Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:21 pm
Crimson Raccoon
L o v e r s L u l l a b y
I do have a small thing to say about this.
According to Acts 10:10-16 (bunches of bible verses ahead by the way): He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. It contained all kinds of fourfooted animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."

“Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean." The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean." This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

Mark 7:14-19: Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. Nothing outside a man can make him 'unclean' by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him 'unclean.' "

After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. "Are you so dull?" he asked. "Don't you see that nothing that enters a man from the outside can make him 'unclean'? For it doesn't go into his heart but into his stomach, and then out of his body."

Collosians 2:14: having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross.

and Hebrews 7:18: The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless

Do Christians not have to follow Leviticus law? And I am not positive about this, but I don't think that there are any other bible verses besides the one in Leviticus saying homosexuality is an abomination.

If I am misinterpreting something, please bring it to my attention, but this is how I understood it.

And I also don't think that there are any verses saying transsexuality is a sin either. Again, please correct me if I am wrong. User Image

It's true that, because Christ fulfilled the law, and because we are not a part of the ancient kingdom of Israel, we as Christians don't have to follow the laws in Leviticus. But that doesn't mean the morality expressed in those laws doesn't still exist! If something was detestable to God then, it is still detestable to him now. The ceremonial laws regarding diet and sacrifice and the regulations for priests have been fulfilled, but the morality against murder, stealing, sexual sins, and so on all still apply.

Also, there are a few places in the New Testament that state homosexuality is wrong.

Paul in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

To put the above passage in context, it was written by the apostle Paul to a Christian audience. The point he's making is that those who dwell in such lifestyles are guilty of sinning; however, even someone who has done such things can regardless be forgiven and reconciled to God through Christ. The audience Paul was writing to consisted of many people who had previously been things such as thieves and homosexuals, but who had abandoned those lifestyles to follow Christ.

There are several other passages, from both the Old and New Testaments, which identify homosexuality as a sin. 1 Timothy 1:8-11 is another New Testament passage similar to the above one from 1 Corinthians. Also, Romans 1:18-32 is very interesting because it describes what homosexuality is, as well as the Biblical view of its causes and effects. It's a description of the general progression a people go through who turn away from God.

Just like the people Paul wrote to in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, all of us who have done sinful things can be forgiven of these things and reconciled to God through faith Jesus Christ. We don't need to let our sins identify us, we can abandon them by turning to Christ for salvation from the guilt and punishment these sins bring on us. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved!

I agree with what you are saying. Here is the verse that a lot of people uses that discuss Homosexuallity. "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." (Leviticus 18:22) This is serious and very interesting as I will explain in a bit.

1st, let's look up what "Abomination" and how does it fit in this verse. It means, "Anything abominable; anything greatly disliked or abhorred. To regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate." And it says that God hates or loathe when we lie down with mankind and womankind. And if you read the New Testament, it said that God will cast them by the way side. This is a very serious thing.

But really, not too many people get it. This is God's heart on this matter. If is an Abomination then, it is an Abonimation now. God still hates it. But what is the difference? Because on this side of the cross, God has a different way to handle this, and that is they can come to Jesus and be healed from their sins and the lust to be homosexual will be gone if we surrender all to the Lord.

Here is something that is interesting, many people say that we are not under the law, but under grace. Yes, that is true. I do agree with them. However, the law is still in effect, or shall I say that it is revealing the Heart of God. In James, it said that whoever breaks 1 law, he is guilty of all. So God's heart is still the same. He just have a different way to handle things.

In Matthew 5, Jesus said "Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy." Now, I am not getting into the subject of Non-resistance. I am posting it to make a point. He said that in the Old Testament, you would told to hate thy enemy and love thy neighbor. But read on what it says. "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you."

He says "Even though you were told of these things, this is my new commandment for you. I have not come to change the old ways, but to fullfill it." What I find interesting is that there were somethings that Jesus said that He changed the way that we shall act. Why would He change some of the law? Because God now has a different way of handling it. But His heart still hasn't changed, because yesterday, today, and tomorrow, He remains the same.

Now let's ready what the New Covenant say about Homosexuality.

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9 & 10)

These 2 verses are very powerful. They are straight to the point, yet people often mistake this verse. Did you see it? Abusers of themselves with mankind? That can be taken in many ways, but it still says about Homosexuallity. And whoever does it and is a bondage of it will not inherit (Or enter) into the Kingdom of God. Please do not mistake these verses. But like I said before, if we come to the Lord and to repent and renounce it in Jesus' Name, we can be healed in so many ways and we can walk with the Lord again. Hallelujah!

"For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient." (Romans 1:26 - 2 cool

This right here is one of the best verses that I can give to you. "For even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men." What does this mean? Does it mean a sex-change or does it mean Homosexuality? I believe it means both. We are born to be attracted to the other gender. That is why God created Adam and Eve. It is not anyone's nature to be attracted to their own gender. It is a lie from the devil himself. We go against our own nature, said these verses here.

"Leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly." This really spelled "Homosexuallity" with the capital "H", dear brothers and sisters. How much plainer can you possibly get? It says, "Woman to Woman and Man to Man that lust after the same gender that which is unseemly (Or means Unappropiate.)."

"And receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient." I will paraphrase a little for it. "And receiving in themselves (Men with Men and Women with Women) that recompence (to repay) of their error which was meet. And even as they did not like to retain (to keep in mind; remember.) God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate (rejected by God) mind, to do those things which are not convenient."

What is very interesting is the verses following it. "Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful: Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them." And I believe that Homosexuality falls under the lines of Unrighteousness and Uncleanliness.

Anyways, we must not limit God by trying to put Him into our own understanding. He is too big of God for that. He is so big that we cannot even scratch the surface. And I believe that every word in the Bible is true and is the inspiration of God.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:21 pm
Love seemed like a silly dream
1 Cor 6:9 is a mistranslation.

The word abomination is actually toevah. In Hebrew toevah means that which is ritually unclean or in other words, not kosher. It does not mean sin. The word abomination also refers to the consumption of shellfish and pork. Do research on the Jewish canon before claiming that homosexuality is a sin when it obviously isn't. -.-

Also Romas 1:26 is talking about prostitution and lust.
But when I awoke, it seemed more than just a dream

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:15 pm
How can we justified sin if we do not believe the whole word of God? Mistranslation or not, if it is in the Bible, we cannot argue with it. Sure, we can "argue" with it, but we cannot argue with the truth that is set before us.

I apologize, but I am going to be pretty frank. Before we labeled what is sin and what is not, we must seek the heart of God. And by that, we must not only study the scriptures deeply, but also believe on every word of God.

Homosexuality is a sin, this I believe. Even though the Bible doesn't have the word, "Homosexual" in the context. It is mentioned a lot of times, mostly by Paul or John about lust, and lusting after the wrong things. Just remember, "Prove all things and hold fast to which are good." (1 Thess. 5:21)  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:01 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
Love seemed like a silly dream
1 Cor 6:9 is a mistranslation.

The word abomination is actually toevah. In Hebrew toevah means that which is ritually unclean or in other words, not kosher. It does not mean sin. The word abomination also refers to the consumption of shellfish and pork. Do research on the Jewish canon before claiming that homosexuality is a sin when it obviously isn't. -.-

Also Romas 1:26 is talking about prostitution and lust.
But when I awoke, it seemed more than just a dream
Thank you for the information everyone.

But I do agree with this person here. Abomination and sin are not the same thing.
And as you state about the morality thing in Leviticus, it also states in Leviticus that eating pork is an abomination too. I really do not know of any Christian out there who tells other people that eating pork is immoral.
Leviticus 11
Every animal that has a split hoof not completely divided or that does not chew the cud is unclean for you; whoever touches the carcass of any of them will be unclean. Of all the animals that walk on all fours, those that walk on their paws are unclean for you; whoever touches their carcasses will be unclean till evening. Anyone who picks up their carcasses must wash his clothes, and he will be unclean till evening. They are unclean for you.
I do not know of any Christians who go around telling people that pork is immoral to eat.

You are entitled to your own beliefs, but it is something to maybe think about. User Image

Fairytale Endings

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:41 am
Thislte_Whistle......I love you HAHHA I think you and me think very much alike and understand the bible in the same way. Not often I meet people like you smile .

But to the point now. Yes, actual the word "abomination" shouldn't even be in there. There was a debate a good long time ago on this subject bringing up the matter on the word "abomination".

But the point of the matter is, to what Thitsle was also getting is, is that it doesn't matter if the word is "unclean" hate (in hebrew seh-nah), or dislike...

If God says NOT to do an action, and the person does it anyway, then it is a sin. In some cases the argument of word usage should not be over looked because a simple word change can give an entirely different meaning. Ex:

Nasb: "Thou Shall not Murder"
KJV: "Thou Shall not Kill"

But in this case? God says not to do it, so don't do it. If you do it? Then you're sinning. Period. There's no argument no matter how people want to "feel" on the matter.

On a second note, we may not be of the old Kingdom, but the Old Testament is just as legitimate of the New Testament. You know WHY some of the laws in the old testament aren't followed anymore? Because mankind is corruptible. Even the bible states that mankind will only worsen as the years go on. And when mankind is corruptible, mankind is MORE WILLING to accept, what wasn't accepted years ago. There are cases in the New Testament that would seem to contradict the laws in the Old Testament and it would make it SEEM like God is changing his mind. He isn't changing his mind...he's chagining, as Thitsle said, the way he handles the situation. Why? Because God KNOWS that mankind will become more corrupted and thus to try to hold the old ways onto the new ways isn't going to work. He has to deal with the situation given.

For example: In the old testament, and I think also in the new, you know what happened to people who slept with the same sex? They were put to death. They were stoned....until they died. Hmmm GEE God must really NOT LIKE homosexuality if they were put to death for it. How can people even ignore that?

You know what happened with people who practiced bestiality? The person was put to death, but ALSO the animal.

You know what happened with people who practiced harlotry? They were stoned.

Being a false witness? Stoned.

Murder? Put to death.

So yeah.....you can disagree with it all you want, but if they were put to death for it? You BET God doesn't like it. People aren't put to death for those things today. Why? Because man is corrupted and we now are taught to embrace and accept homosexuality. Now before you go ranting and raving at me, I'm NOT saying that we should chastise a person for committing a sin, because we ALL sin and we ALL deserve hell, as the bible states. But should we promote the love of the sin? Absolutely not.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:05 pm
Thistle_Whistle
How can we justified sin if we do not believe the whole word of God? Mistranslation or not, if it is in the Bible, we cannot argue with it. Sure, we can "argue" with it, but we cannot argue with the truth that is set before us.

I apologize, but I am going to be pretty frank. Before we labeled what is sin and what is not, we must seek the heart of God. And by that, we must not only study the scriptures deeply, but also believe on every word of God.

Homosexuality is a sin, this I believe. Even though the Bible doesn't have the word, "Homosexual" in the context. It is mentioned a lot of times, mostly by Paul or John about lust, and lusting after the wrong things. Just remember, "Prove all things and hold fast to which are good." (1 Thess. 5:21)
I’ll erase this feeling…
I still have a long life don’t I?
kono omoi wo keshiteshimau ni ha
mada jinsei nagai deshou?
Actually it's not. The word qedesh which means male prostitute is mentioned in other words the passages you think mention homosexual are really referring to male prostitution that was typically done on temple grounds.

And yes it does matter if the word means unclean. The Bible was written in ******** Hebrew to begin with.

This is why I'm not longer a Christian, too many intellectually dishonest morons out there who don't want to listen to the facts because their heads are shoved way too far into their asses.
I’m missing the feeling…
so this pain is also welcomed!
natsukashiku naru
konna itami mo kangeijan

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:00 am
xLady Tsukiyox
Thistle_Whistle

I’ll erase this feeling…
Actually it's not. The word qedesh which means male prostitute is mentioned in other words the passages you think mention homosexual are really referring to male prostitution that was typically done on temple grounds.

And yes it does matter if the word means unclean. The Bible was written in ******** Hebrew to begin with.

This is why I'm not longer a Christian, too many intellectually dishonest morons out there who don't want to listen to the facts because their heads are shoved way too far into their asses.
I’m missing the feeling…
natsukashiku naru
konna itami mo kangeijan

And insulting people illegitimately is going to make you any better? The biggest irony I find about this guild now is that, no one is actually hear to learn or to try to accept opposite views. Its just refute refute refute. Debates are the definition of refuting yes, but seems to me that only a fraction of a few sides are willing to admit that they MIGHT be wrong and thus might accept the opposite view. But the other views? Hahah what a joke.

In trying to so call "expose" christian members of the guild to opposing views of their belief is only going to create intolerance and more fighting.

It doesn't matter how laid out or logical the christians in this guild to try to explain something EVEN IF IT MAKES SENSE, it just gets merely blown off by "your logic is wrong" or "this isnt' logic" blah blah yadda yadda, yeah cry me a river.

or maybe? some individuals are just too scared or too stuborn to even accept the possibility that this world just MIGHT be governed by an unknown force that can't be proven by science or means of mankind.

I don't know about other members in this guild, but i know for a fact my head is definitely not shoved up my buttocks. i'm 24 years old and ive been exposed and refuted and debated with, with just about every belief imaginable, even atheism. just because you dont "agree" with what is presented, even if it IS logical, doesn't give you any right to just sit there and whine about it with verbal attacks and accusations that are clearly askew because no one really knows anyone else in here personally or have known each other for years. some members maybe, but i doubt it.

I'll state it once and I won't say it again. The argument of the meaning of the words used, can be argued all you want, but if God says not to do something.....

then

don't

DO IT.

You do it? its a sin. period. no if's and's or butt's. It CLEARLY STATES "man shall not lie with another man as he does a woman". It doesnt NEED to be defined by a word like homosexuality or "unnatural" because thats as plain as the text can get. the fact that people argue something so literal is almost laughable.

man shall not lie with another man

man SHALL NOT lie with

man shall not

shall NOT

how many times is it going to be argued? seriously?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:36 am
I found something highly interesting on youtube that I believe is related on the original topic. I was looking at the Way of the Master's channel, which I encourage everyone to watch, and I came upon this video. The link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVBjSNHdoRA&feature=channel.  

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

divineseraph

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:19 pm
SaintChaos
xLady Tsukiyox
Thistle_Whistle

I’ll erase this feeling…

I’m missing the feeling…
natsukashiku naru
konna itami mo kangeijan

And insulting people illegitimately is going to make you any better? The biggest irony I find about this guild now is that, no one is actually hear to learn or to try to accept opposite views. Its just refute refute refute. Debates are the definition of refuting yes, but seems to me that only a fraction of a few sides are willing to admit that they MIGHT be wrong and thus might accept the opposite view. But the other views? Hahah what a joke.

In trying to so call "expose" christian members of the guild to opposing views of their belief is only going to create intolerance and more fighting.

It doesn't matter how laid out or logical the christians in this guild to try to explain something EVEN IF IT MAKES SENSE, it just gets merely blown off by "your logic is wrong" or "this isnt' logic" blah blah yadda yadda, yeah cry me a river.

or maybe? some individuals are just too scared or too stuborn to even accept the possibility that this world just MIGHT be governed by an unknown force that can't be proven by science or means of mankind.

I don't know about other members in this guild, but i know for a fact my head is definitely not shoved up my buttocks. i'm 24 years old and ive been exposed and refuted and debated with, with just about every belief imaginable, even atheism. just because you dont "agree" with what is presented, even if it IS logical, doesn't give you any right to just sit there and whine about it with verbal attacks and accusations that are clearly askew because no one really knows anyone else in here personally or have known each other for years. some members maybe, but i doubt it.

I'll state it once and I won't say it again. The argument of the meaning of the words used, can be argued all you want, but if God says not to do something.....

then

don't

DO IT.

You do it? its a sin. period. no if's and's or butt's. It CLEARLY STATES "man shall not lie with another man as he does a woman". It doesnt NEED to be defined by a word like homosexuality or "unnatural" because thats as plain as the text can get. the fact that people argue something so literal is almost laughable.

man SHALL NOT lie with

man shall not

shall NOT

You're missing the point, again. You're good at that.

I'm pretty sure the argument was about how the book was written in a different language, so our translation doesn't necessarily apply the way we think it does. for the sanity of us all, PLEASE take a course in logic. Your red herring makes you look like an imbecile. And, well, if the shoe fits...

And wait-Thistle- Did you really say that even if the bible is mistranslated, we have to go by the mistranslation because THAT becomes the word of God? Really? Seriously?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:09 pm
divineseraph
SaintChaos
xLady Tsukiyox
Thistle_Whistle

I’ll erase this feeling…

I’m missing the feeling…
natsukashiku naru
konna itami mo kangeijan

then

don't

DO IT.

man SHALL NOT lie with

man shall not

shall NOT

You're missing the point, again. You're good at that.

I'm pretty sure the argument was about how the book was written in a different language, so our translation doesn't necessarily apply the way we think it does. for the sanity of us all, PLEASE take a course in logic. Your red herring makes you look like an imbecile. And, well, if the shoe fits...

And wait-Thistle- Did you really say that even if the bible is mistranslated, we have to go by the mistranslation because THAT becomes the word of God? Really? Seriously?
I’ll erase this feeling…
.....then wear it and flaunt it.

I’m missing the feeling…
natsukashiku naru
konna itami mo kangeijan

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Xahmen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:50 pm
There is some high-brow trolling going on in this here thread.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff