Reply The NFL Guild
NFC West Discussion

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

vegito61283

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:07 am
This is for the discussion of the NFC West teams for their fans. So have fun discussing here!!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:55 am
This will be a tough division to determine. But I have to go with the following prediction.

1. San Francisco 49ers- The 49ers last season came much closer to winning the division over the Cardinals than most people think. It is possible that Mike Singletary's coaching success last year was a fluke, but if he continues to have his team perform at the level they played at the second half of the season last year for a whole season, then this team is playoff bound. Maybe not Divison winners, but will make a push for a playoff birth at least. Determining the starting QB position between Smith and Hill is key.

2. Arizona Cardinals- Their post season run was way impressive. Their offense is tops in the NFL, but this was still a team that went 9-7 last season. Maybe they will continue to succeed, but I have a feeling the post Superbowl experience for a team that has never experienced it before will overwhelm this franchise. Note, 4 of the last 5 losers of the Superbowl in the last 5 years did not return to the playoffs the following season.

3. Seattle Seahawks- Jim Mora jr. is a great coach. I was dissapointed in how his short career was in Atlanta, perhaps it was his fault he was kicked out early, but he was more than deserving of a second chance at coaching. This team has the foundation for winning the west, but I think under a new head coach they will struggle in the first half of the season. I see the seahawks finishing strong in the later half, but will be out matched overall by the 49ers and Cardinals in the long run.

4. St. Louis Rams- This team needs a huge over hall. While this franchise made some intersting moves in the post season that may play out well in the years to come. overall they have not done anything that has convinced me that they will emerge from the NFL cellar and compete for a playoff position in the later half of the season. Give them a year or two to mold together and get past the rebuilding stage, and maybe you'll have a good team. But for now I see them picking up the rear of the West.

Review

1. San Francisco
2. Arizona
3. Seattle
4. St. Louis

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

vegito61283

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:12 am
There is no differece in what my prediction would be. Although the Seahawks me be good enough to be second in their division.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:49 pm
vegito61283
There is no differece in what my prediction would be. Although the Seahawks me be good enough to be second in their division.
I agree, Seattle has the potential to bounce back and win the division again this season. The only team I don't see having any likely chance of winning the west are the Rams. Besides them, It could very well be a toss up between the 49ers, Cardinals, and Seahawks.  

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

vegito61283

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:19 pm
Japanese_Green_Tea
vegito61283
I agree, Seattle has the potential to bounce back and win the division again this season. The only team I don't see having any likely chance of winning the west are the Rams. Besides them, It could very well be a toss up between the 49ers, Cardinals, and Seahawks.

Exactly. But you never know, the Rams could be the overachievers like Arizona was last year.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:12 pm
The Cards I think will get smacked this year by alot of people, since most teams will know how to handle their pass-happy offense and their weak defense. Fitz and Anquan are talented, but they're practically by themselves. Breaston is skilled and Warner is very good, but its hard to win with just a pass attack. Especially after its what brought them success last year. Defenses will gameplan heavily against their passing attack.

Seattle is bound for a comeback if Hasselbeck and his O-Line can stay healthy. Their defense and their offense have gotten powerful additions of Aaron Curry, Ken Lucas, T.J Houshmanzadeh and Justin Griffith. Those players will aid the Seahawks excellently, and improve their entire squads.

The 49ers I havent been paying that much attention to, but if Singletary coaches well, Hill plays well and Crabtree immediately makes an impact, they'll do well.

The Rams will suck once again. Case Closed.  

Terumi Hazama-Sama

KTS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:24 am
Niners:If Singletary pulls through. Their only problem is the Cards,tough choice with QB.
Cards:Have good receivers and a good QB(Warner might suck again)
Seahawks:might not make the playoffs,but third place in this division
Rams:will probably suck, sorry but I don't see them winning the division yet.

Anyways I rather wait and see what happens in this season to make predictions.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:26 am
KTS
Niners:If Singletary pulls through. Their only problem is the Cards,tough choice with QB.
Cards:Have good receivers and a good QB(Warner might suck again)
Seahawks:might not make the playoffs,but third place in this division
Rams:will probably suck, sorry but I don't see them winning the division yet.

Anyways I rather wait and see what happens in this season to make predictions.

Niners- Good quickie on them.
Cards- Warner wont suck with those WR's. But have no defense again with the exodus of their best players and getting rid of their best cover guy. (not playmaker).
Seahawks- Good defense, Healthy Offense and new Scheme. Would be second in the division.
Rams- Good start to rebuilding the team. They will still be last though.  

vegito61283

TBC x CptCanada

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:05 pm
1. San Francisco (10-6)
2. Seattle (10-6)
3. Arizona (8-8.)
4. St. Louis (2-14)

The NFL Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers