Reply It's A Girl Thing!
Breast Cancer Month

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

slothicorn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:01 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:16 am
For Breast Cancer Awareness Month, my school wore pink shirts and jeans. Sadly, they did not inform the whole school. Just the teachers, so not enough people wore pink. :/

gas powered stick

Empty Spiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:45 am
[~+~]

We haven't even had anything over here, we never do it seems. >.<;

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:21 am
There's a volleyball event at my college that will help out. Also, when I went back to my high school to get my yearbook, there was a stand where people were selling the ribbons for $1. I bought it since a friend was one of the people running the stand.  

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Empty Spiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:25 am
[~+~]

Apparently it's "wear it pink" day on the 29th of October.
:3

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:30 am
Empty Spiral
[~+~]

Apparently it's "wear it pink" day on the 29th of October.
:3

User Image

I'll have to remember that. Maybe then I'll be able to wear some pink. I felt so bad for forgetting. Dx

gas powered stick

Empty Spiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:48 am
[~+~]

Why the hell do i keep editting posts?
I always swear i've hit the quote button. -_-;

Monchrome: Same!
The only reason i know is 'cause i saw it advertised in the Sunday Express. >.<;

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:03 am
Haha.
I do tend to do that in other guilds too. Luckily, I catch myself before I press submit.

If you hadn't put it there, I probably never would have known about it. But, now that I do, I plan on wearing my only pink shirt in my closet.
[I literally have only one pink shirt. Dx]

gas powered stick

Empty Spiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:17 am
Monochrome Monster
Haha.
I do tend to do that in other guilds too. Luckily, I catch myself before I press submit.

If you hadn't put it there, I probably never would have known about it. But, now that I do, I plan on wearing my only pink shirt in my closet.
[I literally have only one pink shirt. Dx]
[~+~]

I don't own anything pink as far as i know. D:
Will probably find some jewellery or nail polish or sommant. >.<;

Ginger hair + pink = generally don't go!
D:

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:23 am
sadly i thought it was last month sweatdrop

but my school kinda do stuff. last year they did a run thing

this year im not really sure but theres kids walking around with wristband that says "I love boobies" which is a teen verson of repin breast cancer month  

LacrymosaVampiress22

gas powered stick

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:26 am
LacrymosaVampiress22
sadly i thought it was last month sweatdrop

but my school kinda do stuff. last year they did a run thing

this year im not really sure but theres kids walking around with wristband that says "I love boobies" which is a teen verson of repin breast cancer month

Um...a few students at my school have those wristbands, but that doesn't actually count as an all school thing. Haha.

@Empty Spiral:

In all honesty, I hate pink. I just don't look good in it, especially light pink. Dark pink...I can kind of wear it, but that's the closest I'll get to the color. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:31 pm
In my art class we painted pink ribbons to post around school. Tuttle, my teacher, had everyone make two, so he'd have extra, because last year the principal and vice tore them all down, because he didn't get permission to post them.
My friend Fuzzy has buttons for everything he supports, and he'll randomly go up to people and say, "Support! Do you support ______?" If they they are, he'll go "YEEEAH" and hug them. If they say no, "You are a disappointment to human kind." And walk away.  

ShePotterGleek

2,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

Ophrysia

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:42 pm
They're collecting money for the Susan G. Komen foundation where I work. Sadly we're not actually allowed to wear pink shirts or anything, but some people have improvised. One girl is wearing pink shoes all month long; a lot of people have pink ribbon pins, and I've been carrying a pink purse (one of the few pink things I own).

And in the floral department, where I work, we set up a huge breast cancer awareness display by the entrance,
and decorated it with pink arrangements, balloons, and such.

As far as the rest of the town, there hasn't been much going on. But they've apparently "painted" Savannah pink; decorated all the yards with lawn flamingos and things like that.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:44 pm
I so need to get a pink shirt or something Breast Cancer Awareness-y for that day. Totally. I may even be lucky and be able to do a walk-a-thon on that day.  

MightyWonderWoman

5,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

II_TrOpiC BluE_II

6,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:51 pm
the penguin is so cute whee ~!