Super Meat Boy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:41 pm
Hey guys, I just heard of this game while browsing through this.
I'm not sure how many have played the original Meat Boy, but I found it to be extremely fun and...
It's coming to WiiWare! (and PC)
More info here.
It also includes a cast of unlockable characters, like the original, from other "indie" games. Such as... Commander Video. ninja

Destructoid
Speaking of crossover genius, Super Meat Boy may have one of the most unlikely, most exciting casts of playable characters ever collected in one game. Alien Hominid from Alien Hominid, Tim from Braid, Gish from Gish, Bit.Trip's Commander Video, and God knows how many other indie icons, all under one roof. It's enough to make a dyed-in-the-wool indie fan cry.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:27 pm
I'm pretty pumped for this game. Nintendo really needs more promotion for WiiWare stuff like this and Bit.Trip.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:32 pm
More news! It's going to be released Quarter 1 and now
A trailer is up!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:41 pm
I think when you complete a level it shows a video of all of your attempts at the same time which is AWESOME.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:47 pm
I feel deceived.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:52 pm
Wantcookie
I feel deceived.
wat  

Meta_Fish
Captain

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:13 pm
I WAS EXCITED FOR THIS GAME FIRST  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:43 am
Know what might get me to actually care about WiiWare?
1)Ditch the retarded point system. I hate it on 360, I hate it just as much on Wii. Why can't I spend $x instead of buying x points and having y left over?
2)Steam-level sales. I just bought Grid, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, and Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 on steam. Why? Grid all were under $10, 2 of which were down from $40. Games I am iffy on I usually will not pay full price for, but knock'em down on sale and I will eat that s**t up.
That and WiiWare is subject to just as much shovelware as retail games, luckily they implemented demos, right? I <3 demos. A good demo will help convince me to buy something.

Evamortte

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:27 am
Evamortte
Know what might get me to actually care about WiiWare?
1)Ditch the retarded point system. I hate it on 360, I hate it just as much on Wii. Why can't I spend $x instead of buying x points and having y left over?
2)Steam-level sales. I just bought Grid, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, and Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 on steam. Why? Grid all were under $10, 2 of which were down from $40. Games I am iffy on I usually will not pay full price for, but knock'em down on sale and I will eat that s**t up.
That and WiiWare is subject to just as much shovelware as retail games, luckily they implemented demos, right? I <3 demos. A good demo will help convince me to buy something.
Maybe you should make a different thread to rant about WiiWare in? This one is for Super Meat Boy. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:19 am
I love meat boy and the special levels pack. Dr. Fetus for best villain of all time.  

Owwin

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:24 pm
There's also a Development Blog!
And a preview of their comic. The comic is already sold out though! D=
And another video! Featuring our beloved Commander Video!  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games