Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
need some bible verses, help please?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:36 pm
ok, so i kinda walked away... and everything just started to fall apart, and i decided to take a couple of my friends to zone, my youth group. well, i started to find my way again, and they both accepted Jesus... they decided they wanted to keep going with me. Yesterday, one of my friends friends wanted to go to zone, so i took her too, low and behold, she's striving to find her way with christ as well too, and wants to continue going to zone. Last night at zone while praying, God sparked back up the calling he was giving me to start a bible study for my friends. I've decided that the first topic will be that God can use anyone for his kingdom, no one is worthless, and God loves them. I've found some good examples, Moses killing a man then leading the people out of egypt, jacob stealing his brother's birth right then being used to build the nation, saul killing christians then becoming paul and spreading the word... but i know there are more examples. I'm pretty sure there is one story where a prostitute protects someone, and i could really use that one (my friends friend is... promiscuous (sp?)) and i'm pretty sure it said Noah had a drinking problem, but when i looked for it today, i couldnt find it. if any body knows where those versus are, or some other good examples, could you please post them here for me to look up and see if they could help contribute to the lesson i plan to give. thank you ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:53 pm
Sounds like you ought to read the book of Genesis! biggrin

Also, the book of Joshua has got the story of the prostitute that you're wondering about--the first two chapters, actually.

Best of luck to you! Also: happy reading!  

Gambol

Shy Sex Symbol

ferret658

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:24 am
thrashmetaljunkie
Last night at zone while praying, God sparked back up the calling he was giving me to start a bible study for my friends. I've decided that the first topic will be that God can use anyone for his kingdom, no one is worthless, and God loves them.

For God using anyone in His plans, use Judges 4 (the story of Deborah - the only female Judge over Israel), the story of David and Goliath (1 Samuel 17) and the story of Gideon (Judges 6:11).

Isaiah 41:9
I took you from the ends of the earth, from it's farthest corners I have called you. I said, "You are my servant; I have chosen you and not rejected you.
This is a really good one to illustrate how much God wants us as individuals.

Matthew 18:12-14
"What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off? And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost.

Another great example. To really understand this, you have to put into context the value of sheep. Sheep are a shepherd's livelihood and they are of the greatest value to one of this profession. (For the no one is worthless part)

Quote:
jacob stealing his brother's birth right then being used to build the nation
Genisis 25:19 is where this story starts. ^^

Quote:
I'm pretty sure there is one story where a prostitute protects someone
Joshua 2:1 starts that story. Later on, her and her family are saved from the destruction of that town.

Quote:
and i'm pretty sure it said Noah had a drinking problem
Genesis 6:9 says that Noah was blameless among the people of his time. This being said, a drinking problem would not have let Noah been blameless...But two chapters over, it says he planted a vineyard after the flood and started making wine. He got hammered and passed out in his tent naked and his three sons covered him up so they woudn't have to see their fater's nakednes. (Genesis 9:21)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:22 pm
thanks guys, you just gave me pretty much all i needed... now to figure out exactly when, where, and the food and the cost >.< (this is where i wish i didnt get 2 disc herniations in my back so i could still work) XDDD thanks guys, really appreciate it. gonna start writing it up, and discuss it with my friend that's helping me lead it  

thrashmetaljunkie

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:48 am
Here are some other versus that might prove of use to you. Examples of stories of showing how God makes use of his creations is one thing, but the one thing that most Christians bottle their life down to is figuring out their true purpose in the life God has given them.

Proverbs 16:4 The Lord has made everything for its own purpose, Even the wicked for the day of evil.

1 Peter 2:8 and, A stone of stumbling and a rock of offense; for they stumble because they are disobedient to the word, and to this doom they were also appointed. 9: But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, that you may proclaim the Excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

Romans 11:29 (gifts and calling of god are irrevolcable)

Please do be careful on which version of the bible you read. The verses I provided are coming out of the most accurate version of you the bible you can get out there. The New American Standard Bible.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games