A guild for fans of the game. 

Tags: National Football League, Football, Pigskin, American, Sports 

Reply The NFL Guild
Brett Favre retires...again Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will Brett Favre Stay retired this time?
  Yes
  No
View Results

MAUREENASAURUS

4,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:47 pm
O______O
obviously not staying retired.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:20 pm
Well according to what he is saying, he will stay retired. But will not put out the possibility of making one more comeback. Go figure.  

vegito61283

TDogVelarde26

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:42 pm
i want him to come back just to see what people will do and to see if someone will take him on their team.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:22 pm
NO, because he's the best quarterback in the NFL!!!!!!!!!!!  

MXS09

DGDT4TT00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:07 am
Duke_619
Brett sent e-mails to the Jets today telling them that he will retire.

Say what you want but he did wonders for the Jets. And we really dont know if he will be done offically lol.

Your thoughts?

even though i cant stand the fact that he wants to be in the middle of everything he's a human highlight reel. So i agree with the second paragraph  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:09 am
IndianapolisColtsFan
Dude-LAP
Duke_619
x Stella Nox Fleuret x
Being a Packer fan since I was a child, I grew up with Favre and I felt very...betrayed.
Personally (this is just my opinion) he had no right to retire from the Pack, and then attempt to take back his position after Rodgers had been told that he would start.
I have a lot of respect for Brett as a player, but I think that he made a mistake by going on to the Jets for one more year. His last season with the Pack was a great one, especially that snowy game against the Seahawks...but instead he went out with a not-so-great season with the Jets. It's just disappointing. I wanted better for him, we all did.
Hopefully he will just retire for good this year before he tarnishes his rep any more.

I think Brett had every right, hes the God of the QB positon....

Brett going to the Jets just shows how excited he was to play the game of football. No organization, to amount of money, and no critic could turn him away from doing what he loved best. I don't blame the Packers for naming Rodgers the starter, because Favre had his chance to make an earlier decision, but he ultimately wanted to come out of retirement for one more season.

But you guys have to look at it in the eyes of a Packer fan, I would most definitely feel betrayed if Peyton Manning did this.

that is completly true. Think of it as if Tom Brady did that to the Pats i would be crushed  

DGDT4TT00

DGDT4TT00

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:10 am
Dude-LAP
IndianapolisColtsFan
Dude-LAP
Duke_619
x Stella Nox Fleuret x
Being a Packer fan since I was a child, I grew up with Favre and I felt very...betrayed.
Personally (this is just my opinion) he had no right to retire from the Pack, and then attempt to take back his position after Rodgers had been told that he would start.
I have a lot of respect for Brett as a player, but I think that he made a mistake by going on to the Jets for one more year. His last season with the Pack was a great one, especially that snowy game against the Seahawks...but instead he went out with a not-so-great season with the Jets. It's just disappointing. I wanted better for him, we all did.
Hopefully he will just retire for good this year before he tarnishes his rep any more.

I think Brett had every right, hes the God of the QB positon....

Brett going to the Jets just shows how excited he was to play the game of football. No organization, to amount of money, and no critic could turn him away from doing what he loved best. I don't blame the Packers for naming Rodgers the starter, because Favre had his chance to make an earlier decision, but he ultimately wanted to come out of retirement for one more season.

But you guys have to look at it in the eyes of a Packer fan, I would most definitely feel betrayed if Peyton Manning did this.

Well yeah, it's because as a fan, you want a happy ending for your team and a player of Favre's caliber.

...But that doesn't mean he should not play, or stick with the options. Favre showed up late, wanting to play, after the Packers committed to Aaron Rodgers. But what was pretty low was that the Packers offered Favre something like $20 million to stay retired. Both sides didn't do their best to resolve it in the right way.

i dont think was the Packers did was low because Farve stabbed them in the back.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:16 pm
Haha, the talk about him playing for Minnesota, never a dull moment with that guy.  

Huwee

Kishin Crona

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:53 am
He sucks!!!!!!!!! Just retire you old geyser.  
The NFL Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff