I'm not sure why I didn't think of it before, but today I had an epiphany as far as hiding at least some of your pagan things from nosy people goes. Most of it involves using some type of diversion safe.

A diversion safe is an object that looks like an everyday household item, but is actually used to hold and protect valuables from would-be thieves. Many places sell diversion safes in the forms of books, salt shakers, food cans, soda cans, aerosol cans, false wall sockets, bread buns, and other nifty objects. You can also make your own diversion safes from items around the house. Here are some how-tos I found to give you some ideas:

Florescent Marker/Old Cellphone
Ballpoint Pen
Deodorant Container
Aerosol Can
X-Box Game/DVD Case
Kleenex Box
Pocket Watch
Old Router
Floppy Disk

Obviously, a diversion safe should blend in with its surroundings. Unless you're in the habit of keeping canned soup in your room, a soupcan safe is probably not the best choice for you.

Use something that people aren't going to help themselves to. If people around you are in the habit of nipping your soda, a sodacan safe probably isn't a safe bet, either.

Also, don't choose something that someone else is likely to mistake for trash and throw out!

While you may not be able to conceal very large objects this way, you can hide a great deal of personal notes (if not entire USB drives) and small paraphanalia.

IMPORTANT TIPS
Your underwear drawer is about the worst place to "hide" your private stuff, period. It's one of the first places people search when they think you've hidden something. Also, another place people expect to find hidden items is under the mattress.

Electronics and CD/DVD cases are poor choices if you're worried about people trying to steal your stuff as opposed to just looking through it. If you're worried about people trying to steal your things, I also recommend reading The Best Place To Hide Money: Conversation With A Burglar, and Don’t Hide Money In The Toilet: More Conversation With A Burglar.