Welcome to Gaia! ::

Learn To Speak Japanese!

Back to Guilds

A Guild for learning how to speak Japanese on a daily basis! 

Tags: Learn, Japanese, Nihongo, Speak, Japan 

Reply Guild Home
Helpful links! (UPDATED 10-16-10!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dante Tatlin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:33 pm
I wasn't sure where to put this, but here are links that help SAVE MY (JAPANESE SPEAKING) LIFE.

*Tangorin.com Japanese to English and English to Japanese dictionary. You can type your queries in romaji, hiragana, or katakana! It even helps with those tricky kanji!

*Tofugu.com This site has articles on Japanese culture, food, and trends. However, if you decide to use the learning materials (TextFugu), you have to pay a fee. =P Even if you can't pay, browse around the free material. It's really interesting.

*Rikaichan Once you've begun reading simple sentences, THIS. WILL. BE. A. MUST. HAVE. This is a kanji lookup in an instant. Hover your mouse over some kanji and it shows its proper readings. If you need help, PM me or look at the FAQ listed.

*The Japanese Page This page has a lot of helpful lessons (especially the Fast Track: 100 Grammar Points!) that can help you learn those pesky particles and some funny and cute idioms.

aimike3
http://www.guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar
Tae Kim's *free* guide to learning Japanese grammar! He doesn't quite explain everything perfectly, so if you have any problems, just go to Tofugu, which is in the previous post. He also tries to get you using difficult kanji early on. I'm "cheating" and just recognizing where kanji goes and focusing on the grammar part so I can make sentences and put the kanji into them later. If you wanna learn more difficult Kanji early on, go right ahead. (^_-)~*

If you know of any other helpful links, post them here and I'll add them to the page!
User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:59 pm
http://www.guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar
Tae Kim's *free* guide to learning Japanese grammar! He doesn't quite explain everything perfectly, so if you have any problems, just go to Tofugu, which is in the previous post. He also tries to get you using difficult kanji early on. I'm "cheating" and just recognizing where kanji goes and focusing on the grammar part so I can make sentences and put the kanji into them later. If you wanna learn more difficult Kanji early on, go right ahead. (^_-)~*  

aimike3

Guild Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff