Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Creating A Second Avitar and link them if possible

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Arren Ged rolled 10 10-sided dice: 6, 6, 6, 7, 3, 5, 3, 4, 6, 1 Total: 47 (10-100)

Arren Ged

Aged Werewolf

8,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:50 pm
Well I just want to create a second avi and to know if they have to be seperate or linked or do I have a choice, and how do I do it? question confused

Please be precise, vague generalities are a pure waste of time. rolleyes

thank you very much. LOL! biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:31 pm
You want to create a second account, right? Not just create a second avatar outfit?

A proposal was made recently to the Gaia staff for the option to link two accounts. As in, being able to link two or more accounts you own so that they may share gold and items. The Gaia Staff are only evaluating it right now. The option to link accounts this way does not exist right now.
Here's a link to the proposal thread if you'd like to read more about it: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/spring-cleaning/option-for-linked-accounts-and-alternates-mules/t.62255549/

As of now, your second account would be separate from your Arren Ged account. Gaia has no way of knowing that the same person that made Arren Ged is also the same person that made your new second account.
All you need is a different email address. Only one Gaia account can be made per email address.
You have no choice. The accounts will be separate. Currently, your only way to "link" the accounts would just be to give people both usernames and say that you own both of them. (You can always still trade gold and items between the accounts if you need to.)

Does that help answer it?

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Arren Ged

Aged Werewolf

8,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:28 pm
sdrawkcab
You want to create a second account, right? Not just create a second avatar outfit?

A proposal was made recently to the Gaia staff for the option to link two accounts. As in, being able to link two or more accounts you own so that they may share gold and items. The Gaia Staff are only evaluating it right now. The option to link accounts this way does not exist right now.
Here's a link to the proposal thread if you'd like to read more about it: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/spring-cleaning/option-for-linked-accounts-and-alternates-mules/t.62255549/

I have two different e-m addresses to the same place/account, one was the very frist one i ever had, when signing up to my now account they added that one as well as the one they gave me. Can I use that one?

As of now, your second account would be separate from your Arren Ged account. Gaia has no way of knowing that the same person that made Arren Ged is also the same person that made your new second account.
All you need is a different email address. Only one Gaia account can be made per email address.
You have no choice. The accounts will be separate. Currently, your only way to "link" the accounts would just be to give people both usernames and say that you own both of them. (You can always still trade gold and items between the accounts if you need to.)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:48 pm
Arren Ged
sdrawkcab

I have two different e-m addresses to the same place/account, one was the very frist one i ever had, when signing up to my now account they added that one as well as the one they gave me. Can I use that one?

Well, I don't mind if they are not linked right now, I just want to get a second one up and running, in the hope that I can get on with the tings that my then main on can't due to the time it was made, etc. I am assuming that you are saying yes to the second account, but that they will not be linked, which is ok for me. Is this right.

Sorry to be such a pain. And many thanks for your help anyway.  

Arren Ged

Aged Werewolf

8,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Timid 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:12 am
Arren Ged

Well, I don't mind if they are not linked right now, I just want to get a second one up and running, in the hope that I can get on with the tings that my then main on can't due to the time it was made, etc. I am assuming that you are saying yes to the second account, but that they will not be linked, which is ok for me. Is this right.

Sorry to be such a pain. And many thanks for your help anyway.
Yes. You can create a second account. It will not be linked, but you can create another account as long as you have a different email address to use. :]

Edit;
Arren Ged

As I understand it, your Gaia account can only have one email address at a time. It can't have two.
If the email address was changed, then the first one should be free to use again. Use the email address that's not registered to your Arren Ged account.
(If you tried to use the Arren Ged email address, you'd just get an error message telling you that the email is already in use.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:38 pm

Cabbi is right. You'd get an error if you tried to recycle / reuse the e-mail address that's currently in use, but the old one should be fine.

What you're talking about is more commonly referred to as a mule. If you've seen anyone say 'This is my mule' or 'This is my main' they're referring to this situation. A mule is an account other than the primary, in your case, Arren Ged. You may make as many mules as you wish. I have 28, they're all under different e-mails as required by Gaia.

What you do with the mule is purely up to you. Some people use them to actively play on Gaia (some mules become primary accounts despite being created later because they are used most often) whereas others use them for storage, vending, to have another avatar to dress, or just to have another username.

You can trade between any two of your accounts freely as you would trade with any other user so long as both accounts have a trading pass- this is easiest if you have two browsers, because then you can log into both accounts at the same time as opposed to logging in, out, in, out, etc to complete the trade.

If you want people to know that Arren Ged is the same person as the new account, you can leave a note on their profiles or in their signatures.

Daypaw

Hardened Member

☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces