe-threat.

Plus, it never hurts to pray.  

Independent Renegade

Thirteenth Dragon

Kabuki-Kun

Tipsy Reveler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:16 am
Hellsing_Demon
he also believed he was a wolf-soul, trapped in a human body and destined to do something great. Too many episodes of Wolf's Rain, if you ask me.

As a side note, feeling that one has the soul of an animal is called being a Therianthrope or simply a Therian.
Though, I will point out that there are people who honestly have rage issues and choose to use therianthropy as an excuse, claiming that their fits are caused by an inner animal. This could very well be clinical lycanthropy and is in no way the same as being a Therian. Nor is believing that one is physically an animal....that's just psychosis. xD

Yay! Fun fact for the day! ^__^

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:01 am
Dang! How much weed did he buy? Or how high quality? Even better how much exactly did he borrow? I know people who can get weed for $20 and $20 is not going to get you killed. A black eye maybe, but not killed.

I agree with the above posters that you should talk to your friends and he should try talking to his family about how to get the money to pay the guy he borrowed from.

Also weed is not physically addictive, but can be psychologically if used as a coping mechanism. There are little to no physical side effects, though constant heavy use can result in memory issues. It works in a way that when you're high you remember conversations you had when you were high, but not when you're sober and then the same in reverse. Remember things that happened when you're sober when you're sober but not when you're high.  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:09 am
Thanks for the support everyone 3nodding (my bad about the wrong placing of the topic).
Luckily we didn't have to get any family involved. I did a bit of money earning at home and our friends pitched in, so he was thankfully able to pay the guy back.
Nearly died of worry this morning when he wasn't in school, thinking he was dead, but turns out he has the flu (poor thing sweatdrop ).

Thank you all for your advice and help!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:24 pm
Countess Elsinore
Hellsing_Demon
he also believed he was a wolf-soul, trapped in a human body and destined to do something great. Too many episodes of Wolf's Rain, if you ask me.

As a side note, feeling that one has the soul of an animal is called being a Therianthrope or simply a Therian.
Though, I will point out that there are people who honestly have rage issues and choose to use therianthropy as an excuse, claiming that their fits are caused by an inner animal. This could very well be clinical lycanthropy and is in no way the same as being a Therian. Nor is believing that one is physically an animal....that's just psychosis. xD

I quite agree and understand you. I myself have been doing research on Therianthropy and Otherkin, for personal reasons. The more I research the topic, the more I've come to the conclusion that my ex was in fact an attention whore ('scuse the language). He used(es) his 'emotional disorder' (angsty teen with an authority problem) as a crutch. My bet is he fell under 'psychosis.' smile And I don't just think that because he's my Ex. We're still friends.

ShiniRem: Glad everything has worked out, but I would still suggest telling someone (responsible adult or school teacher) about the incident, just in case there is an unforseen repercussion in the future (you getting jumped because so-and-so's buddy heard about something and you were involved, yadda yadda. I've had it happen, and it wasn't pretty. For the other guy. But then again, I can be a mean b***h when I want to. smile ). If something does happen, you will have the knowledge of knowing that you warned someone and the blame won't be centered solely on you. It's easier that way, and far less painful in the long run.

Don't worry about it hurting your friend. If he is really your friend, he will forgive you. Especially if the offense is something so simple and stupid as weed... I had a friend accused of threatening the Principal's life, and I turned him in. He forgave me the insant I told him about it. Plus, he wasn't gonna kill anybody... That was the school overracting... *Twitches* Damned Zero-Tolerance policy... And it was on MySpace, for grief's sake!

Wow... It sounds like I hung out with potheads and psychos all through high school... Oh, wait... I was the psycho... everyone else just tagged along... *Insert evil laugh here*  

Independent Renegade

Thirteenth Dragon

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:53 pm
Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note: No problem. That is what us crew members are for. Now you know now for next time.  
The Sitting Room - - [real-life, quest threads, chatterbox, etc]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games