Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RING

Back to Guilds

Place for contests, charities, discussion, and friends! 

Tags: contests, charities, discussion, friends, minishops 

Reply THE RING'S HOME PAGE
Folger's in your cup. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you like? eh? eh?
yes
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
no
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
maybe so
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
banksy
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 7

srestar
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:43 pm
Whizdom Tree
becuase most people can't process, without something to give purpose to their little lives. thats why theres religion, people don't want to live without something to tell them they have a reason to be here. the others just like to get through life and find out what they're purpose is. although i don't fall into either categorey, for i simply don't care. why is my own purpose greater then any other? what makes me the epidamey of the world? so why should i stick around to never find the right answer?

your purpose isn't greater than other's, but you still have purpose, a purpose that others don't fulfill. i am religious and i am not trying to find my purpose in life. i enjoy communicating with people and learning. i try to make the best out of my life without ruining the lives of others, but i don't have an idea of self importance  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:28 am
Whizdom Tree
or am i looking to hard? its not always the answer thats needed sometimes its the right question, becuase you can't get the right answer without the right question.

Well, seeing as you know that, then don't look too hard. Or if you think that you need to answers, keep looking.  

Ryeder

Whizdom Tree

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:49 pm
how would you know that you're not ruining someone else's life? can you be certain that they're better with you here? can we be certain of any outcome? i've found there is no certainty except for death. everything else is subject to change, life, tragedy, and even love. it all changes, maybe not today or in the next thousand years but it does change.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:49 am
So? Are you certain about what happens after you die? Who knows what happens? No one does. It's another uncertainty.  

Ryeder

srestar
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:14 am
Whizdom Tree
how would you know that you're not ruining someone else's life? can you be certain that they're better with you here? can we be certain of any outcome? i've found there is no certainty except for death. everything else is subject to change, life, tragedy, and even love. it all changes, maybe not today or in the next thousand years but it does change.

you are possibly ruining someone else's life. everyone has positive and negative impacts on those around them. the hope is that you dont have the intent to ruin someone else's life..

and death is uncertain.. and like ryeder says, what happens after death is uncertain.. also, what happens to those you leave living is uncertain. those who pass on have an impact on their family and their friends, and can sometimes touch the lives of people they dont even know

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:05 pm
the degree of how many, your impact effects is only as great as those willing to see it. if i'm not certain about whats after death then i can be certain it is of no importance in life. albert einsteins theory of atom splitting was intentionally good, but in the end it was more harmful then its intention to be good.  

Whizdom Tree

Ryeder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:31 pm
Damnitt chika! Ok, here's something that might get through your damned head. You're talking about either offing yourself because life isn't certain or something like that. Is that right? Well you said that there were negative things, blah blah blah. Here's some things to think about-

You die, then you die. You're nothing more than either ashes over the ground or food for the worms.

You live, then you live. You get the shot to be what you want and if people stop you then you just need to try harder to be what you want.

If you want to die, then go grab the damned pill box or gun or rope, or whatever. You do that then you're taking a cowards way out.

If you don't want to die then I'm taking this wrong and I apologize for getting bitchy on you, but look at how many pages have been me and sre trying to get through to you. You don't have to agree with us, but we're respecting your opinon and the same treatment would be nice.

So, without any other examples, just answer me this-

What are you going to do?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:17 am
Whizdom Tree
the degree of how many, your impact effects is only as great as those willing to see it. if i'm not certain about whats after death then i can be certain it is of no importance in life. albert einsteins theory of atom splitting was intentionally good, but in the end it was more harmful then its intention to be good.

einstein's intention was to scare other nations out of nuclear warfare, it wasn't his fault that the government took his knowledge and used it for the worse  

srestar
Vice Captain

Whizdom Tree

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:48 pm
sorry i've been away for awhile. been doing some buisness.

is it cowardly to do what others consider to be cowardly or is it just a diffrent solution to the problem of getting to death?
it may have not been einstiens fault that millions died, but he had to live with that on his conscience. even the leading scientist on the manhatten project killed himself.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:06 pm
Whizdom Tree
sorry i've been away for awhile. been doing some buisness.

is it cowardly to do what others consider to be cowardly or is it just a diffrent solution to the problem of getting to death?
it may have not been einstiens fault that millions died, but he had to live with that on his conscience. even the leading scientist on the manhatten project killed himself.

nice to see you again! smile

einstein was the wiser. although he had it on his concience, he still lived out the rest of his life

srestar
Vice Captain

Ryeder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:14 pm
Welcome back dude.

And, I have my reasons for thinking that it's cowardly. I've lost a couple people that way, and I've tried to do that a few times now. But ya see, just offing yourself is something that ya know...cowards do. In my mind, if you have the need kill yourself because of the world, then you're not brave enough to face the world and change it.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:18 pm
eek gee....how did it go from stencils to death? burning_eyes  

Midnight Vampire Dreamer
Crew

Ryeder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:38 pm
I really have no clue...I would love to know though....>_<  
THE RING'S HOME PAGE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash