Default or Custom?
  Jack
  RAINBOW MAN 64345765
View Results

CherubiMaster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:17 pm
Mother/Earthbound, Chrono Trigger: Default

Pokemon Red: Ash, Gary, No pokemon nicknames

Gold: Gold, Birdomon(Don't ask, don't), respell names without capitilization other than first letter.

Sapphire: Named after a friend because he was there and his name was on the default list or maybe he made me I can't remember, Used all 10 spaces when naming my pokemon... I had several boxes full of pokemon... I had no life.

Leaf Green: Used default name, Gary, Actually created nicknames(ex. Pikachu would be Pika.)

Diamond: Lucas(hero), Dawn, Tyson(rival), named pokemon with real world names often referring to hurricane names.

Platinum: Lucas, Dawn, Tyson, Named pokemon after Mother/Earthbound Characters

Mystery Dungeon: My name, rest of team had actual nicknames, in 2 I used the pokemons name backwards(ex. Gengar was Ragneg)

Ranger: My name, in 2 I named my character Poo, but I was playing Earthbound at the time so you can't really blame me.

Legend of Zelda: Link or Zelda, depending on if the name is actually used in the game.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:03 pm
Dino Pakkun
Depends on the game. If it's Zelda, he's ********' Link. UNDOUBTEDLY. WITHOUT QUESTION.

I don't play RPG's much, but with Chrono Trigger I use the defaults as well.

But for Animal Crossing or Pokemon... uh... David? Or AK... I used to always make my Pokemon character "Dave B." every game...

That's kinda strange because Dave B is my name.... but i usually use dave or david, or a nickname i like to use is Cremdan.  

cravedave94

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Tanzama -CCV-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:53 pm
In the Zelda games, I always name Link "My boy" xDDD
And for pokemon, my name (unless it's Red or Blue version, then I name the guy "b***h" and the rival "MyBitch" teehee)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:47 pm
Wantcookie
If a character has a default name, I leave it.
If it's a recurring default name that is the same in every game of the series (Read: Link) then I substitute it for Cookie or Chris, sometimes I Say because every character either sounds like Foghorn Leghorn or British.
If it's a pokemon, then it gets an intensely well-thought-out actual name that is also a terrible pun. For instance, my Swampert is named Wade.
Otherwise, I resort to Cookie.
eek That's the greatest thing since naming Epona "My a**" in TP. I'm currently naming all of my horses Slothy.

In Harvest Moon, I used to name my farm The Better, so when I won a festival, the mayor would say, "And the winner is The Better Farm!" or whatever. In my new game I called it, Bowie Ranch (for obvious reasons). In some harvest moon games though, it's pretty weird because if I plug in my own name, there's a character that has the same name.

So generally, I change it to my name (or some variant) if it's a girl character, and if it's a guy, I leave it, or make it into something humourus, or after a character in a book I'm reading or something.

edit: And in mine and Tris' town in Animal Crossing, it was either called Hyrule or Fishland.  

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100

Super Shadow777

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:17 pm
Legend Of Zelda: Alex

Pokemon Trainer: Kat

Pokemon: name based off of description or name

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Alex, Jake, and/or Kaila, usually Kaila for main char. and Alex/Jake for partner

any other random ones: Serena, Kate, Kat, Kira, etc.

And those are my names. ^o^  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:23 pm
Dino Pakkun
Depends on the game. If it's Zelda, he's ********' Link. UNDOUBTEDLY. WITHOUT QUESTION.

I don't play RPG's much, but with Chrono Trigger I use the defaults as well.

But for Animal Crossing or Pokemon... uh... David? Or AK... I used to always make my Pokemon character "Dave B." every game...

Same mostly defaults except pokemon where it always is Jay and I dont name my pokemon.  

Mr Ronin Arp

Zephiur

Friendly Guildsman

7,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:20 pm
Radio Jazzy
Lord Malaroth
Here's my Names:

Pokemon Character: Beavis (from Beavis and Butthead)
Pokemon Nicknames: I just leave it be.
Legend of Zelda: Qeynark. Don't ask why, I just think it's a cool name.
Final Fantasy I: My World of Warcraft Characters (class-specific, of course)
- Nediam (not really my character, my dad's) - Warrior
- Zanaro (my bro's) - Thief
- Aeyrus - White Mage

- Laerik - Black Mage
Usually I'll just use names I randomly make up on the spot, but I'll use my Warcraft character names if I can't. See, I'm a (semi) author, so I'm good at creating random crap on the spot blaugh

More than four spaces for letters? Which version do you play?

The one I was referring to was the GBA version. Dawn of Souls (aka Final Fantasy I & II)

Pronunciation Key:
Qeynark = "KAY-nark"
Nediam = "KNEE-dee-um"
Zanaro = "zuh-NAR-oh"
Aeyrus = either "AY-russ" or "EYE-russ" whatever your preferr
Laerik = either "LAIR-ick" or "LIE-rick", but I use the first pronunciation. Sometimes I'll also pronounce it like the word 'lyric'  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:33 am
Owwin
Owwin usually. Monster Hunter it is always Dimitri. Pokemon my starter (always water) always has a 3 letter name. Squirtle was Tad, Totodile was Ray, Piplup was Ebb. The next will be Flo

Otherwise I usually just make crap up.

so i herd u skipp'd mudkips???

EDIT: Also, I always go with default names. If there are no default names, then I have a long list of names suitable for different characters.  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:08 am
I just keep the default name if there is one. If not, I name him after myself, Matthew.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:03 am
User Image
lol

I lent my mom FF8 and told her she had to play it.

I go over to her boyfriend's house and she's named Squall Edward and Quistis Rosalie.

I ask her what she's going to name the girl in the opening video, though I already know the answer is going to be..

"Bella."

WHAT HAVE I DONE

User Image

Cabron the Swan

Chloe Agnew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:16 pm
For games like Zelda, that let you "pick the name" even though the character has a historically epic, and solid name, I don't change it but for other things I always change the name to something more fun!

For Girls:
Rikku, Ka'iulani, Kai, Kaia, Presea, Terra

For Boys:
Baralai, Nikolai, Skye, Toby, Sora

and for Pokemon lol

I always have a Gardevoir named Princess sweatdrop

but other than that I name them basic things, like I had a luxray named shocker, an infernape named Ignus, a Pidgeot named Falchiott,  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:49 pm
Lady Psycho Sexy
User Image
lol

I lent my mom FF8 and told her she had to play it.

I go over to her boyfriend's house and she's named Squall Edward and Quistis Rosalie.

I ask her what she's going to name the girl in the opening video, though I already know the answer is going to be..

"Bella."

WHAT HAVE I DONE

User Image

OH ********
EVERYONE PANIC
My mom is into the whole Twilight scene too, and it's really funny. She doesn't have the patience for the books, though, and admits that the writing is atrocious. xd  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Pichux

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:30 pm
I name my Pokemon dude: Rice, or some type of asian food...
Sometimes Noodles o.o

and on Animal Crossing, my guy is named; Noob sweatdrop .  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:38 pm
Interesting Question 0-o
_

Sometimes when im playing zelda i leave it as Link, but sometimes i name him something like Bobo, Slimjim, or Zemu. DONT ASK ME WHY! IM JUST AWESOME THAT WAY! lol. in pokemon, i always name my guy Ikaru, my favorite weebo name. =) biggrin User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Monster_Mario

'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces