ESPN's power rankings for NFL teams this offseason Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Practisite

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:49 pm
vegito61283
We could go back and forth and it get very ugly or we can agree to disagree on the point of Luck.

NO WAAAAHHHHHHHHHH... okay. smile

I'm sorry if I came across kind of snippy before. We do disagree, but no two human beings agree on everything, and I'd be lying if I said I did not believe in other things that also could not be empirically proven.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 4:58 pm
Practisite
vegito61283
We could go back and forth and it get very ugly or we can agree to disagree on the point of Luck.

NO WAAAAHHHHHHHHHH... okay. smile

I'm sorry if I came across kind of snippy before. We do disagree, but no two human beings agree on everything, and I'd be lying if I said I did not believe in other things that also could not be empirically proven.

that is true. besides, I know I have been proven wrong many times before. That is why I am becoming better and better and figuring things out in the offseasons for football. LOL. But I still say the top three teams are Pitt, Phil and then NYG with Phil and NYG being interchangable depending on what their offseason will pan out with.  

vegito61283

Cha Milli The Cris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:37 pm
nice  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:10 pm
Cha Milli The Cris
nice

????  

vegito61283

Oreion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:38 pm
I have no arguments with the ESPN "power rankings", i do wish carolina was higher but thats mainly just favriote team bias, but i did find Vegito's almost laughable (so did my brother who acctualy did bust out laughing when he saw the falcons on there twice at 2 different spots). There will probaly be some teams that surprise us (like every year).  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:53 am
@vegito61283

I would like to know why do have the Pats rank 8th on your list? You must have a pretty good reason. Especially when we are ranked below the Dolphins.  

Boston Sports Fan

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

vegito61283

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:07 pm
Boston Sports Fan
@vegito61283

I would like to know why do have the Pats rank 8th on your list? You must have a pretty good reason. Especially when we are ranked below the Dolphins.

2 things.

1. For Oreion, I understand that it is laughable especially when I had the Falcons on 2 times (my mistake and will look to see where I have it wrong now), but as to why you have the rest as laughable I have to ask as to why. I stand by my predictions and all but 2 teams last year from my picks ended up more than 3 spots from my original predictions.

2. Now for the real part here.

Boston, I have the Pats at 8 for a few reasons at this moment.
a. Tom Brady is coming off what could have been a career ending injury along with a surgery that will keep him down for about two years until it is truly fully healed. Along with that the psychological aspect is the worst part about it. He suffered severely with that injury and he will have that in his mind the whole time. Then comes the trust factor. While he was injured due to the opposing player, it should also be in his mind that it was his own team mate that pushed that player into him. So he will have to truly trust his O-Line. Until then he will be shakey and push a lot when he thinks someone is on his back (that is the same with every QB who ever had that surgery for that kind of knee injury). Then comes the chemistry from his weapons. They have to re-learn to play with him again and him the same. They got comfortable with Cassell last season and they will need that again this year.
b. While this team is chock-full of talent, that talent is also on their last legs in the league anymore. The average age of that team did not go down last season but up. I will check on it later, but they are very likely averaging over 29 3/4yrs old for the whole team. That would put them as probably the second or third oldest in the whole league with most likely only the Raiders and the Redskins older than their team. Now with that, you also have to understand that those players will also get tired faster and not be on the field as often as they used to be and therefore their effectiveness will be greatly reduced as well. No amount of coaching will be able to undo that part. So while they will have the experience factor on their side, they will be lacking in terms of their physical prowess and effectiveness on the field. ex. Brian Dawkins.
c. Final one I have time to touch on at the moment. They will be facing a division that has a team that finally popped over the rim last season and beat the patriots (who were healthy as a team and only missing Brady) both times. They also have to realize the Dolphins are no pushover and their Wild Cat Offense really was only taken apart by the Ravens. They have rectified their biggest flaw in that offense by getting a QB/RB hybrid for their offense that will greatly enhance their offensive strenght/style/effectiveness. The Patriots defense will need to be a lot faster in order to keep up with that offense which is designed for misdirection and speed.

Age/Injury will catch up to this team this year unfortunately and they will not be as good as last year. Plus it looks like their schedule is not as favorable in matchups as Miami's is.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:08 pm
I like Vegito's list for the most part. It's pretty accurate with mine and how I see the season playing out.  

IndianapolisColtsFan

vegito61283

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:07 pm
IndianapolisColtsFan
I like Vegito's list for the most part. It's pretty accurate with mine and how I see the season playing out.

Thanks Indy. I hope I am as accurate as I was last season. But there are a few things that could throw a wrench in my list. But I will have the official list out when the Pre-season ends. I do not think there will be any true difference other than a few teams moving within a spot or two of themselves.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:10 am

Those are some pretty good points. But I guess they will have to prove you wrong during the season.

3nodding

Boston Sports Fan

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

DGDT4TT00

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:54 pm
Dude-LAP
As of now, here are my NFL team rankings:

1. Steelers
2. Giants
3. Patriots
4. Eagles
5. Titans
6. Colts
7. Chargers
8. Ravens
9. Cardinals
10. Falcons
11. Panthers
12. Vikings
13. Dolphins
14. Cowboys
15. Jets
16. Bears
17. Saints
18. Packers
19. Texans
20. Redskins
21. Bills
22. Broncos
23. Seahawks
24. Buccaneers
25. Jaguars
26. Bengals
27. 49ers
28. Chiefs
29. Raiders
30. Browns
31. Rams
32. Lions

new england should be first  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:11 pm
Devils_Hunter8000

Lmao. Come on Patboy, after a QB being out a whole season do you know what kind of chemistry is lost during that. Also some key defensive losses you cant just come in and say the Patriots should be number 1. Of-course they'll still be top 10 but number 1, no.  

IndianapolisColtsFan

vegito61283

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:45 am
Boston Sports Fan

Those are some pretty good points. But I guess they will have to prove you wrong during the season.

3nodding

Yup they will. And I have no issue saying I am wrong when they do. I have proven that more than once on here. LOL.

Anyway, I just dont see how those teams other than either a severe meltdown (which is never that rare) or a cinderella team type year (which is rare for teams that high and talented) will do more than two spots higher or lower than I ranked them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:45 am
Devils_Hunter8000
Dude-LAP
As of now, here are my NFL team rankings:

1. Steelers
2. Giants
3. Patriots
4. Eagles
5. Titans
6. Colts
7. Chargers
8. Ravens
9. Cardinals
10. Falcons
11. Panthers
12. Vikings
13. Dolphins
14. Cowboys
15. Jets
16. Bears
17. Saints
18. Packers
19. Texans
20. Redskins
21. Bills
22. Broncos
23. Seahawks
24. Buccaneers
25. Jaguars
26. Bengals
27. 49ers
28. Chiefs
29. Raiders
30. Browns
31. Rams
32. Lions

Why? Unless something drastic happens to a team's personnel, the Super Bowl winning team should always be the favorites for the following season.  

Dude-LAP

vegito61283

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:40 pm
Hey Lap!! You have to remember that this guy is just like we were when we were younger. COMPLETELY BLIND TO THE OVERALL FACTS. So basically all we can do is teach him the error of his ways and to understand fairness.  
The NFL Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff