*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Proof the Bible is Right? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is this proof that the bible has always been right?
  Yes, absolutely!
  Yes, but I'm not too sure about the rest.
  No, I have a better explanation.
  No, it's always been wrong.
View Results

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:46 am
Dark Angel Rai
ShideKnight
Well I seem to recall it being brought up earlier in the thread.

Besides, how else would they know it's over 10,000 years old? I don't think there are really any other scientific dating methods.
Also with the history of the people that lived there and could build those ruins. Most of the sects of Paganism have been around longer than Christianity. The oldest possibly being Druidism as I have stated.

Possibly, but I seriously doubt that the Celtic people would keep track of the year it was made for so long. I've never read much of the Celtic history of the British Isles though. I remember reading about them sacking Rome back in the day though. ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:21 pm
ShideKnight
Dark Angel Rai
ShideKnight

Besides, how else would they know it's over 10,000 years old? I don't think there are really any other scientific dating methods.
Also with the history of the people that lived there and could build those ruins. Most of the sects of Paganism have been around longer than Christianity. The oldest possibly being Druidism as I have stated.

Possibly, but I seriously doubt that the Celtic people would keep track of the year it was made for so long. I've never read much of the Celtic history of the British Isles though. I remember reading about them sacking Rome back in the day though. ninja
They prolly didn't keep track of the date or the purpose of Stonehenge but you can compare the two and make hypotheisis' about them. And yeah, the Celts were sacking Rome until the very end. When Boudicca fell I think. I mean the Druids were supposedly wiped out of existence before we could know Stonehenge's true purpose or who really made it. But we can connect the Druids/Celts and Stonehenge together because when the Druids do their rituals, it's often in a circle. And Stonehenge is in a circular structure.  

Neferet -House of Night-

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:04 pm
Dark Angel Rai
ShideKnight
Dark Angel Rai
ShideKnight

They prolly didn't keep track of the date or the purpose of Stonehenge but you can compare the two and make hypotheisis' about them. And yeah, the Celts were sacking Rome until the very end. When Boudicca fell I think. I mean the Druids were supposedly wiped out of existence before we could know Stonehenge's true purpose or who really made it. But we can connect the Druids/Celts and Stonehenge together because when the Druids do their rituals, it's often in a circle. And Stonehenge is in a circular structure.

Yeah. I think they're obviously connected, but I don't think there is really enough evidence to put a specific age to it.

...I really don't think the Druids were wiped out though. Maybe in that area, but Rome didn't fully conquer Britain. Rome didn't even get to Ireland.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:27 pm
Well...to me it's like, for each their own. I know that not everyone can be persuaded, like the rest of the world, everyone will have their own opinion about what they believe and sometimes even hard evidence isn't enough to disprove them. I'm a believer, but I don't care much about evidence...I don't think that exact dates or relics or whatever should have to prove anything. Meaning...God doesn't need to prove Himself, people will find Him when they are meant to.

I think their may be reasons as to why their isn't any CLEAR evidence to prove He exists to every person. Sure, I believe there is evidence all around us, but it is not meant to be seen by everyone, because people are supposed to come to God in their own time.

Even if they don't, as is told, one day everyone will know God, whether dead or alive. So as far as setting out to "prove" the bible is right or whatever, it's not my main concern. As humans, we're supposed to guide, but not really try and persuade people with evidence, God works in his own ways, it's up to the individual and God whether or not they are going to believe. For example, in my own experience, it wasn't exactly "hard evidence" that led to my own understanding/awakening if you will, so that doesn't really matter.

Again, to each their own. Just my thoughts smile  

Prismatic Butterflies

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:04 pm
ShideKnight
Dark Angel Rai
ShideKnight
Dark Angel Rai
ShideKnight

Yeah. I think they're obviously connected, but I don't think there is really enough evidence to put a specific age to it.

...I really don't think the Druids were wiped out though. Maybe in that area, but Rome didn't fully conquer Britain. Rome didn't even get to Ireland.
They weren't. I know a few people that actually adhere to what they call the old ways. Which is old druidism. And with the advent of Wicca and Neo-druidism, paganism has gotten quite a revival, to the dismay of most Christians. XD Those that survived prolly hid their beliefs and practiced in secret and passed down their beliefs and rituals from generation to generation, in secret until now (possibly)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:40 pm
You know, I really wonder how many people do what they do because they feel it is right, as opposed to do what they do because it's 'the fad'. I really get the feeling that most people in any age don't really spend much time thinking about what they believe; they just go with what their parents say until social pressure gives them a reason to change it.

I don't want to dismiss druidism as pure BS, and I suppose there are some good points to the pagan religions. What's tragic though is that by displacing God's rightful place, they're not worth much as they're practiced now.

No offense meant of course, Rai.  

ShideKnight

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:35 am
ShideKnight
You know, I really wonder how many people do what they do because they feel it is right, as opposed to do what they do because it's 'the fad'. I really get the feeling that most people in any age don't really spend much time thinking about what they believe; they just go with what their parents say until social pressure gives them a reason to change it.

I don't want to dismiss druidism as pure BS, and I suppose there are some good points to the pagan religions. What's tragic though is that by displacing God's rightful place, they're not worth much as they're practiced now.

They don't displace God. Those that claim to be Christian do the displacing. By staying one with nature they are staying one with God. Because God is in all things like nature.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:49 pm
Cyngel
ShideKnight

They don't displace God. Those that claim to be Christian do the displacing. By staying one with nature they are staying one with God. Because God is in all things like nature.

Alright, fair enough. razz  

ShideKnight

Scazarith

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:57 pm
I will say, as I've said before, that the bible has the answers to your questions. There IS hard proof of Christianity. There is actually more proof of Christianity being true than of any other religion. Its easier to prove, just by the prophecies of the bible mind you, that there IS a God as opposed to there not being one. Thats not to mention all of the archeological evidence that has supported what the bible says. I realize that a lot of you are too young to be interested in watching shows like "Naked Archeologist" but there is living (not actually since the objects are inanimate) proof out there that backs this stuff up.

But just looking at the bible: out of approximately 2,500 prophecies in the bible, over 2,000 have come true to the letter already. We can see it right now actually. The bible speaks of the rebuilding of babylon - guess who's tax dollars are being put towards that as we speak? Thats right, yours and mine. The bible speaks of the rebuilding of the temple in jerusalem for the third and final time - the priests are being trained for it right now.

In matthew Jesus gives a parable of the fig tree (which in various accounts represents israel in the bible) speaking of Israel becoming a nation again, and when its still young aquiring the rest of its land back (i.e. the city of Jerusalem) and it happened. It also says just after that, that the generation that saw this happen (1967) will not pass away before Jesus returns. That is the year my dad was born btw which means he is coming really soon! ^.^

I could just keep going on and on and on. There is so much proof if you'd read your bibles. Read of the end times. It says Iran, Russia, and China are all going to try to destroy Israel; and Israel will win. Watch for this stuff. Take a look at how close Iran and Russia are right now. How close China and Russia are. And how all three of them hate America and Israel.

Just read man.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:18 pm
Aquiella
Syrokal
While it is an interesting point on a fact that is hard to explain, we must remember the Bible says the earth is also 6000 years old....and well, we know that's not right

How can you KNOW it's older? I've looked at alot of arguements and alot of theories on what age the earth is, and I find that the most plausible and reasonable age is somewhere between 6000 and 9000.

I'd love to see a solid arguement to the contrary though. And one that doesn't use rock/fossil layers, carbon dating, or the Grand Canyon.

I find this to actually be a bit laughable. "Please prove to me that the world is over 9000 years old without using proof." There are multiple forms or radioactive dating, besides carbon, that yield the same results collected from carbon dating. I'm guessing by your mention of the Grand Canyon you simply mean "don't give me evidence based on geological formations as a whole." In that case, is celestial okay? Then entire universe is slowly expanding and by rewinding the clock we can see where each galaxy originated from. Speeds and trajectories of galaxies are dead giveaways.

I'm guessing that since you refuse to believe any of the practical data you'll reject ANY observation that people give you just like someone who claims that the past doesn't exist because they could have only just sprung into existence with memories of times before. Oh well.  

Indoloro

Scazarith

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:09 pm
As far as how old the earth is, no one can really know for sure.

With that said, it is very possible for the earth to be more than 9,000 years old and still be true to the bible. There are places in the bible that hint at the possibility that there were civilizations that God had created beforfe adam and eve! This isn't to say that they were created in Gods image but it is very possible.

Also, we might consider the fact that before adam and eve ate of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil they didn't age. They would've never died because sin had never affected them. We don't know how long they actually were in the garden with God before they sinned. It could've been thousands of years.

I'm not saying this stuff is hardcore fact and its the undeniable truth, but it is interesting to consider. Either way I don't really consider this part of the argument to be that big of a deal.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:57 pm
Aquiella
Besides. Moses came LONG before Jesus. Wasn't HE christian too? 3nodding
NONONONONO.
Moses was NOT Christian. Moses was Jewish.
Judaism =/= Christianity.

[ k e e l y ]

Xahmen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:17 pm
Ahahahahaha  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:48 pm
[ k e e l y ]
Aquiella
Besides. Moses came LONG before Jesus. Wasn't HE christian too? 3nodding
NONONONONO.
Moses was NOT Christian. Moses was Jewish.
Judaism =/= Christianity.

Actually, Christianity wasn't born until after the death and ressurection of Jesus Christ. That is what the name means of Christianity, "Followers of Jesus." Before Jesus' time, they have to sacrifice lambs to God, because (Also I do not have all of the details, so this is my theory) I believe that the sheep or the lamb was represented as an innocent offering. And at the time of Jesus, Jesus said that He was the lamb of God, being offered as an innocent lamb for the sacrifice of our sins.  

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

yashua_freak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:28 pm
scientists "discovered" pangia...one continent, only a short while ago... and yet the bible talked about the worlds continents being one long before scientists discovered this fact...who could have known...????? stare  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff