Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Tools for Change Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:31 pm
Hex Devoncroix
Right now my studies concern Dragons, I'm not quite sure why but I keep having dreams about them, and so I've gathered as much material as possible, over twenty books from various libraries and of course I've bookmarked several websites on the net. Maybe I can decipher my dreams through study.

Who knows, I might actually meet a dragon along the way, though the chances are slim to none, its a possibily for all things are possible.

On the more... Mundane side of things I've begun giving horseback riding lessons. Sure I'm great at riding horses, and all sorts of Equestrian related things... But its because of my connection to the natural world that drives me to befriends animals and spend most of my time outdoors in remote areas.

I appreciate the post but I do have to delete it. I made it clear in the rules that you are only allowed to use the "say" posting style because I use the other styles to signify lessons and assignments from other posts. I am very sorry about this, and I will quote your statement so that it is not lost forever. Next time, please chose the "say" style. Thank you.

Very interesting. I have to say that I know little about dragons and personally do not believe that mythical creatures can live among us in this world, but in a separate world that you may reach through astral projection. That is my take on the matter, but I can neither prove nor disprove them, so I am very neutral on the subject. I have to say, aside from the interest, I do not see how this applies to the course. If you wish to take part in my class, please read through the rules, the lessons, and do the assignments. I do allow discussions on the lessons or assignments, but it must be relevant to the content of the class. If you wish to talk to people about your fantastic research about dragons, please post a new thread in the main forum - since we do not currently have a discussion on that topic at the moment. Thank you, and I do hope that you join the class.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:25 pm
I understand this thread has been quiet for some time, but would it still be possible to participate in the lessons? I really think this could help me realize my problems and change them.  

IileyahWithTheStars

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:30 am
sure thing. I haven't closed the school yet. The class is still opened, as long as students post.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:59 am
Okay, thanks. I guess I'll fill out the Join Questionnaire then. :]

Name: IileyahWithTheStars; my real name is Taylor.

1. Why do you want to join?:
I feel that this would be beneficial for me finding who I am and what path I am to follow, etc. I also think it would help me be open more.
2. What are the "Problem Areas" of your life?
Well, my relationship with my parents is lacking in communication and that's a big problem. I'm not good at expressing my feelings and thoughts so they just bubble up inside and then I explode. I have a bad temper when I get angry and it doesn't take much to set it off.
3. Which aspect of self do you feel you lack most? Why? (Body/Mind/Spirit)
I am not quite sure of the meaning of them, because I've never familiarized myself with them, but I feel as though I like more in mind or spirit. I'm not sure why..
4. What do you hope to get out of this class?
Understanding. Of myself, my peers, my family.
5. Any concerns/questions you have for me?
Not that I can think of.  

IileyahWithTheStars

IileyahWithTheStars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:43 am
Assignment 1 - Goal List

1. Talk with my parents about who I am, what I believe, how I feel about things, etc. so we can learn to be more open.
2. Discover what I believe and who I am on the inside.
3. Focus on religious studies to help with goals 1 and 2.
4. Stop procrastinating on studies and just do them already.
5. Get my GED with a decent GPA and go to college.
6. Get a decent job to help support my family.
7. Figure out what friends are good for me and what friends are bad, take action accordingly.
8. Audition for a role in an upcoming school theatre production.

I'll update my list as I go, if I ever think new goals.

EDIT: I went back and make my goals specific, since I did not the first time I posted.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:58 pm
Assignment 2 - Goal Seeking Questions

1. Sit my parents down one night and try to get them to understand me and what it is for me to be a pagan. Try to get them to understand how I feel when they fuss at me, or tell me something is "evil" or "wrong". Try to reach this by the end of January. (It's a daunting task, and I don't want to completely rush myself)

2. Study different paths and religions, beliefs, etc. and see what I agree with and disagree with. Try to focus and grasp who I feel I am and the path I'm meant to follow.

3. Focus on studies about different paths, etc. so that I can discover who I am and then talk to my parents about it.

4. Stop procrastinating on studies and really try to get them done to speed up the process of everything else.

5. Complete high school and receive my GED with at least a 3.5 GPA in my scheduled year of 2014. Find a good college to go to and attend it until I can go for whatever job I plan to do after college.

6. Apply for jobs at wherever they will allow me to work so I can get money to help support myself and my family. Fill out applications for whatever jobs I can by March.

7. Think of all my friends and figure out who are good friends and who are bad friends; or who are good people and who are bad people. If they are not good people, talk to them about it and if nothing happens, avoid them so they do not bring me down. Do so by the end of the school year.

8. Audition for a role, no matter how big or small, in our spring show for school. Just try to audition and don't be scared to get out there.

Additional Questions

1. I think they have helped because I've established exactly what I want to do and by what time.

2. I will try my best to use these for future goals so that I can really figure out what I want to do and actually get it done.

3. I absolutely feel comfortable with it, it helps me establish what I need to do in order to feel as successful as I wish to.  

IileyahWithTheStars

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:09 pm
You joined this class with hopes to discover more about yourself. This class is designed for achieving change in your life. It has a flexible nature and can do what ever you want/let it do. Just apply this class to your desired changes and magic will happen. I am sure you won't be disappointing.

You goal list is quite extensive and very direct. I like where you are already. And after reading through your Assignment 1:2, I was impressed. You are the second person to apply that assignment to all of your goals instead of one. I believe you completely understand how to set goals now and have mastered it. I was not surprised at all to read that you feel absolutely comfortable with it. With practice/repartition comes perfects, and you defiantly had that. Keep up the good work. I can not wait to see what amazing things happen in your life.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:38 pm
Assignment 1 - Goal List

1.To finish college
2. To find my true love
3. To lose weight
4. To become a Pharmacist
5. To become a better friend

FateTempter

6,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:27 pm
Nice goals. Glad to see that you want to be a better friend. What a romantic attitude. The next lesson will get you that much closer to completing these goals you wish to achieve.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:59 am
zabazor
You joined this class with hopes to discover more about yourself. This class is designed for achieving change in your life. It has a flexible nature and can do what ever you want/let it do. Just apply this class to your desired changes and magic will happen. I am sure you won't be disappointing.

You goal list is quite extensive and very direct. I like where you are already. And after reading through your Assignment 1:2, I was impressed. You are the second person to apply that assignment to all of your goals instead of one. I believe you completely understand how to set goals now and have mastered it. I was not surprised at all to read that you feel absolutely comfortable with it. With practice/repartition comes perfects, and you defiantly had that. Keep up the good work. I can not wait to see what amazing things happen in your life.

Thanks so much. :]  

IileyahWithTheStars

Abbie913

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:33 am
Assignment 4.1- I Will / I Can

So as it is pretty obvious I have not been on here in awhile but plenty of stuff has happened while I was gone.

One of my main problems is that I do not have a lot of friends and the ones I do have are just not very good ones. I decided that I need to change that and this was the perfect opportunity. Basically what I did was decide to take advantage of opportunities that may be a good way to make friends. The big thing was that I was invited to my college's Dumbledor's Army club and although I love Harry Potter normally I would not have accepted for fear of not being good enough but I decided that I should just SAY YES and do it, see how it goes. So that is exactly what I did. I joined the club and found that I really loved it, I made a ton of new friends and love the chance to be involved in an extracurricular activity like this. Also along the lines of this I made sure to say yes to any opportunity that came along to help the club, like promoting and advertising and I enjoyed every minute of it.

In the end I would definitely continue this technique because to say yes really opens up door to places you never would have thought you would go. It really caused me to make some really great friends and I tend to say yes more often now just to see what kinds of doors it might open. I know my limits and would never do something immoral or dangerous (like something that could kill me) but it really opened my eye to the things that I might miss if I don't give it a chance.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:01 am
Assignment 4.2- Positivity List

I am going to do yesterday since it is about 4:01am right now lol

List
1. I went to school.
(I would say this is positive because learning is always something that enhances your life not detracts from it)

2. In my first class we did an in class activity where we had to test babies and toddlers in different ways so that we could guess how old they were but I was completely determined to NOT be the tester.
(I would have to say this is negative because I ended up talking negative about that part of the situation and I prevented myself from have an experience that I probably could have learned from)

3. In that same class (my first class) I work well with a large part of my group to help each other guess the ages of the children.
(I would have to say that is positive and negative. It is positive for the fact that I was working well with PART of my group working out the ages but the negative part was that I was not working the other half of our group because they were rude. Although we could have tried to hash it out and worked together because the more ideas the more accurate we could have been on our guesses)

4. In my second class we had a class discussion but I didn't really participate.
(This is probably negative because we could have had a great discussion if more people said things but truthfully I just didn't have anything to add)

5. In my third class I had a presentation, I was super nervous but I didn't let that get in the way and I got up there and rocked (did the best I possibly could) that presentation.
(I would say this is positive because although I was nervous I did it to the best of my ability and didn't quit. Also I was asked questions at the end about the person I did a presentation on and I was fully capable of answering the questions no problem so I was really proud of that)

6. I skipped my last class of the day but for a good reason. I went to the library to work on an important paper so it was not a waste.
(I would say this is positive because although I skipped my class it was not a lecture with new information but a review session and I really need to start working on my paper for another class)

7. I went to the last meeting of the Dumbledor's Army club at my school although it was sad it was also fun because we played trivia and talked and joked.
(I would definitely say this was positive, though bitter sweet it was fun and nice to see my Harry Potter "peeps" one last time before the semester was over)  

Abbie913

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Bed Bug X3

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:38 pm
Assignment 1 - Goal List

1. When I go to college, be very outgoing and friendly.
2. I want to exercise more and eat healthier. Preferably, more fruit.
3. I want to stop fighting with my boyfriend.
4. I want to become more productive and organized with my schoolwork.
5. I want to become a scientist.

Assignment 2 – Goal Seeking Questions
(Regarding my goal to be more outgoing and friendly in college)
1. I want to meet new people. During orientation, I will leave my door open and say hello to the other students. I'll join clubs and sports and speak up in class. By the end of my first semester, I want everyone to know me. In a good way.
2. As of right now, I’m a bit of a recluse. If I’m able to talk to people anywhere I go, and be out late during weekends and have friends to go to town with, I think that is a measurable way of seeing how my progress is going.
3. I'll be going to school September 1st. Therefore, I would have about four and a half months to reach my goal.
4. If I make friends, I can be happy and fun and have things to do. I'll be able to be more confident as well.
5. The end of my first semester, which is around mid-December.
Additional Questions
6. Not really. I already knew exactly what I wanted. Though, it was probably good to have them written down now.
7. I might use them. At least mentally. It is a concise way to see exactly what I want from my goal.
8. Not really. I feel like a goal is just something to eventually mark off of a “To-Do List”. It's more abstract. I want to end world hunger. It doesn't really mean anything. Not really.  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games