Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
Protection for Apartments

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

leowitch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:07 pm
I am looking for help with protecting my new apartment. Any help you can give with stones would help me a lot thanks.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:01 pm
about 10 locks for your door and a gun should do it 3nodding
Oh and try a "cleansing ritual", perhaps make a charm or two and if any neighbours bother you be all "I know the voodoo of Jamaica!" shake your head and grab a doll with pins sticking into it.  

Madame_Cyanide

KatsumiBatei

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:11 pm
Madame_Cyanide
Oh and try a "cleansing ritual", perhaps make a charm or two and if any neighbours bother you be all "I know the voodoo of Jamaica!" shake your head and grab a doll with pins sticking into it.

xd this sound very affective  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:20 pm
KageKitsuneB
Madame_Cyanide

xd this sound very affective

ooh I like your avi blaugh
an blaugh d yeah it should work
my point being that as many stones and charms you may have
nothing is as effective as common sense (such as keeping doors locked etc.)
though the magick will give you a protection boost.  

Madame_Cyanide

leowitch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:38 pm
thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:15 am
Stone magick...now I'm your guy for that, and protection, my strong suit. I just love how protection spells can easy away worry, which is my biggest fault. Anyway... stones that help would be jet, onyx, opal, rose quartz, and many more.

Jet: Jet is a stone worn by high priestesses along with amber. It is a very powerful protective stone. Jet is made by the fossilization of wood. Jet has a unique ability to draw negativity towards itself, and trap it. Illness, ill thoughts, and poor intentions can all be drawn to jet. This protects you for some time, but there is a warning about this stone. The user would like to cleanse it daily or at least after every use, because it absorbs so well it can eventually spill onto the host. Jet also is said to become a second arm. Jet, being a sticky stone, is able to absorb part of your aura as well, not harming you, but connecting with you. It is said never to wear a jet from another and especially a soul that has moved on. This can lead to hauntings and collecting their personal problems. If you are to use anther's jet, please cleanse it very well to hopefully prevent this factor.

Onyx: Onyx is a stone of protection as well. It is a strong grounding stone, capable of sending negative energies into the ground before they reach the victim. Onyx also will help you visualize a strong steady shield when shielding your home against harm. Cleanse this stone as you would any other, there is no warning about this stone.

Opal: Opal is a reflective stone. It is one of my favorites, and I am currently wearing one 24/7. Opal is often referred to as the "karmic Stone." This stone has special qualities allowing it to reflect negativity away from you and back to the user. This creates a natural shield around you, and I have to say I believe it is the most protective stone out there. You do have to cleanse it however, or the effects will be weakened, and dedicating (programing) it to reflect negativity can never hurt. This stone may however reflect your own negativity back at you, so be warned.

Rose Quartz: Rose Quartz is a stone of unconditional love. Yes this is not directly protection, but there is a link. Rose Quartz can protect against a broken heart, something everyone gets once in their life. It can ward off depression (not clinical) and sooth the heart. It reminds us that we are always loved. It also can be dedicated into attracting love, which is great, but we are on the topic of protection, not attraction.

I hope that helps. And remember, there are many other stones out there that can help you with protection. Even the common Sandstone is useful because the element earth is protective. Good luck.  

zabazor
Vice Captain

II Stelmaria II

Naughty Explorer

8,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:37 pm
I have one more stone to add to the mix, amathyst does wonders for warding poltergeist and any other unwanted ghost or spirit.

Lighting the watch towers works well.

However this is a personal cleansing ritual of mine that's very effective. Fill a swinging burner with loose sage and walk around the room counter clockwise. As you go call the elements earth, air, water and fire. Water is always north, fire is always south, earth is the west, air is the east.

This is the Italian version a friend taught me.

Chiamo gli elementi di acqua, la terra, il fuoco ed aera.
Alzo la mia voce per accendere le torri di orologio.

Potere le acque del nord portano il potere del mare e la chiarezza.
Potere le montagne della torre occidentale e servire da un muro di sicurezza e consentire questo luogo essere uno di santuario. Potere i fuochi della bruciatura di terra calda e leggera la luce la più pura bianca di cielo di parare tutto che potrebbe nuocere me.
Potere i venti dell'est portano i guardiani di cielo e la protezione che cerco.

Lasciare queste torri illuminano questo santuario in modo che potrei trovare il rifugio in un luogo di pace pura e la tranquillità.

Here is the English translation for those that can't speak Italian to well.

I call the elements of water, earth, fire, and air.
I raise my voice to light the watch towers.
May the waters of the north bring the power of the sea and clarity.
May the mountains of the west tower and serve as a wall of safety and allow this place to be one of sanctuary.
May the fires of the earth burn hot and light the purest white light of heaven to ward all that may harm me.
May the winds of the east carry the guardians of heaven and the protection I seek.
Let these towers illuminate this sanctuary so that I may find refuge in a place of pure peace and serenity.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:25 pm
I have to agree with Madame_Cyanide here a gun is probably the best protection, if you know how to use it, if you don't this isn't the safest bet. You have to know how to use the safety, basic maintenance, and you have to be comfortable enough to use the gun. By comfortable enough I mean it should be second nature, in a situation where you would need a gun adrenaline while helping can also be a hindrance when loading, taking off the safety, etc.

If you don't know this stuff don't bother your more likely to botch it and end up either wasting time you could use to get away, or hurt yourself.

(Sorry for the tangent xp but I'm very much pro-guns, I've known how to handle one since I was strong enough to pick one up.)  

Freyis

5,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Sakakikala

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:41 pm
I don't recommend a gun! in most cases, they tend to get used AGAINST the person whom owns it!
I suggest a baseball bat(less likely to kill anyone anyway, you don't want a death on your hands, even if it is an accident) to keep near your bed(under your pillow if you must... and get some big pillows)
and practice swinging it around in your room, so you get a feel for it. Practice laying in your bed and getting all ninja-like with it. Also, you may want to take some karate classes... smile

Karate teaches a lot of zen stuff(so i hear) also, so it could be good for meditating. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:23 pm
I keep a bat between my bed and the wall; I call my bat the anti-creep stick, mrgreen
Other then defence, having a small ever green branch above your door or hung in the house pertects from illnesses, wich comes in handy arownd cold season.  

Spade-Superstition

xXVengefulKittenXx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:50 pm
i suggest a cleansing ritual would work best with a smugging stick.. but some appartments dont allow incense or smokeing so look into that first... sage works best but i find when fresh sage is burning it smells like weed so be mindfull of that dont want you neighbors calling the cops on you for drug charges lmao xp sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:20 am
If it is for physical people then yes locks and a gun, or a good knife.
If it is for evil or for negative energy, then try some stones you have charged with protective energy, like quartz which is a good all around stone. Also, some stones are better suited specifically to protection, try this site http://www.wiccasources.netfirms.com/magickal_properties_of_gemstones.htm
Also, if you cleanse your apartment of any negative influences that it might currently have that could help. You can do that with a besom, a smudge stick, salt and holy water, maybe a call to your angels. Any of these will work. Also, herbs can be very protective and there are a lot of things that you can do, such as taking a stone wrapped in protective herbs and placing it outside, inconspicuosly around your apartment, doing the same with stones and crystals, or placing salt in front of the openings to your apartment(all doors and windows) but make sure you do this AFTER you cleanse it, otherwise you might just trap any negative energy inside. You can also call your angels to help protect your house and fight off any evil that comes in, and to figure out how to do so, this site should explain very well. http://www.angelfocus.com/guardianangels.htm
I hope this helped! Blessed be!  

Ritual at Dusk

Ritual at Dusk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:21 am
xXVengefulKittenXx
i suggest a cleansing ritual would work best with a smugging stick.. but some appartments dont allow incense or smokeing so look into that first... sage works best but i find when fresh sage is burning it smells like weed so be mindfull of that dont want you neighbors calling the cops on you for drug charges lmao xp sweatdrop

cedar or juniper are also commonly used in smudging, and they don't smell like weed, so that is a quick fix  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:50 am
You can hang a bundle of protective herbs such as basil above each door and/or window in your apartment. You can also draw a pentacle (a protective symbol) with a protective essential oil such as rosemary oil. You can hang a horseshoe (ends up to keep the magick in) over a doorway. Hanging a pomegranate tree branch over the door also gives you protection.

Doing a purification ritual upon moving in (as others have said) is a must. It gets out all the negative and built up energy from past tenants.  

ThisisEmery

Shameless Regular

19,300 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items