Reply {::The Official DeviantArt Guild::}
Suck at comics.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

the new kattheif

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:24 am
Ok, so I try to draw comics, but they never look they way I really want them to. I see them in my head much differently then they actually come out-if that makes any sense-lol.

For example: http://bluepheonixart.deviantart.com/art/Virtual-Madness-page-one-130479800

yes this is my art, I decided to post my comics[the ones I'm serious about] on a whole different account.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:47 pm
Hi, I might be able to help you out a bit.

I've helped a few people out when it comes to paneling and comic stuff, and they have seemed to have gotten some good scores from other people when I do assist.

I'll just tell you some general information. but first, when you say you picture them in your head differently, do you mean the over all style?
is there an example from another artist that can help me trying to see what your possibaly comparing to?

if you're interested in discussing some tips about comics I'll be glade to help out.
if there is anything you'd like to discuss after January please send me a message here. www.chronos-kun.deviantart.com
thanks, and have fun drawing stuff. cool  

chronos phantom

the new kattheif

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:25 am
Yes, I visualize them in a whole different way then what I have the ability to draw, although I am getting a little better.
Lets see the closest example I can find is this: http://tyshea.deviantart.com/art/SD-Page-1-78050949

I know I can't draw that good, but I would like to get closer to it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:48 am
ok. I see what you're saying. I can help you out. and so can some books at your book store. I picked up this book called "Art of Drawing Manga" about a year or two back..
It's a very helpful book.

now I'll pm you some stuff later on today that is just some general knoweledge on how to get better that I know of. just that one link you showed me below has allot of elements that can be easily done with allot of easy going practice.

look foward to it. pm ya later.

also, as long as you don't show it on the internet or anywhere else, tracing from anothers work is great practice. again, just don't post it or take that work seriously. archive it away from your originals or rip it up afterwards, etc.

this will help you develop the groove of drawing in a certian fashion.  

chronos phantom

{::The Official DeviantArt Guild::}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff