Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Teen Sex, Pregnancy and Puberty Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for teenagers covering topics centering around teen sex, pregnancy, puberty, and other aspects of teen life. 

Tags: teens, puberty, sexuality, pregnancy, life issues 

Reply Puberty Subforum
Strange Growth Rate

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vantineutrasictical

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:30 am
IT seems them i'll grow every three weeks or so, and it'll be about one inch or two inches on my overall height.
I realize i hit puberty late.

I am a bit confused about the pubic hair on my face. I don't want facial hair, but it won't grow at all anyway. I have that little three or four hairs that just pop up there.

But the real weird part is the pubic hair under my arms. It started to grow like a year ago... and it just... stopped. I don't mind that to much. Bu it just seems like it's not typically usual. I had pubic hair on my lower regions for about one year longer than under my arms.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:50 am
Vantineutrasictical
IT seems them i'll grow every three weeks or so, and it'll be about one inch or two inches on my overall height.

That doesn't sound too unusual. During puberty some people grow a lot in a very short amount of time. I remember kids coming back from summer vacation about a foot taller!

Vantineutrasictical
I am a bit confused about the pubic hair on my face. I don't want facial hair, but it won't grow at all anyway. I have that little three or four hairs that just pop up there.

Facial hair and pubic hair are two completely different things. Pubic hair is hair that grows on or around your genitals, no where else. So you do not have pubic hair on your face, and you never will.

Facial hair is one of the last things to come in for a lot of guys. So if you're right in the middle of puberty now, it's not surprising you to have little to no facial hair.

Vantineutrasictical
But the real weird part is the pubic hair under my arms. It started to grow like a year ago... and it just... stopped. I don't mind that to much. Bu it just seems like it's not typically usual. I had pubic hair on my lower regions for about one year longer than under my arms.

You do not have pubic hair under your arms either, and you never will.

You probably will get more underarm hair eventually. That's one of the things that doesn't usually come in fully until later in puberty as well. It's normal to have some light hair or peach fuzz until then.

But people do vary in the amount of hair that they have. Some people do have lighter or thinner hair. And that's ok too.

Basically all you can really do is wait and see what things look like when you are done developing. But so far you sound completely normal. But you can always double check with a doctor if you want as well. 3nodding  

LorienLlewellyn

Quotable Informer

IceTrey47

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:37 pm
Vantineutrasictical

Yeah, don't worry. I hit puberty way late. All the hair on your body grows at different rates. For me I got pubic hair real early, then some underarm hair, then all the hair grew some more and my facial hair started growing faster. The rates were all over the place but after a year or two it all evened out. My best advice is to shave your facial hair even if it's patchy cause it looks crappy if you let it just grow in patches (I know from experience). Eventually it'll grow all over and you can do whatever you want with it. It's all good, don't worry.  
Puberty Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games