Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:08 pm
I need someone or a few people to pray for my friend Philipp. His nickname is Lupis. He plans on killing himself in a few days. I know I don't do this often but could you guys pray for him and pray he doesn't go through with it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:45 pm
I'm on it.  

Act of Random Kindness

1,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Crimson Raccoon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:09 pm
I'm praying for him.

I also ask that you do something to intervene, whether it's telling his parents, or a sibling of his, or anyone who you can trust would help him. If Lupis is telling you or others that he is going to kill himself, the reason he is telling you is because he wants help. He wants someone to intervene somehow, or else he wouldn't be telling anyone. You're probably not in a position to stop him from doing it, so you really should bring this to the attention of someone who can. I know that can be difficult and unpleasant, but doing so could save your friend's life.

Even if he doesn't end up killing himself, the fact remains that he's hurting, and he needs and wants help.

Don't be afraid to talk to him about what his problems are and ask him any questions. Also, ultimately the only thing that can truly relieve us of our problems in this world is a relationship with God. Don't be afraid to ask him to pray with you. If he isn't willing, ask if he would allow you to pray for him, and he could just listen. If even this is not possible, at least let him know you and others are praying for him.

The deepest source of pain that leads to suicide is a seperation from God's love; the most direct way to heal that pain is through a relationship with Christ. Besides helping him in his struggles with depression, following Christ will bring him the gift of eternal sorrowless life in paradise when his time does come. I personally know that when going through a difficult time, the only thing that can really make living worthwhile is following and trusting in Christ.  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games