Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:51 pm
The really bad thing is that you know what? The children reading the books aren't going to recognize a single so-called satanic reference until they read the stuff on this site.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:04 pm
Okay, I have many giggles to share. Some have been missed, others already said.

Quote:
Cedric Diggory -- the Champion from Hogwart's School who had grasped the Champion's Trophy at the same time as Harry, resulting in both of them being physically whisked to the graveyard where Lord Voldemort was awaiting. Upon seeing Cedric with Harry, Voldemort instantly killed him with the Cruciatus Curse, the killing curse that produces such excruciating pain as it kills. I still think this name of this curse is a play on the word, Crucify, which would make it a slam against Jesus' Crucifixion.

Heehee. They are just SO right aren't they?

Quote:
"Uncle Vernon made another funny noise, like a mouse being trodden on." [p. 47] Remember Adolf Hitler, the most famous Black Magick wizard in modern history? He depicted Jews as Rats in his Propaganda Machinery, convincing the Germans they should extermination the "vermin".

I've only learnt one thing today. Christians are just angry with Harry Potter because they are jealous that even if they did read and enjoy the books, they would still not be allowed into this guild because they are so illiterate.

Quote:
SIRIUS IS SATAN!

Sirius is one of the most important characters in this book. He was unjustly accused and imprisoned in Azkaban, the most horrible prison for witches in the world. He escaped, however, and is in hiding from the witches who control the Fantasy world of Witchcraft. Since he is related to Harry, he is constantly on guard against those who would want to harm Harry. Sirius is able to transform at will into a big black dog in order to conceal himself.

In Satanic legend, Sirius is one of the most important stars in the galaxy; but, more to the point, Sirius is Satan! Let us listen to what Freemason leader and author, Albert Pike, has to say about Sirius, who came out of the Egyptian Mysteries.

"Isis was aided in her search [for the slain body of Osiris] by Anubis, in the shape of a dog. He was Sirius, or the Dog-Star, the friend and counsellor of Osiris, and the inventor of language, grammar, astronomy, surveying, arithmetic, music, and medical science; the first maker of laws; and who taught the worship of the Gods, and the building of Temples." [Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma, p. 376, Teachings of the 24th Degree, Prince of the Tabernacle]

Thus, we can see the critically key role that Sirius plays in the world of the Egyptian Mysteries. He was a counsellor of the Messiah figure, Osiris, who died for the good of mankind, and whose body was "nailed up in the ark" [Ibid., p. 377]. Sirius taught the beneficial sciences, made the original laws, taught the worship of the pantheon of pagan gods, and taught how to build the pagan Temples. Sirius was THE man in occult lore, so Rowling chose the "correct" person to come to Harry's aid.

Quote:
J. Using Curse Words -- Rowling states that each of her successive books will become a little more dark than its predecessors; therefore, we should not be surprised to see the first use of a swear word.

"... damn it, we're still with the Slytherins ..." [Page 193]

Quote:
A. Peacocks --

One of the symbols used by occultists to represent the All-Seeing Eye capability of Antichrist is the Peacock. Occultists simply love the "eye" pattern on the tail feathers of the Peacock, so over time, they have made this beautiful bird one of the many symbols for Antichrist. In this book, Peacocks were tethered at the entrance of one of the wizard's tents at the Quidditch World Cup match. [Page 79]. Once again, we see Rowling use actual symbols in her books representing the coming Antichrist. Sorcerer's Stone depicted the Unicorn; The Chamber of Secrets depicted the Phoenix Bird; and now, Goblet of Fire depicts the Peacock. Rowling surely knows her Illuminist Witchcraft!

Quote:
Conditioning, conditioning, conditioning. Remember the standard New Age dictum that the Antichrist "cannot appear until, and unless, a substantial proportion of the people have been conditioned to accept him." These books generally, and Goblet of Fire specifically, conditions mightily.

Truly, the End of the Age is here. Are you spiritually ready? Is your family? Are you adequately protecting your loved ones?

And the entire Deathly Gallows page. The whole page is pointless, they make no sense and it is not convincing. They are just confused, contradicting themselves at every turn. They even point out Rowling's religious beliefs, but then still attempt to convince readers that the book is about Satan, even though they talk about Harry sacrificing himself ie Jesus. Confused, stupid bastards. I'm super pissed off..

Quote:
Harry Potter is certainly fulfilling that role for preparing youngster's minds. Is this the reason the movie release date is 66 days after the World Trade Center bombing?

Oh yes, 66 is just as evil a number as 666. In fact, it is even more evil, because the number is shorter - and therefore the evil is more condensed and potent.

Quote:
Since these [mandrakes] "babies" were "extremely ugly", and since they screamed at the top of their lungs -- just as the picture depicts, I wonder if they are "unwanted" babies. If they are unwanted, then the propaganda of the Pro-Abortionists state that it would be better if they were "eliminated" so they will not be a burden on society.

Throughout the book, the color green was depicted as being the color of the Dark Lords, and their leader, the evil Lord Valdemort. Since we know that the symbol of the House of Slytherin is a serpent, we know that the top ruler of the Dark Lords is Satan. I wonder if these [mandrakes] little babies are being raised simply to be sacrificed, a practice we know is carried out within Dark Satanic covens?

How disgusting, how vile, and how evil this part of Harry Potter truly is! In Potter's White Magic Witchcraft, we now see human sacrifice occurring, even though we get email constantly from White Magic practitioners -- like Wiccans -- who protest mightily that they do NOT practice human sacrifice. Here, we see that this type of human sacrifice is exceedingly important to the operation of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry specifically and of Witchcraft generally.

The Ghoul In Pajamas

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:09 pm
Wow... just wanted to say this.... Advada Kedavra, not the Cruciatus curse! DUH!!!!

And I am offended at the idea that Sirius is Satan...

*sigh* Ok, no one, and I mean no one, is going to realize that there are Satanic references in these books, not even the Satanists. I have a friend whose sister is a Satanist, and she knows the religion as well as her sister, and I showed her the link to that site, and she laughed her a** off at how ridiculous it was. She told me that the references the person who did the site had found were as far fetched as anything she'd ever heard, and even said that her sister was offended that the books were associated with her religion (she hates them). Her sister read the books and couldn't find a single honest to God (Satan? eek question ) legitimate reference to Satanism or devil worshiping in them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:52 am
Scotties MiaKitty

Plus, i noticed several times that they referred to the practice of witchcraft as 'Wiccanism' that's wrong. Wiccans are people who are devot to the pagan rituals of honoring the earth and the elements for their blessings. They consider the elements to be their 'gods' and do NOT recognize God or Jesus as the higher powers who created human kind.

Okay, I'm sorry but I feel the need to correct you.

Wiccans DO NOT worship the earth or the elements. They worship the God and the Goddess. Wicca IS NOT a nature based religion. Wicca is a religion based on fertility started by Gerald Gardner and to be a true Wiccan one needs to be initiated into a coven that can trace it's lineage back to Gardner himself (This is also called Traditional Wicca). People under the legal age (in the US it's 18 ) are not initiated to the religion because of legal issues involving certain rituals such as The Scourge which involves a whip (not to draw blood though) and the pain from being struck with said whip to purify as well as to induce a trance and also there is The Great Right which is ritualized sex between a man and a woman, though this can be done in actuality or by plunging an athame (cerimonial dagger) into the chalice.

Now there's also Neo-Wicca which is a bit harder to explain so I'm gonna quote the creator of the Lifestyle Discussion thread "Pagans on Gaia"
I am uninsured speech
Wiccan (Neo/Eclectic)
This is where the vast majority of those who use the title Wiccan fall. Neo-Wicca is far more difficult to define, as there is no true codification to unite the myriad of groups and individuals who consider themselves Wiccan (excluding Traditional Wiccans of course). Neo-Wicca is a religion that mirrors Traditional Wicca as closely as it can. It is often practiced in a Solitary manner, however, there are many Covens and Circles that do not fall into the specifics of Traditional Wicca but that would be considered Neo/Eclectic Wicca. Some defining characteristics are polytheism, a belief in reincarnation, following of natural and lunar cycles (including the celebration of sabbats and esbats), and adhering to the Wiccan Rede of "An it harm none, do as thy will." While Traditional Wicca is a fertility religion, Neo/Eclectic Wicca is often interpreted as a nature religion.

Just a note: I'm not Wiccan or Pagan in any way shape or form, I just like to know as much about things as possible.  

Crystal_Gazer94

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:30 pm
I actually found that out a while back when i was writing a paper on the truth of Wiccanism and how it's not devil worship.. hm... maybe I should send the person who did that site a copy of my paper XD!

But yeah Wiccans worship the Horned God and the Goddess, the Goddess represents fertility and motherly love and all that, and the Horned God is a protector. They have four main holidays on the summer and winter solstice and the spring and autumn equinox. My paper actually had a whole page and a half long paragraph about Samhain...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:11 pm
After Fred Phelps's vile hate speech crusades, nothing these misguided "Christians" do surprises me. Still, I do find it ridiculous that some people manage to miss the point of
a) their own religion and
b) the Harry Potter books
so spectacularly.

J.K. Rowling is a Christian herself. She donates to charity, she... she's just generally a good, neighbour-loving individual by all accounts.
But oops! I forgot, Slytherins wear green. She's clearly been leading us to Satan this whole time!

Also, the picture on that site is far more traumatising and potentially derailing than any book I've ever read.  

avocadopenguin

ScottieBears MiaKitty

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:23 pm
No kidding...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:20 pm
Quote:
B. At the end of the book, we see another instance of drug glorification. In order to achieve their goal of the Sorcerer's Stone -- eternal life as explained earlier -- Harry and Hermione have to correctly choose between several bottles full of drug potions, which they are to correctly drink in the right order.

All right, drugs in Harry Potter? Well, we have DRUGS in our stores and DRUGS in our homes. Many potions mentioned in HP are to protect, help, ect. That is all drugs in our stores do, right? So maybe the drugs taken to make people feel better are bad.  

AmethystDragon81

450 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Galyxies

Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:33 am
Zaurak
I was surfing the web, andone way or another, I stumbled upon the following:

http://www.cuttingedge.org/news/hpmain.html

As I read the articles, a growing sense of horror seized me. You know those narrow-minded fundies who believe Harry Potter is satanic but most of us have actually never met. These are them. And their message and narrow minded bigotry and blatantly willful misinterpretation of the Potter books are far scarier and more harmful than anything you will find in any of the Harry Potter books.

This has to be a joke....but I don't think it is.

I really hope this is a joke. -__o'
I am a Christian, myself, and obviously I love the Harry Potter books (why else would I be in this guild?)
I can't stand people who call themselves Christians but say everything in the world is 'satanic' and 'evil' just because it is not necessarily completely Christian.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:42 am
Quote:
I've only learnt one thing today. Christians are just angry with Harry Potter because they are jealous that even if they did read and enjoy the books, they would still not be allowed into this guild because they are so illiterate.

Erm... I'm not like that, and I'm a Christian, so please do not stereotype all Christians just because of that webpage.  

Galyxies

Bloodsucker

Minerva the Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:56 am

I once wrote an essay for school arguing against people that were religiously opposed to Harry Potter. One of the points that I used was that in an interview JKR once said, "I've never had a child come up to me and say, 'Ms. Rowling, I'm so glad that I read these books because now I want to be a witch.' It's a ficticious world, and they understand that completely."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:16 pm
I just checked this page. When I see something like this the only thing that comes to my mind is, well, 'get a life'... Seriously... If you wanna save the world then make a charity or be a volunteer or something like that and really start to help people in need. D; Just stop wasting your time on ridiculous things. But that's only my opinion...
And that's funny that you never meet such people irl, just hear about them.

Vyalia
I can't stand people who call themselves Christians but say everything in the world is 'satanic' and 'evil' just because it is not necessarily completely Christian.

Yup. I heard many times that Harry Potter is an untrustworthy character because of his uncertain nature (he's neither good or bad, but something in between). Well, in fact the world isn't only black OR white. The majority of people is also neither good or bad but in between. And it shows only that Harry Potter is a person like many others. A human of imperfect nature.  

Fivienne

1,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items