Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[ .NK. ]
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:37 pm
4/6/2009
The new landing page is...interesting. I'm personally not a big fan of it.
I like that it's organized and more simplistic, and that there aren't a lot of "Get this new cash item" banners all over the place.

However, it seems a little too simplistic. We lost a lot of much needed color with this update, but I guess by now we should be used to glaring white.

With as little as is on this page, that large section dedicated to an advertisement stands out even more. It's not the ad that bugs me, but the fact that it/its section stands out more than the rest of the information. (At least in my opinion). It kind of takes away from the front page.

I don't know, it just doesn't seem extremely useful to me. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.

This just makes me think even more that layouts should be optional, though. I know that's not easy and it may not even be possible, but it would be a nice feature to have so that those that may complain won't feel the need to because they can revert to the old layout.

My biggest problem with this change is that it seems unnecessary. To me, there are a lot more important things that they could be messing with right now.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:39 pm
Reserved.  

[ .NK. ]
Captain

[ .NK. ]
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:40 pm
Reserved.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:01 pm
Agreed.
I mainly like the way the put up the Weekly Spotlight for Fourm Threads.
There are alot of cool things going on that I just didnt know about in the forums. It helps out, since mainly all the up-rated threads under Community are all Art shops (Theoreticly Speaking.)  

Dallas Overload

Fashionable Prophet

5,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Slytherin Lord

Desirable Guildsman

14,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:58 pm
What they need to focus on is bringing guild up with the rest of gaia. I am a proud owner of many guilds and we need change in guilds.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:15 pm
Most of the changes as of late seem to be for the sole purpose of draining color from the site. One thing I don't understand is, why?  

Siarnaq
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

Nanenna

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:07 am
Wow, this thread feels neglected. Maybe if people stopped making new threads for every little thing...

Anyways: Thoughts on the footer? I kinda miss having the shortcuts at the top but it's also nice that I don't have to scroll all the way to the top (or the bottom) of a page just to go somewhere else on the site. Especially in the forums where posts can get pretty long. It collapses and stays collapsed for me, which is nice, but I can still get to my personalized shortcuts, which is awesome. All in all I'm not dissatisfied. But I also have never been to Facebook at all so I don't really get when people say things like "facebook-esque footer" :/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:37 pm
I ditched the footer and set up a toolbar folder with the Gaia links I typically reach for. The footer was ok, but it decreases the amount of screen space I have, and I don't like that. I'm also tired of them disappearing links, so if I do it via my own toolbar they can't change it on me.

I'm a bit sad the "online" counter was removed from all but the home page. Why are they so determined to empty out the header?  

Keiko Dreams

Let's Work Together, Gaia

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff