engineer-of-doom
Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:06 pm
I'm interested to hear if any of you have an opinion about the Aquarium Strike. I'm considering joining it as I do think Gaia should stand behind their products. What would you think if you bought a car which promised 40 mpg, and it delivered that for 2 months, then the dealership adjusted it so it would only get 30 mpg?

Anyway, discussion on the topic is invited.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:02 pm

I'm unsure about removing fish you already own from your aquarium as the best idea here (sounds like just making things even worse for yourself), however, I do support the general opposition to the nerfing of booty grab. First of all, yes, it's not cool at all even with pixel stuff to lower the quality of items people paid you for after the purchase without specifically saying before purchase that this was fairly likely or definitely going to happen. Second, I also heard in one large thread somebody asked the Gaia staff at a convention and was told that they plan to nerf the dolphins soon and then to release yet another fish to be around as good as the dolphins used to be. It's like what they did to the watermeats. This upset people a lot before and yet they clearly plan to keep it up. Third, and this one is very important to me, nerfing junk is *NOT* how I want them to address gold floating around in the economy. What I DO want is them to make more kinds of gold sinks that you can choose to use your gold on that will turn your gold into something appropriately nice instead. Lots of people have mentioned creating a fancy gold shop with high quality things from 100k to 1million gold as one nice idea. More kinds of things like nice potions and salon hair. I also like that they not long ago added extra outfit slots you could buy for gold, around 10k each I think it was. These kinds of things I like, they make my experience here better, whereas junk like making booty grab worse or automatically taking out a chunk of gold every time I use the market place makes things less enjoyable.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

bluecherry
Vice Captain

®

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces