Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Wiimote Charging Stations

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What powers your wiimotes?
  Charge station, no condoms on my wiimotes.
  Batteries! I bought a pack of 10!!! :D
  Rechargeables, i'm helping the environment slightly!
  Charge station, cut a hole at the back of my silicon..
View Results

gutterball29

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:58 am
I recently bought some coloured silicon covers for my two wii remotes, because I thought they looked cooler than the jackets. However after spending many frustrating minutes getting the damn things on, i realized that it was a whole lot harder to lift up the cover and remove the batteries, while also making sure you didn't rip it. sweatdrop

Therefore I decided to go buy myself a dual charging station, so i wouldn't have to be constantly changing batteries (I used rechargables prior to this), and bought some pack that included extra wrist straps and more silicon covers.

So when i got home I was expecting that the remotes would be charged through the nunchuck port, instead i found some magnetic strips...
And after several minutes of confusion and rechecking the picture on the box, i eventually realized that i would have to take off my silicon covers for my remotes to charge!!! Which completely defeated the purpose of buying the station in the first place! stressed I mean why the hell would they include silicon covers with it, if you can't even use them?!
gonk

So i'll definitely be returning it tomorrow, but do nunchuk port chargers exist?? Otherwise i'll just have to wait for these.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:00 am
Why would you use the glove anyway? It makes the Wiimote feel horrible, clunky, and like a d***o.  

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

gutterball29

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:04 am
auS-e-Dude
Why would you use the glove anyway? It makes the Wiimote feel horrible, clunky, and like a d***o.

I'm quite finicky about dirt and dust getting on them, plus i think they look good.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:50 am
I have a Nyko brand of charger and I really like it. I use the covers because when I first got the charger I would just use the remote "naked" but I found that over time the battery contacts were becoming corroded so i now use the covers to protect the contacts. also I went through a couple chargers before I found the Nyko one which works very well.  

silve

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:21 pm
Right now, I'm just using rechargeable batteries. I have a charger from the batteries, but it's a pain to constantly be changing them from time to time. Then what else annoys me is when the batteries on one remote runs out right as I renew the ones on the other, so I can't play two-player games.

I'm thinking of switching to getting a Wii-remote charge station. That way, I would just put them in the charger when I'm done playing my Wii, so I wouldn't have to worry about battery life or keep checking the home button. It's simple, and it's not too expensive. It also slips in nicely, and it comes with the battery pack that you can just leave in your remote.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:35 pm
I use the charging station.
But I also don't use the cover.
I agree with auS-e.
They feel horrible, chunky, and like a d***o.  

WylrPnufh

4,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:39 pm
I dont use the jackets, use a charging station but its different. I'll find a pic later.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:17 pm
I use generic rechargable batteries, they're easy to use and charge. They haven't failed me yet.  

-Hel the Reaper-

Awesomedeltaextreme

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:32 pm
I am very happy with my penguin-4 pack right now, I always have a party ready for four people. It takes only about 2 hours to fully charge a dead pack too, and you dont have to have the pack on the remote to charge it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:15 pm
I use the official silicon covers Nintendo delivered.

=D

Kinda crappy that we always got to remove them to change batteries 'cause I use rechargeables, though.  

Patchouli the Librarian

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:32 pm
i use batteries. the ones I use last a long time. Like 4 to 6 months.

I also agree with auS-e.
I don't want to be swinging a d***o when I'm playing TP

Naked Wiimote is the way to go!  
'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas