Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Debates

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Big_Wave_Legacy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:26 pm
Im 17 and Im growing so much in the lord. I thank him for everything.
I use KJV and NIV. NIV is easier to understand but it leaves things out unlike the KJV.

Creation V. Evolution
Genesis 1:28 God said unto Adam and Eve, replenish the Earth. KJV
replenish means to fill again. Which means there used to be life on Earth before Adam and Eve. Whether it be dinosaurs or pre-adamites( a term used for people before adam and eve.) God created the heavens and the earth. not the big bang theory. God created earth and eveything on it.

Why Christianity from other Religions.
All kids will go to heaven if they die before their knowledgeable age. which i believe to be around 12. Children are innocent in gods eyes. Now some say what about those who never heard of christianity or jesus. Well tell me what other religion spreads the word like christians. I mean look at the martyrs and missionairies to spread the word. Everybody will hear of jesus after their knowledgable age for the gospel will spread to the 4 corners of Earth. I can guarentee you that during the medieval times, knights probaly never heard of islam.

Well Ill find a few more debates or whatever later. Post a few ideas if ya want. I want people to challange me, if you think you can.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:54 pm
eek Wow, I never noticed the difference. That's... kinda cool.  

ShideKnight

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:31 am
Actually, Christians heard of the Celtic Druids and other pagans, because they had populated certain parts of the world at that time. Children are seen innocent in anyone's eyes. Because of Tabula Rasa or clean slate.

Now here is how Celtic Pagans and Christianity viewed women.

Celtic Pagans:
-Respected women
-Women had leadership positions. Remember Warrior Queen Bouddicca (sp?)? She ruled over her people.
-Women were also high priestesses.
-Some say that women were the Goddess incarnate which allowed them to be high priestesses

Christians:
-Some Christians viewed women as objects
-Women weren't allowed to read or write or learn
-Women weren't usually in top government positions. Especially in the Middle Ages. The only two female Queens that actually ruled over England, from memory are Queen Mary of Scotts (Bloody Mary) and Elizabeth I. (during the Middle Ages) (America however being a secularist nation despite what some people may say, has never had a female president in it's history. However a woman did run for president in the past and it wasn't Hilary Clinton.)
-Women could not teach men when it came to the gospel.
-Women could not own property
-Women had to submit to the man of the house
-It wasn't till the 20th century-21st century, when women obtained freedom, whether it's the right to vote, right to choose, right to run for public office, right work the same jobs as men, etc.
-Some Christians think that 1950's values should come back
(Note that all the things detailing women, dealt with being under either Christian rule or when the majority of Christians made the rules of the land, in the US' case)  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games