Reply [IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]
[FIN] For my part, it was Greek to me (Nyota & Pur) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:49 am
If you don't do anything to insult them then they won't treat you badly." Nyota quickly retorted. Mentally kicking herself for letting Pur come along, she was too much like mother and would likely get herself in trouble for spouting her mouth of. But at the same time she was glad that Pur had agreed to come her. Perhaps seeing the groundlings up close would allow her to see that they were not worthless beings.

As far as Nyota was concerned the groundlings were her equals in ever way. This was why she spent so much time here. Plus here she was away from the prying eyes of the other nobles who clearly showed a dislike for Nyota's care free ways. "And yes it will make me feel better if you leave than rather telling them so. I expect you to hold that promise."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:05 pm
"They'd better not treat me badly anyway," Pur muttered rebelliously. Knowing Nyota would have heard her, she smiled toothily, if unconvincingly, and added, "I'll be as civil as they are."

That basically put the onus on the groundlings for good behavior. Pur, of course, was more than capable of being a darling, angelic little creature, but only when it suited her and things went her way. When things didn't go her way, she became somewhat less darling, and depending on the duration of her poor treatment she could become downright temperamental and pitch tantrums.

"I'll keep my word, though I'd really rather be pleasantly surprised by them. I've never known any of them personally." Maybe it was only when they're in large groups that they were so undesirable, and on an individual basis they wouldn't be so bad.

"How much farther is it?"

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm
Nyota ignored her sisters comments as she continued forward. Pur could think what she wanted about the groundlings and other non noble classes within the pride. To Nyota they were all just potential play mates or distractions from boring noble life. Winding her way through the trees of the forest she glanced back at Pur as they came into a large clearing. "We're here." A smile crossed her maw.

Coming to a stop once inside the clearing Nyota let out a content sigh. Ah the groundlings were always a source of fun, adventure and knowledge. If only the others could see that. "Come on let's have a look around." She said to her sister and then took off at a trot. Nyota knew this area pretty well, but Pur needed to have a tour of the place. "Hi!" She said to a large lion as she trotted by him. The lion merely said hello back and then went back to what he was doing. This was how it worked out here for Nyota, they knew not to bow to her as she hated that.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:41 am
Pur was grateful that her sister and not continued to badger her about how she would interact with the groundlings. Goodness! She didn't know yet. It would depend entirely on the impression they made. And since she had no intention of hanging around to be insulted or anything like that, her promise to leave rather than say anything unkind would be an easy one to keep. She had low hopes that she wouldn't feel the need to walk out on her sibling and the groundlings she seemed to adore so much.

"This is...different," Pur said, reaching for an adjective which wouldn't be actually uncomplimentary. She preferred the style in which she and her family lived.

As she followed Nyota, trotting along behind her, Pur watched everything. She wasn't sure whether she should be concerned for her safety. Probably not, since Nyota seemed to come here with impunity all the time, but it wasn't impossible that they might find two of Kivuli's children too much of a temptation. She found it hard to trust lions who lived in such a wild, uncivilized manner by choice. They were like rogues almost.

She tried not to flinch when the lion didn't bow to Nyota or herself, and reminded herself that things were different here, and Nyota's greeting had been informal. An informal greeting did dictate a less formal response. At least, that was her rationalization. When they were more or less out of earshot, she said to her sister, "I can't believe you just let them not bow to you. You are so weird."

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:01 pm
Nyota half laughed at her sisters reaction. "I didn't let them not bow to me. They know I hate that kind of thing." She said looking back at her sister, before coming to a stop. Turning her body around so she was fully facing Pur she gave her a stern look. "When I am down here I am one of them as far as I'm concerned. I'm no longer a Noble and am merely a purple colored groundling." That was the way things were and she hoped they would stay like that.

"It's a whole different world here Pur. You have to either adjust to it or leave it be." Nyota smiled as she glanced at her surroundings. Okay, so the forest wasn't for every lion in the pride, but here Nyota could be whoever she wanted to be. Most importantly she was free. "And I am not weird." Nyota reached out and pawed at her sister's shoulder playfully. "You are the weird one." Letting out a laugh as she spoke.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:56 pm
"So you told them not to bow to you? Mother would be so mad if she knew that. There's no way they'll ever respect you if they treat you like just anyone, you know." Pur spoke in an undertone, aware that her words weren't exactly complimentary, though they weren't insulting either.

"I mean, I know you think they're fun now, but what about when you're older. You can't stay a purple colored groundling forever. You won't always want to play with them, and they won't know any better. It's not fair to confuse them like that." That the situation might also be unusual for the groundlings had only just occurred to Pur, and she wondered if it had also occurred to Nyota. "Do they at least act respectful when there are other ranked lions around?"

Pur shook her head. It was too much to consider here and now. There were too many other things she wanted to see and investigate while she was here to waste time trying to figure out the eventual political ramifications of Nyota's preference for playing at being a groundling. That would be Nyota's problem anyway, unless she did something to shame the family later on, like fall in love with a groundling. Gods, that would be humiliating.

"How am I weird?" Pur asked with feigned indignity. "I'm not the one who gets brought home by the guards all the time."

Her eyes grew wide as a new thought occurred to her. She didn't give it any credence, but it would be fun to tease her sister for once. "I bet you only come down here because you know the guards are going to drag you back eventually. I bet you like one of the guards! Which one is it?"

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:34 am
"Yes I told them not to bow. It got annoying to see them bow everything I came across them." She told her sister. It was annoying, bowing was all fine and good every now and then but not all the time. "Of course they act respectful when other ranked lions are around, don't be stupid Pur. I asked them to treat me equally not all the others."

Nyota was getting a bit annoyed. Pur had wanted to tag along to see what was so special about the groundlings and it seemed that all she was doing was complaining about them. Not that Nyota really expected any different from her sister, she was too much like Maua. "I thought you were going to see what it was like down here, not complain about everything." Nyota half snapped at her sister.

Nyota ignored her sister's question on why she was weird. No matter what answer she gave Pur on that one it would be argued over and Nyota had come down here to have fun, not fight with her sibling. Eyes narrowed as Pur insinuated that Nyota liked one of the guards. "I do not like one the guards! I do these things to get mother mad. Not everyone can be a perfect little Noble like you Pur." Turning she began to walk away, anger creeping up on her.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:06 am
Pur didn't think Nyota quite grasped her meaning. She was relatively sure that the groundlings would be respectful toward her if she wasn't with her sister, though the fact that they had shown her no particular respect while she was with Nyota did make her wonder. That wasn't what concerned her. She was more concerned that the groundlings would continue to treat Pur as if she was 'just a purple lion' even after she was too old for such a ridiculous game. She didn't bother correcting her sister, however. She was beginning to get the feeling that she and Nyota would never come to an understanding on any subject.

The fur at the base of her tail fluffed very slightly as she, too began to get irritated. Perhaps if Nyota didn't treat her like an enemy and automatically assume that she was going to disapprove of everything, she would have shrugged off her sister's remark about complaining, but thinking back over their conversation, stilted as it had been, she couldn't recall any complaints she'd made. It didn't help at all that Nyota hadn't responded to being teased the way Pur had expected her to. For someone who claimed to like playing, she certainly couldn't take a joke very well.

"I haven't complained once about anything. I've just questioned. You're the one who's been unpleasant and suspicious the whole time. So, you know what? I'm going home. I wouldn't put up with this sort of treatment from a groundling and I don't see why I should put up with it from someone who wants to be one, either."

She turned abruptly and stalked back the direction they had come from, at this point indifferent to whether she was caught by a guard or not. She had made her attempt, and it had not been the groundlings who had spoiled it but her sister. Probably Nyota had done it deliberately so that she could be the only one the groundlings loved. Fine. Pur didn't need or want their love.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

She-Ra of Etheria

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:59 am
Pur's words made Nyota's anger raise just a little bit more. Fine, she would have fun without Pur. Stalking off deeper into the groundlings forest Nyota was nearly fuming mad before she came to a stop. Her mind thought back to what she had said to her sister during their outing. Perhaps Pur was right, maybe she had been a bit unwelcoming of her sisters presence. She had wanted her sister to see the groundlings not as an inferior class, but as something more, she wanted Pur to see them as what she saw them to be. Friends.

Well now it was too late, she had messed things up. Turning around she looked to see if here sister was still around. No, she was was likely back at the den telling Maua all about what happened today. Nyota suddenly felt oddly alone, even though she was surrounded by the groundlings she was alone and a bit sad. Sighing she began to wander off again, though she wouldn't head home right away.

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff