Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]
[FIN] How Can I Be the Best? (Mzu & Parisa)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:08 am
User Image
Parisa was excited, she had almost managed to catch a field mouse today, all by herself. It was thrilling to think of herself as a great huntress, she could just imagine dragging some giant beast of prey to her hungry pad someday. She wanted to be the best, not just a banu but a beybanu. A shining example...granted her only shining marks at the moment were those under her eyes.

She peered around the den hopefully having slipped away from her mother and siblings to try and find someone else. Someone special, her fathers beybanu...Mzu. If anyone could give her the best advice on being the best beybanu it had to be her fathers very own. "Mzu?" She called out softly hoping for a reply, what if she had left already on a hunt or some other duty?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:09 am
User Image
Mzuka was in the back of the den, having been confined there for a day or so now. Faiz, despite being told to rest by Aali, had disappeared off somewhere - she suspected to check on his other Banu, or perhaps to get a drink. Or maybe even both. Even so, she'd had a positively wonderful night last night, after the initial confrontation, and purred softly in her sleep just thinking about it. She was quite enjoying this, actually. Not having anything to worry about at all, just being able to sleep for the whole day and night, cuddling up to Faiz whenever he was there and curling herself up in a tight ball whenever he wasn't. She felt a little lazy - but she honestly didn't care. She deserved a break.

But then came a soft voice, calling her name. Giving a small grumble, she blinked her grassy eyes open, looking out with half-lidded eyes. She spotted something glowing, and instantly assumed it to be Farrah - she was growing somewhat fond of the smaller cub. But as her eyes focused, she realized there wasn't enough glowing. Blinking sleep from her eyes, her maw stretched open in a yawn before snapping shut again, as she looked carefully. The other brother was glowy - the smaller, brightly coloured one. Was there another glowing cub? She couldn't remember.

"Mmmm?" she mumbled sleepily, pushing herself up into a weary sitting position.

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:11 am
"Good morning!" Parisa's voice was cheerful now, she had found exactly who she wanted to. She slipped closer to sit infront of the still groggy female and smiled up at her. Granted now that she had finally found her Parisa wasn't quite sure what to say. She felt suddenly shy, after all she had never even met Mzu...which was odd but understandable...the lioness was bound to be busy. Still she felt suddenly strange having come to ask for advice, Mzu didn't feel like a mother more like a stranger upon who's sleep she had intruded on.

She stood uncertainly one paw moving back. "I can uhh come back later if your still tired?" Her voice was softer now turned wary.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:18 am
The voice was cheerful, and far too awake for such a time. The sun had risen a fair time ago, but being confined to the den Mzu hadn't really noticed, and even now she had didn't really care. She'd been planning to sleep the whole day - what else was there to do, since she wasn't allowed out? A good few days to catch up with her sleep was just what she needed, really. Suppressing another yawn with a paw, she looked down upon the darker cub with a slightly confused frown - another girl? How many cubs had Tuliua had again? ...Oh, right. Five. Two boys, three girls. She couldn't remember seeing this one around before, though. Eh, maybe she just wasn't that observant. And those glowing eye markings couldn't belong to any other than one of Tuliua's children.

"No, I'm awake now," she grumbled in a somewhat grumpy fashion, sighing a little as she watched the cub closely. She had to be good - she'd made a point to Faiz about how good she was trying to be. She couldn't spoil it all now. And that meant not scaring the cub off so she could get a little more beauty sleep. "What is it, uh...?"

She hoped the child would get the hint, and tell her it's name.

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:05 pm

When it became clear to her that Mzu didn't know her name she frowned slightly. "Parisa" She stated tilting her head slightly. "Isn't a good beybanu supposed to be like the best mommy?" She questioned curiously, it had always seemed like an important thing to at least know the names of her Pad's children. Well maybe the rumors of Mzu being an unconventional beybanu were right, but she had to be doing something right...she was after all her fathers favorite.

Perhaps being favorite got to ones head after a while, she made a mental note not to let her accomplishments destroy her humility. She edged a bit closer less worried now, Mzu didn't look very stern...she looked sleepy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:11 am
Parisa? ...Since when had there been a cub called Parisa? Shaking it off with a snort, Mzu suppressed yet another yawn with a paw. Best mommy? ...What was this, an interrogation? Pushing away the desire to snap at the child to run along and play with it's siblings, Mzu instead sought a sensible answer. She shrugged a little, blinking drearily. "I'm tired - my mind's still sleepy. And besides, the Beybanu doesn't have to be the best mommy. She just has to, like, be willing to help look after all the others."

She was blagging her way through this, and she knew it. But hey, the cub probably wouldn't.

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:02 am

"You do look tired..." Parisa moved closer now her apprehension fading as she snuggled up against Mzu. "Can I spend the day with you? I want to learn how to be the best Beybanu, and your Papa's beybanu...so that makes you the best." Well next to Aunt Aysel perhaps, but the Sultana was so very busy that Parisa knew she would have to beg and plead to be allowed to spend a whole day trailing after her.

"You can teach me? What it takes to be the best beybanu, right?" Parisa looked up at Mzu expectantly her blue eyes a perfect match to her fathers.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:09 am
She looked tired? ...That wasn't a compliment! That meant she looked, like...old! Old and worn out! Snorting, instantly trying to put on a more awake expression, mzuka forced a smile at the child, although it faltered a little at the question. A whole day? Ugh - she'd spent a whole day with Farrah, just yesterday! She wasn't sure she could handle another whole day.

"Uhm...spending today with me wouldn't prove too fruitful, Parisa. I'm currently confined to the den on your father's orders." she spoke, her cheeks flushing a little pink at the admission. At least it meant she cub would hopefully not pester her, though, "You may once I am reinstated in my duties, though? If you'd like, I can come and find you when such a time arrives?"

Her eyes...they looked so much like Faiz's. Mzu's smile softened. "I can teach you, Parisa. But like I said, today wouldn't be too helpful for you."

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:16 am

"Your confined to the den?" Parisa tilted her head her expression curious and confused, wasn't den confinement reserved for punishments? She looked at Mzu curiously wondering what she had done. Of course her mind instantly chastised her, Mzu was a beybanu perhaps Faiz had wanted her to rest...surely she hadn't earned any punishment. Her eyes widened and looked at Mzu's belly curiously, or maybe Mzu was expecting and needed the rest.

Her ears drooped back for a moment, she could hardly admit that she wanted to spend time with Mzu not just to learn but also because she felt deprived of her fourth mother.
"Maybe...Well...maybe I could just stay and keep you company? I'm...I'm a little tired too." She nodded and faked a yawn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:21 am
Ugh, now the cubs were going to think she was irresponsible! Which...well, she supposed she was. When she'd been talking to Arin, she hadn't seen anything wrong with it. But Faiz getting angry at her...pointing out what could have happened, should Arindam have been a less kind male...she could understand his anger. She'd have to think more about such actions.

She noticed the glance at her belly, and couldn't help the smug smirk. With any luck...and if not, it wasn't like she'd give up. Her litter was going to be superior to Tuliua's in every way. And besides, if it wasn't, it just meant her cubs had more talent pressed into one little body. And were therefore better anyway. This cub was persistant though, wasn't she? Mzu sighed a little, glancing out of the den behind Parisa. When would Faiz be back to rescue her? ...Not anytime soon, it seemed, and so she relented with a forced smile. "I suppose. I wouldn't want to keep you awake, though."

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:28 am

Parisa saw the way Mzu looked at the den entrance and felt her stomach drop, she really didn't seem to want her around. She wondered if it wouldn't be better to just leave the blue female alone. She looked up at Mzu wondering what she was thinking the before she could stop herself the words flew out of her mouth.

"We could take a nap together? Your still tired?" Parisa gave her a tentative nuzzle and looked at her hopefully. Why didn't Mzu love her the way her other mothers did?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:39 am
The nuzzle surprised her and Mzu tensed a little, looking down at Parisa with wide, wide eyes. She slowly relaxed, though, not wanting to panic the cub, a slight, genuine smile on her face. Did the cub really want her approval that much? That was determination...that was what a Beybanu needed. Smile spreading wider and becoming warmer, Mzu relaxed completely as she gave a nod, ruffling the top of Parisa's head with a paw. "Of course I'm still tired - I'm always tired. Where d'you like to sleep, hmm?"  

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:46 am

Parisa smiled as she felt Mzu's paw on her in the gentle ruffle, this was what her other mothers felt like...loving. She purred softly and nuzzled Mzu again happily before moving to curl up against her chest and rub under her chin with a smile. "This is my favorite spot! That way when you wake up I wake up, it's how I always know if anyone is coming or going."

She relaxed over one of Mzu's paws and smiled up at her. "When you have your cubs can I help take care of them? Please? I'll be the best sister ever ever!" She wondered if Mzu would leave her own cubs to the care of the other three banu as she had with them or if she would play a larger role in their lives.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:53 am
The cub's smile made Mzu smile a little wider, although she blinked once again in surprise at the purring and nuzzling, and she tensed again when Parisa moved to her chest, curling up there. That was...that was exactly how Mzu liked to curl up against Faiz. And just what she'd done with ehr father. Who knew, perhaps this cub would be a good Beybanu yet. "I used to do exactly the same - I still do," she spoke, relaxing as she did with a wide smile, lowering her head to rest it on the ground.

When she had her cubs? She planned to take care of her cubs extremely well herself, but she supposed a little help would be fine. She doubted Parisa would be much older than hers - it all depended. But either way, making the child upset now wouldn't do, so she continued smiling, "Of course. Now come on - I thought you were tired?"

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:08 pm

Parisa looked up at Mzu surprised before relaxing against her again, maybe she really did have four loving mothers. She slowly closed her eyes pleased as Mzu responded that she would be allowed to help with the cubs. She doubted she would be much older but it was nice to think she could play with them and take lessons with them.

"Sweet Dreams Mama." A real yawn escaped her this time, her mental checklist faded away as she snuggled close and drifted off.

[IC] Abandoned Forest [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games