Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is the new doctor who theme crap?
  yes
  no
View Results

13tash07

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:50 am
I am a compleat music nerd. I got addicted to the doctor who theme music before i got addicted to doctor who itself. But i just heard the new one and it is TERRIBLE!!! They ruined the classic. I suppose the worst bit is the start. Bt what does everyone else think???  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:17 am
I don't like the beiging I think it strays way to far off from the original Theme...the rest is Bareble  

Defender_Of_Earth_Rose

Angel of the Doctor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:25 am
I agree.
The opening theme music was crap. It didn't have that awesome strangeness like before.
Now the look was pretty good. I don't like the title font, but I guess I'm a picky person.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:04 pm
It sounds kind of techno to me, which actually reminds me of earlier theme scores.  

Crystal Of Quills

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:07 pm
What a relief. So all they did was remix the theme song. ^-^

I read the title and thought they put in a completely new song. gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:12 am
I also kinda miss the old time vortex begining... but i am so annoyed that they changed the start. They also got rid of that sonic boom they used to have, making it weird. did you know that the doctor who theme was the first entirley radiophonic piece of music composed. they had to create an entire workshop for it  

13tash07

Natchan1984

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:17 pm
I don't like it at all, and I don't think it sounds anything like the others. yes the basic theme is there, but its not the main part of the song. I feel like they totally strayed away from the original theme.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:00 am
I love the new theme song!  

The John Henry Eden

6,350 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

shukuo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:24 pm
I like how the new version omits the key change. (Except for the end credits of the Titanic in Space episode)

I can really see them using that last part as a kind of rousing finale - which would only work if you didn't hear it every single episode.  
The T.A.R.D.I.S.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games