Reply The NFL Guild
Need Advice Quick

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TBC x CptCanada

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:34 pm
Now for the first round of my private fantasy football league on NFL.com, I'm wondering who to pick, some advice would be good since the draft, starts in, oh, I dunno, two hours. So I put my top twelve players in a list. Arrange them in best to worst plz k thx.

Adrian Peterson
Steelers DST
Drew Brees
Andre Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Peyton Manning
Eagles DST
Brandon Jacobs
Frank Gore
Donovan McNabb
Calvin Johnson
Randy Moss

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:10 pm
TBC x CptCanada
Now for the first round of my private fantasy football league on NFL.com, I'm wondering who to pick, some advice would be good since the draft, starts in, oh, I dunno, two hours. So I put my top twelve players in a list. Arrange them in best to worst plz k thx.

Adrian Peterson
Steelers DST
Drew Brees
Andre Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Peyton Manning
Eagles DST
Brandon Jacobs
Frank Gore
Donovan McNabb
Calvin Johnson
Randy Moss

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Larry Fitzgerald
3. Peyton Manning
4. Donovan McNabb
5. Andre Johnson
6. Brandon Jacobs
7. Frank Gore
8. Eagles DST
9. Steelers DST
10. Randy Moss
11. Drew Brees
12. Calvin Johnson

I rated them to their effectivenss, the possible outcome of the season which will go towards points or yardage and the teams they are on. The more successful will equal how much better they will be. Also what would be the better parts to get at their times of picks for rounds are mixed in a bit  

vegito61283

TBC x CptCanada

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:00 pm
Here's my line-up and reserves,

Quarterback: Donovan McNabb (reserve Kyle Orton)
Running Backs: DeAngelo Williams, Kevin Smith (reserve Ronnie Brown)
Wide Receivers: Larry Fitzgerald, Chad Ochocinco, Roy E. Williams (reserve Santana Moss)
Tight Ends: John Carlson (reserve Owen Daniels for just week one)
Kicker: John Carney
Defenses: Eagles (reserve Cowboys [except week one])

You have no clue how much that last part makes me want to cry.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:38 pm
TBC x CptCanada
Here's my line-up and reserves,

Quarterback: Donovan McNabb (reserve Kyle Orton)
Running Backs: DeAngelo Williams, Kevin Smith (reserve Ronnie Brown)
Wide Receivers: Larry Fitzgerald, Chad Ochocinco, Roy E. Williams (reserve Santana Moss)
Tight Ends: John Carlson (reserve Owen Daniels for just week one)
Kicker: John Carney
Defenses: Eagles (reserve Cowboys [except week one])

You have no clue how much that last part makes me want to cry.

Couple things.
1. Why does that last part make you want to cry? Philly should have one of the best defenses this year especially since they dont play that many offensive powerhouses.
2. See if you could get Brent Celek from Philadelphia. Not trying to say because they are my team, but because when he finally took over as starter for Philly last season, their redzone problems almost disappeared and he had excellent stats for any TE. Over 100 yds and 2 scores in the post season game.
3. Put Santana Moss over Ocho-Cinco. Santana will do better this season.
4. Keep and eye on Ronnie Brown in the first couple of weeks. He may be a better starter depending on schedule than Kevin Smith.
4. Good QB situation for you. The schedule for Denver is pretty light so it will allow Orton to acclimate himself early and successfully and McNabb should have a much better season behind an upgraded line and more seasoned WR's now.

Good Draft. Not excellent, but good overall. Just try to get Celek. In a pass oriented system like Philly, he will get you good stats.  

vegito61283

TBC x CptCanada

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:59 pm
Well Celeks a free agent, but I'm almost confident Carlson and Gonzalez* will be a better couple of TEs.

* I'm playing with my friend whos a huge Texans fan and he begged me for Daniels, then I saw his spiffy weapon called Tony Gonzalez. You should've seen what he gave up for Slaton.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:11 am
TBC x CptCanada
Well Celeks a free agent, but I'm almost confident Carlson and Gonzalez* will be a better couple of TEs.

* I'm playing with my friend whos a huge Texans fan and he begged me for Daniels, then I saw his spiffy weapon called Tony Gonzalez. You should've seen what he gave up for Slaton.

LOL. Well good luck. I was just pointing out about Celek. He only really started at the end of last season, but he was very sure handed. Caught something like almost 87% of all passes thrown his way. Just thrown. Plus he had a really good run after the catch stat. If you watch some of the clips on him last season, he really laid it to the guys trying to tackle him. In the Giants game of the post-season, he ran through two linebackers at the same time and then about 12 yards down the field till the Saftey tripped him up. So keep him in mind. You could use Carlson as trade bait for someone better at the RB position. Celek is young and I have watched him. He looks like he will be almost a Witten status by the end of the year if he is following his progress curve. Well good luck and hope you do well.  

vegito61283

IndianapolisColtsFan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:43 am
Just to let you know I've taken part in about 5 mock drafts and you'll probably be able to pick Donovan McNabb in the later rounds.. So if I were you don't waste a pick early. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:10 am
IndianapolisColtsFan
Just to let you know I've taken part in about 5 mock drafts and you'll probably be able to pick Donovan McNabb in the later rounds.. So if I were you don't waste a pick early. mrgreen

watch out vegito is going to freak on you, jk. Put Drew Brees up their, major good fantasy QB.  

Oreion

TBC x CptCanada

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:19 am
Hmm... DeAngelo Williams and Carlson for Peterson? You think I could do it? Because this guys TE is Fasano who is garbage sauce to Carlsons sweet steak might wanna go somewhere else eh? Then drop Fasano for Celek. Hm...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:03 pm
TBC x CptCanada
Hmm... DeAngelo Williams and Carlson for Peterson? You think I could do it? Because this guys TE is Fasano who is garbage sauce to Carlsons sweet steak might wanna go somewhere else eh? Then drop Fasano for Celek. Hm...

Sounds good, but I would not do that for the RB. Peterson is great, but he does get injured a lot and he will be a key focus for any team that watched the Eagles hole him up last year in the playoffs. They do not have the required WR's to make some people scared. Besides, Williams does not get hurt like Peterson does. Trust me, drop Fasano for Celek. At least more passes go Celeks way anyways than Fasano's.

Oh, and about that Donovan McNabb comment earlier Coltsfan, I agree with you. Dont waste an early pick. He should around mid 4th round and early 5th. So unless you are out of options for some other positions, keep to McNabb around that spot. But keep the anticipation that if he is healthy and the team comes within 25% of what it is on paper that he will have a very likely MVP year.  

vegito61283

The NFL Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff