Reply Debate and Discussion
Faith healing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:01 pm
Funny thing about it is, technically it's left up to God eaither way. Aquiella pointed that out earlier... she's right.

And really, who's to say laying on hands won't work? Even in this age of science there are miracles that happen that are have not been explained by medicine... I have read about some. I wish I remembered specifics.

I mean, what right do we have to say what is and is not possible?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:46 am
There was a Taboo episode on Extreme Healing, I watched it twice. The stuff I say, almost made me vomit. I dun have the stomach for blood anymore it seems. Anyways, it talked about exorcisms, and I'm sorry but the people that are shown to have these demons really do have serious mental problems. They could have multiple split personality disorder or schizophrenia. The former can come from the latter from what I have heard. It's been a while since I studied schizophrenia.  

Neferet -House of Night-

Phantomboy411

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:16 pm
Sybil Unrest
Just because someone is prayed for, doesn't mean they will be healed.

They will be healed (through traditional medicine, or miraculously) if GOD decides to heal them - and sometimes he doesn't.

2 Corinthians 12:7-10
And to keep me from being too elated by the abundance of revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan, to harass me, to keep me from being too elated. Three times I besought the Lord about this, that it should leave me; but he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." I will all the more gladly boast of my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

Sometimes it is for the greater good that a person is not healed.

God isn't a celestial slot machine, put prayer in one way and out comes a healing.

Yes, but at the same time the whole faith is based around the idea that God has a heart for us to heal us and make us whole. It is said that complete healing will not come until Heaven, but it is also said that we can begin to receive his blessings here on Earth, and health is suppost to be one of those blessings, right?

My intuition says that something might be in the way, that's all. I mean, if there is something in the way, then we should get rid of it so we can build God's kingdom on Earth more effectively.

it's true, God does heal us if we ask, and he will heal us. i do not mean to question your faith or the faith of your church, but do not lose faith b/c the girl was not healed. any number of things could be standing in the way, the girls faith may not have been strong enough, the combined faith of the prayers may not have been strong enough (again, i do not question the faith of your church), or, most likely, God is teaching her to have faith even though he doesn't answer immediately. i once had a friend who i met at a revival meeting, she was fully deaf in one ear, and 50% deaf in the other. at this revival, many people were prayed for and healed, and many weren't. no everyone will be healed, that is just God's will. at times he may be teaching us things like patience or trust, or maybe it is a person's faith stopping them from receiving healing. or maybe, if she is ever healed (and i believe she will be one day if she continues to persue the Lord) she will have a very powerful testimony, and be even more empowered to heal others with similiar conditions. or, God may have her stay sick for whatever reason, remember he took everything Job had in order to try his faith.

all i can say is, keep praying for this girl, and believe that God will someday bring a miracle to her life.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff