10 years back (from a 16-year old's point) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yes? Agree with this?
  Yes
  no.
  viper, you're just wayy too sentimental!
View Results

I Am A Mountie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:43 pm
I'm 3 years younger than you but I can relate...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:51 pm
iNicoler
katsumii
Satil
I'm living the life I expected to.
Satil
... but I did that to myself for getting a Master's in something "safe" rather than what I really wanted.
Wait - you expected to do something other than what you wanted? I'm confuzzled.

I think that that's what she's saying.
Some people don't expect to do what they want to do. I want to be an actress, but I don't expect that I'm going to be one professionally.

Anyways, 10 years back, I don't remember too well. But, I have realized at a young age that, when you get older, the world isn't all sunshine and rainbows.
Hmm, okay. I guess that I've always correlated "expectations" directly to "wants." Like, we can't expect everything we want, but we should have at least some (even minuscule or subconsciously) desire as to what we expect.

Similar to what someone posted earlier, as a young child, I never thought about my future life... Ugh, I remember, when I was 6, I thought everybody in high school or older was an adult. I watched many a high school play as a little child, thinking it was a professional acting school with professional actors. Then, I attended that school. It's nothing special. stressed

katsumii

Satil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:00 pm
katsumii
Satil
I'm living the life I expected to.
Satil
... but I did that to myself for getting a Master's in something "safe" rather than what I really wanted.
Wait - you expected to do something other than what you wanted? I'm confuzzled.

I had low self esteem and didn't think I was smart enough to pursue medicine. Turns out I am, and am doing so now. A few years late, but better late than never and being stuck in a career I hate. I also didn't expect to hate the career I went with.

And I'm living the life I expected in the sense that I am married to someone I love and that loves me back, I am trying for my first child, and I am a happy, healthy adult doing things I always wanted to do as a teen.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:31 pm
Yeah!! That's precisely what I thought my high school years would be back in kindergarten and the like. I'm not quite 16 yet (turning 14 in less then a week) and heh, I've learned and am still learning the way the world really goes. Sometimes it'd be nice if things were as simple as I had imagined them, but then the real world is a lot deeper and rewarding smile I'd rather have this version of my high school years.  

Key of Heart

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

vampire-demon-girl-15

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:12 pm
that is sooo true i agree  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:16 pm
Hisaki_Kage
I'm so glad I didn't commit suicide when I was 16... I would have never met the man of my dreams and he would be one sad, lonely guy. ; u ; Don't ever give up!!!

I'm still following my dream as a writer (rewriting all my stories again haha) annnnnnnd my art has gotten SO much better. biggrin

I LOVE thi spost....so glad for you. smile
And writing is amazing! Definatley, follow your dreams. smile  

viper_353

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out