Welcome to Gaia! ::

∞ Life Dust ∞

Back to Guilds

The location of Dust journals, RPs, some events and quests. 

Tags: Life Dust, Fantasy, Roleplay, Aimes, Events 

Reply Life Dust Guild
[META] Erase or not Erase?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should we retcon the meta?
Yes
52%
 52%  [ 10 ]
No
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
Undecided
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

Life Dust
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:13 am
Dear LD owners,

Over the past few months we - the staff - have noticed a large decline in activity as a whole in the shop and in the guild as well. The obvious culprits such as school, the winter months, and work are what usually causes such a decline but looking past those three we've all come into agreement of what the major culprit is - the metaplot that took place a few months ago.

The event wasn't supposed to have been drawn out for so long and we all know that when such a quick to-do sours into a sluggish pace no one wants or feels motivated to continue. For that, we all apologize. Sadly though, that was out of many of the staffers control as the running of the meta was tasked to one member of our staff and control was out of the rest of our hands. However, all is not lost and this is where you all as owners come into play. We, the staff, have come up with the idea to possibly retcon the meta. Retcon, for those unfamiliar to the term, means we wipe the entire plot from the boards and we all move on like it never happened. It is a very last resort sort of situation, but with activity in the shop on a very steep decline and the meta as the culprit, we feel this would best revive the shop once more. We decided this is a possible idea, but we want your opinions on the matter. We're going to host a poll where you can pick between retconning the meta or not and depending on the winning vote we'll go from there.

Now, just so you all understand what the retcon would entail it will be listed below, but no matter which way the vote goes, we all sincerely hope to see activity bloom in Life Dust once more. We brought the shop back from limbo once, we can do it again!

Thank you in advance,

LD Staff

Sides for the poll

Retcon - The retcon will ultimately wipe the meta from the boards. The call will have never been issued, Aren will have never gathered the Dusts together for a talk, and the shop will pick up again now - in spring. Also, you will not be obligated to post anymore in the meta, as it will be locked and destroyed. The downsides to this are that your Dusts lose any memory of the event as well as those they met during it, but the plus to that is hopefully more activity and a chance for better introductions.

No Retcon - If this option wins, the meta will stay active until it is completed. The call, Aren, the gathering and all that will remain in the shop's plot as well as your Dust's personal plots should any owners have them. The downside to this is owners will HAVE to participate until their Dust's leave the glade ("exit" the meta) and that until that happens the shop activity and morale may also still be on the decline. The positive to this is that the meta will likely still count for the required activity for Teens (and Children?) to grow.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:29 am
I'm not a participant in the meta and I don't own a dust, but as a staff member and one who's involved in creating the metaplot, I think retconing the meta is not a very good idea.

now, I'm not saying the meta should stay active and be dragged long and forever. If that happens chances are it will never be finished. What I'm saying is a staff member needs to write up a conclusion to the meta, taking assumption of what ended up happening, and end the meta right there. The meta, disregarding the fact that it's dragging, is a very important part of the plot, as it introduces Aren's growth, as well as the battle system. If we completely wipe it out the said two things happening will not make any sense. Or, if you want to COMPLETELY wipe the meta, Aren would have to revert back to his teen stage, and the battle system can never be introduced, then we'll have to revise the teen growth requirement and have a lot of work coming afterwards...now if that's what the staffs would like to do then I have no other objections.  

tooaya
Crew

Aged Fatcat

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:16 pm
I'm at work on my phone right now so you guys will have to forgive the shortness and the grammar errors, but I agree with Tooya. The meta is even at a point where it can be easily wrapped - say that everyone made it home safely. It's a done deal and it happened, and alot of what I had in mind for Sita kind of had a base from the meta... So ills have to find another way for her attitude to change ic. I have no excuse for my ownlack of activity on this regard, Sitara has always been acharacter that comes andgoes for me, it isn't anyone's fault.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:38 pm
I honestly don't think the meta should be Retconed as I quite enjoyed where it was going. I was using this as a little bit of a turn point for Ziya's character, making him a little more serious then he had been previously.

I think a good way as to fix this without scraping it completely would be to send out a pm to everyone who participated and haven't exited their characters out *Or do a Guild announcement thing* and give them a small window of opportunity to write up an exit post.

then after the allotted time *lets say three days to a week* Have someone write up a wrap up post using Aren. I think its quite important that Aren returns and we get some sort of plot moving!  

tepidtea

Nerd

Kuuro Kitten

8,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:07 pm
There's a lot of good development with the meta. If we retcon a lot of things will happen that may cause some confusion and set people back as far as development. I'm with Tooya and the others on this. We should keep the meta, give a window of opportunity to those that didn't finish. Then wrap this baby up and continue forward as planned.

Life Dust Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games