Pet Blessings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Blessed_Mule
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:26 pm
Here's a collection of spells/blessings that you can use for your pets. Please feel free to post new ones. smile

LadySorcha
Bast Protection Charm for Cats

I have written this blessing charm for my cat and have found it to be a lovely ritual; positively effective and fulfilling. I highly recommend it to fellow cat lovers and owners.

To be performed on a Sunday or Monday, or the last Monday in April, the 2nd Monday in August, or the 3rd Monday in December (Egyptian high holy days).
Colors: Green, blue, black and white.
Incense: Patchouli, frankincense and myrrh.
Herbs: Valerian, catnip, eucalyptus (oil recommended).
Stones: Lapis lazuli, citrine, smoky quartz, Tiger's eye.
Candles: Two green, one white.
Other Materials: A charm for your pet's collar, an image of your pet (or the actual feline, if he is so obliged), an image of the goddess Bast, incense charcoal and a fire safe dish to burn it in.

To Begin: Anoint the candles with the oil and the herbs. Carve the runes Thurisa, Teiwaz, Algiz, and Nauthiz into the white candle. Light the charcoal (beware of sparks!) and add some oil and some herbs to burn and create smoke. Arrange the altar space with the goddess image in the center, flanked by the green candles, the white candle and your pet's image on the West side of the altar, the incense in the East, and a bowl containing the remaining herbs in the North. The burning charcoal may be placed in the South of your altar. Ground and center, meditating on your purpose.

Call to the goddess: Moon Goddess Bast, Mother of all Felines, I ask you to lend your essence to this rite.
Add more herbs to burn, say: I offer you these herbs for your presence.
Using the oil, herbs, flames and stones on your altar, bless and cleanse the collar charm. Hold it tightly in your clasped hands and say: Hail to my Lady called Bast, Guardian to all cats. I call to you -- Watch over your child, my kitty love. Keep him/her safe from harm and close to home until the time is right to call him back to you. Please grant him health and serenity, my Lady, and through this charm, grant him your divine protection.

Envision a white mist flowing down and encircling you, finally coming to center upon your clasped hands and the charm within. When you feel the object has been entirely imbued, say: Bless this trinket in your name, Dear Bast, and imbue it with your essence. To you, I pray, thank you and blessed be.

Offer a few more pinches of herbs and oil to the charcoal and then leave the charm next to the picture of your cat and the goddess. Allow the candles and incense to burn out completely. Remember to release the goddess and seal the magic before dismantling the circle.

For those of you unfamiliar with runes, these are the ones to inscribe:
User Image

This spell in it's entirety belongs to it's writer, Sorcha, but may be privately utilized by the public, as long as it is not mass distributed without the author's consent. Any questions, comments, concerns? PM me! <3

The Pirate Kuei
Pet Protection Spell

Items needed for the spell:

Your pet
Venus Water*

Step 1.) Do this spell on the night of the full moon. You can sit with your pet outside under the moon, or you can sit indoors where you can see your pet. Say your pets name, nickname, or any term of endearment you have for him/her, as you do so vizualize a protective sphere of bright white light surrounding your pet.

Step 2.) Sprinkle your pet with Venus Water. Rub the water into the animal's fur/feathers/skin. As you do this, merge with your pet (becoming one with your pet) and say this protective blessing

I call upon the Moon Goddess and Horned God,
I call upon the starspun powers of Oneness,
I call upon all the living creatures of the Earth.
By earth, Air, Fire and Sea, by the divine will,
I ask that you work this protective spell,
Please guard (your pet's name) while sleeping
and waking, And protect this animal from all negativity and harm.
In all worlds, in all times! So mote it be!

Tell your pet how much you love him/her and then let your pet go. Clap your hands three times.

Step 3.) Every day, to reinforce the protective energy of this spell, take a few minutes and imagine your pet being surrounded with a protective sphere of divine white light.

*To make Venus water

1 cup water
3 roses

Pull off the rose petals one at a time, all the while empowering them with your intention. Then put them in a pot with the water. Simmer slowly for about 15 minutes, and then let the liquid cool. Strain the water and put it in a container.

I haven't tried this spell yet. So tell me how it works. I hope your pet gtets better! You can also change any wording in this spell to better fit you need.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:38 pm
*From "Book of Shadows", (Version 1.1), by Nick Robinson & Jacqui Wallace.(-See the App for more.)

Pet Protection Pillow:
-Protects agents fleas, and negative energy.
-First: Cut a square from heavy duty fabric ( like denim, or cord. This is so the herb Pennyroyal can be used without agitating your pet) Sew the edges, leaving a big enough hole to stuff the fallowing herbs through.
-2 parts Pennyroyal, 1 part Wormwood, 1 part Rosemary, and 1 part Lavender.
-Note: for cats you can exchange the Wormwood for Catnip

[Blessing for Cats:(Chant)
Bast of beauty and of grace,
Protectress of the feline race,
Shield (name of pet) from all hurt and harm
And keep (him/her) always safe and warm
Watch over (name of pet) from day to day
And guide (him/her) if (he/she) should stray
And grant (him/her) much happiness
And a good life free of strife and stress.

Dog Blessing:(Chant)
Diana, Goddess of the wind
Keeper of dogs both fierce and mild
Hold (name of pet) safely in your arms
And protect this creature from all harm
And should the day come that (he/she) roams
Guide (him/her) to the path back home
Bless (name of pet) with a joyful life
Free of hardship, stress and strife

Spade-Superstition

The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Manage Your Items