12,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:53 pm
Blue is worth 3g and green is worth 2g.

I just tested it. xD  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:16 pm
Really? Well, s**t. Announcement for Memphis's release says I'm wrong too. I should play booty grab more. X_X  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Aeddict

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:24 pm
Ehh. I'm not so sure Booty Grab is the root of all evil. Sure, it probably makes way more gold into the system than it should, but things cost way more than I could afford long before Booty Grab came along. In fact, I was thrilled over BG, since for the first time in years I got the feeling that I might actually afford something if I worked hard enough with the grabbing. I mean, even if I'd make 10k a day, that would be a whole many days before I could afford most things, since just about anything costs well over 100k these days. And did before BG. Before I could buy even one thing, there'd be another RIG and EI to get.

And hells yeah, I can see a riot coming if they're going to seriously nerf the gold amounts after people have paid 8 dollars (!!!) per one ugly fish that's going to die and give them rubbish as a parting "gift". It's one precarious issue if they're going to start poking at it now that they've already established the way things work. And I bet they knew full well what they were doing too when they made every fish give more gold so that people would always change to the newer version.

Oh, two more things. 1. They have at least clearly lowered the amount of gold the overseer gives. 2. They've made certain fish (mostly hermit cats tho, but also on a rare occasion some cash-only high triggers) to drop as booty when playing BG. Wouldn't have ever thought to see them give cash items for free, but it seems miracles ain't over.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:20 am
@Aeddict: RIGs first releasing Mythril Coins really did us in. Booty Grab isn't helping.

They didn't establish anything exact in terms of what fish would drop besides what I said in my previous posts. They don't tell you how much each fish is supposed to drop each round whether you catch that much or not. So you can't get mad at them for changing that, so long as what's already been officially established remains the same, they're not in the wrong. Yeah, they knew what they were doing, but we knew they knew what they were doing. We all know the only reason the majority of users even touch Aquariums is bootygrab. The people who didn't wanna pay for fish that die already don't. Them nerfing the amount of gold shouldn't piss users off so much. You weren't guaranteed a set amount.

Yes, the overseer nerfing has already been established for months now. People should be more pissed about that being nerfed. Original aquarium announcement says the Overseer hands out better prizes the happier your tank and fish are, yet people are getting the same prizes at 100% that they got at <10%. And Sagger, I believe it was said, "Now it's generally/on average, it gives out better prizes."
I knew about BG dropping fish. I don't know how many other people know that though.  

Andromeda Phoenix

Shy Gaian

13,750 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Xx Lushrocker xX

Friendly Fairy

7,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:45 am
As far as solutions go, I would say gold sinks, and gold shop items. Hairstyles, gold shop items, and gold sinks, like the most recent one. That took a fair chunk out of the economy. As for imflation, theres lots of reasons.. I would sayy... Possibly cash shop items, such as rigs (Un researched)) Artifical inflation ((People who buy all of one said item in the marketplace, then sell them again for millions)) Too much giveout in booty grab (fixed)) Too much giveout from daily chance? Too much giveout from overseer. All hat kind of thing.
User Image

Let's Work Together, Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces