Reply Let's Work Together, Gaia
Tobacco related items removed?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxMrs_RanDomxX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:28 pm
As I have not been here for a while now because I'm on hiatus for quite a long while now, I've come back here to see what's happening to gaia.
My result: terrible. What in the world happened while I was gone?

Anyways, is anyone here shocked on why in the world that they would remove the tobacco related items [e.g cig, kiseru] from the shops? Why would they do that? I don't believe that it's to show that smoking isn't good and to "stop the influence" or whatever. I don't believe it's for the younger users, because I'm pretty sure that Gaia is just a step too far along the PG 13 line.

Do tell me. You can disagree with me if you want, or debate.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:02 am
This "smoking ban" is ridiculous, and it's raised quite a ruckus on the site. Site Feedback is literally overflowing with outraged Gaians. Maybe, just maybe, this is the straw that will break the camel's back on Gaia.

As usual, they pulled this stunt on Friday afternoon, hoping no doubt that the uproar would die down by the time they came back in on Monday. Maybe it will, and maybe it won't. It all depends if Gaians have had enough abuse yet.

As for why they would do this, I'm clueless. Whoever pushed through this idea needs to be fired yesterday. If it's all because, as some have said, some mother threatened to sue the site, they might as well just close the site down if they're not willing to fight for it. With logins already down at least 20% before this incident they're heading in that direction anyway.  

Keiko Dreams

Xayners

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:45 pm
Weekend is over and the SF is still going nuts over it. My avatar clearly shows my thoughts on this. neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:50 pm
I really could not care less about tobacco related items. I don't think it detracts or adds anything to the overall feel of the site.  

jaggedbubbles

Assimilated Borg

12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
Let's Work Together, Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items