Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Christo-Paganism, Syncretic Faiths, Mysticism and You Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Sentimental Heart

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:53 pm
TeaDidikai
Being Christian doesn't preclude you being biased. Hell, a number of Protestant denominations have heavy Anti-Catholic biases and the like.

That's not what I meant.

Quote:
My suspicion is he is ignorant of Wica, since it's a mystery religion. ~shrugs~

I'm in a position where when people wish to talk to me about YHVH traditions, they need to provide proof that their position is founded. I have the ability to fact-check a lot of things that most of the laity can't. Were I in the same position, I would want something more telling of the source of their authority myself. It's how I respond to traditions I am not versed in.

Not impossible. And, I can understand that with ease.

Quote:

Since a number of pagans in the last several decades are oathbreakers, this is a distinct possibility.

I'm quite sure he meant all Pagans go to hell, including the ones who weren't oathbreakers.

Quote:
Since to defy Agape would be sin, and the word of Yeshua is Agape, that's a justifiable position.

Yes, but only if to someone who believes that or if that's the only truth (in my mind at least).

Quote:
So you're attacking his style over substance?

I was more mad over his 'substance'. The 'style' just contributed to it, and that was indeed a fault of mine. Now I am less frustrated but I am still far from fondess of the Pastor.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:43 am
TheBelikov
I'm quite sure he meant all Pagans go to hell, including the ones who weren't oathbreakers.
If they willfully violate the Law of Agape, I'd be inclined to agree with him.

I'd happily provide scriptural support that states pagans are going to hell if you would like.

Quote:

Yes, but only if to someone who believes that or if that's the only truth (in my mind at least).
Your position rests on an argument from ignorance.
If you do not believe in such thing as a tsunami, that isn't going to protect you from being crushed by it.
In the same respect, not believing in hell isn't going to save one from it.

Quote:

I was more mad over his 'substance'.
Being angry about Truth doesn't serve you.  

TeaDidikai

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:17 pm
This is a bit embarrassing but I need to ask. Sexual behavior and agape? Intuitively I believe I have a good understanding about proper sexual behavior within agape but I do have my doubts about if I really do or not, partially because of indoctrination growing up.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:04 pm
rmcdra
This is a bit embarrassing but I need to ask. Sexual behavior and agape? Intuitively I believe I have a good understanding about proper sexual behavior within agape but I do have my doubts about if I really do or not, partially because of indoctrination growing up.
As long as what you do is in selfless love for the other party and any and all involved, and you further selfless love by this act, then it's cool. In fact, it's awesome.

If what you are doing destroys, harms, or maligns selfless love, wherever it may be, or is done in dislove, furthering disconnect, then it is sinful.  

Gho the Girl

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:15 am
Gho the Girl
rmcdra
As long as what you do is in selfless love for the other party and any and all involved, and you further selfless love by this act, then it's cool. In fact, it's awesome.

If what you are doing destroys, harms, or maligns selfless love, wherever it may be, or is done in dislove, furthering disconnect, then it is sinful.

Well then here's where my problem lies. It's not the behavior that concerns me but why I have an attraction to this behavior that concerns me. Basically I'm attracted to the addiction involved in this behavior, that a person feels they have to do this behavior because they are addicted and it turns me on. I feel like a psychological sadist but I don't know if this is because it is contrary to agape or because of my own conditioning and indoctrination.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:05 am
Gho the Girl
rmcdra

Why is it important that it is selfless?  

Aino Ailill

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:25 am
Aino Ailill
Gho the Girl
rmcdra

Because, I believe, they're both Christians of some degree.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:43 am
CuAnnan
Aino Ailill
Gho the Girl
rmcdra

Because, I believe, they're both Christians of some degree.

And where is it, in the the Texts that says that love must be selfless? I have not understood this to be inherent to Christianity.  

Aino Ailill

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:46 am
Aino Ailill
And where is it, in the the Texts that says that love must be selfless? I have not understood this to be inherent to Christianity.

It's in the word.
There are several words that translate to the English word "love", but each have a different connotation in the Greek.
Agape is selfless charitable love.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:56 am
CuAnnan
Aino Ailill

It's in the word.
There are several words that translate to the English word "love", but each have a different connotation in the Greek.
Agape is selfless charitable love.

Ah, thanks.  

Aino Ailill

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:11 am
rmcdra
Gho the Girl
rmcdra

Well then here's where my problem lies. It's not the behavior that concerns me but why I have an attraction to this behavior that concerns me. Basically I'm attracted to the addiction involved in this behavior, that a person feels they have to do this behavior because they are addicted and it turns me on. I feel like a psychological sadist but I don't know if this is because it is contrary to agape or because of my own conditioning and indoctrination.
Well, it's hard to tell for me since you're a little vague, which is understandable.

This behaviour, does it tear you and/or others down? Or does it build you/others up?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:49 am
Gho the Girl
rmcdra
Gho the Girl
rmcdra

Well, it's hard to tell for me since you're a little vague, which is understandable.

This behaviour, does it tear you and/or others down? Or does it build you/others up?

I'm sorry for my vagueness but I'm actually quite embarrassed. I basically have a smoking fetish, and the addiction aspect of smoking is the turn-on to me. This is why I feel like a psychological sadist since it turns me on to see a young woman addicted to smoking.

The only defense I have is that if someone did want to quit and asked for my support, I would be willing to assist them in whatever ways I could.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers