women rights in the bible! (mature!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:15 pm
Holypimp
The part of what you said that I Italicized I couldnt disagree more, Marriage isnt just sex, its growing with another person and the two of you trying to understand each other more. Marriage may be one part sex but you have to look at every angle of it.

I take it that you didn't read the verse I quoted. Well, here it is.

My apologies. THe verse that I quoted was wrong. the actual one was 1 corinthians 7:1-9. My bad.

Teh Jesus Book
Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry. 2But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. 3The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. 4The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. 5Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. 6I say this as a concession, not as a command. 7I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that.

8Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. 9But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:16 pm
There IS an email by which you can contact the delusioned webmaster. However I don't recommend it. The website and general tone indicate of course that it is a poor excuse to hate Christians.

Here is my email to him/her:

Quote:
To: QuranSearchCom@aol.com
Sent: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 21:21:39 -0500
Subject: "Sisters" in the Song of Songs

Jews in the Bible call each other "sister" and "brother" regardless
of relation, as do Christians in the new testament. This is because
they believe that we are all "sons" of God, and that makes us
"sisters" and "brothers" on a spiritual level. The verses you quoted
in Song of Songs are no different. Please remove or explain better
your ridiculous accusation of verses you do not appreciate the
context of.

And the email back:

Quote:
The "gospel" does say that she wished if he was her "brother" so that she wouldn't have to take him home in secret.

Sorry, but you're way off.

Osama

I am not responding for my own sake because I don't have time for something like that right now. rolleyes  

MrsMica

Alumnus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:22 pm
Lalkin_Kath_Lover
Jedediah Smith
That site contains false statements about Christianity! stressed

1) Everything they state about Christianity is false.
2) They are taking everything out of context and perverting it into their own view.
3) They slander the Old Testament in the Bible but yet Islam also uses parts of the Old Testament.
4) Most of their agruments are from the Old Testament which Christianity doesn't follow the Law anymore.

The site is an example of radical muslims who are distorting Christianity. Funny thing is Islam is the most controlling and sexiest religion there is.

If anybody who is confused from what this site says about women in Christianity and want answers, please PM me or reply here. I would gladly, gladly answer them.

do tell and yeah please if you can correct and post what are the actual women rights in christianity stressed

1) Women have the right to be treated well by their husbands

25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. 28So husbands ought to love their own wives as their own bodies; he who loves his wife loves himself.

Ephesians 5

...actually women have all the rights me do, except that they can't have authority over men. Do you want to be subject to a stricter judgement? More responsibility? God made us and we are just as important as adam. If you need me to explain more I will.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:27 pm
Men and women are equal, with different roles in life.  

Bolt

MrsMica

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:37 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items