Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
i need some advice...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:58 pm
ok.. i've been best friends with my friend erik since freshmen year. when we were first friends.. the only difference between us was physical appearance... But lately, he's changed so much, he's fallen in his walk, and i have tried to help him, but its like... idk, he doesnt care almost... and everytime i introduce him to a girl, he immediately starts hitting on them, even if he has a gf at the time. he keeps calling me a selfish @--hole. because sometimes i want to hang out with my gf everyonce in awhile. And because the other day like, i turned on a playlist that would help him feel better because he was feeling bad, and i said to let the playlist play out, but skipped a few songs that i didnt realize were on the playlist, and wouldn't have been good for him at the time, and it pissed him off and he said i was a selfish ---hole again. my gf is an exchange student from germany, and she went home for the holidays... well me being cool and loving her as much as i do, decided it was worth driving to dulles international for an hr and a half to pick her up... and he wanted to go, and i said i wanted alone time with my gf because i hadn't seen her for 3 weeks, and he said i was a selfish ---hole again, and its like.. just because i want to spend time with someone else, does that make me selfish? he gets mad when i talk about my gf, but then when he goes talking bout his, and i make the slightest sign of disinterest, he gets pissed at me. i have driven him around and burned at least 50 tanks of gas for this guy... and never once asked for gas money and he is always like "dude, we always switch off, dont worry, next time i'll pay" he hasnt paid for almost 8 months. and he gets mad at me when i don't wanna pay for him for something... now here's the crossing line... while i was busy driving to dulles international, he wanted to go to my house, meet my other best friend kait (that i introduced him to and he broke up with his girlfriend and started hitting on her immediately) at my house, while no one was home.. am i the only one that see's something wrong witht his picture? i feel slightly disrespected, my house isn't a ---- house, its where my family lives, it's not here to serve his selfish ambitions to lure a christian woman into a sexual relationship and i'm soooo close to just beating the hell out of him it's not even funny. i've never been this mad at him.

this is where i need help, what should i do?... my faith makes me want to help him, but idk what the heck to do for the guy... and on the other hand i wanna beat the heck outa him...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:55 am
Have you made your feelings known to him yet? Speaking as a person who isn't perfect...and I am sure you can also attest to this...being told when we are doing something wrong...and WHAT we are doing wrong, is the only way we can know how to fix it.  

BNLChris

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:58 am
BNLChris
Have you made your feelings known to him yet? Speaking as a person who isn't perfect...and I am sure you can also attest to this...being told when we are doing something wrong...and WHAT we are doing wrong, is the only way we can know how to fix it.

I second that....  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:51 pm
i just found out today that he sexually harrassed my friend... she asked him to stop, and he didnt, and he wont leave her alone. he's not the erik i know, and i'm so pissed and so heart broken at the same time, and i try talking to him and he just gets mad..  

thrashmetaljunkie

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:50 am
thrashmetaljunkie
i just found out today that he sexually harrassed my friend... she asked him to stop, and he didnt, and he wont leave her alone. he's not the erik i know, and i'm so pissed and so heart broken at the same time, and i try talking to him and he just gets mad..

Well there's a point when people eaither have to talk about their problems and accept help for them, or get out and solve them on their own.

It sounds to me like your friend is quickly coming to that line. I mean, someone has to accept help, and if they don't accept your help, then what can you do?

Maybe someone else should try talking to him. Someone both you and he respect.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:53 pm
ShideKnight
thrashmetaljunkie

Well there's a point when people eaither have to talk about their problems and accept help for them, or get out and solve them on their own.

It sounds to me like your friend is quickly coming to that line. I mean, someone has to accept help, and if they don't accept your help, then what can you do?

Maybe someone else should try talking to him. Someone both you and he respect.
maybe i could try my youth pastor.. or maybe my mom and dad, he loves my parents.. idk, i want to help him, and at the same time i wanna kill him, its kinda stressful.. but God has really given me some peace today ^^  

thrashmetaljunkie

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:26 pm
Well, it sounds like you know what to do then... I am glad God has given you peace over it. Sometimes that's the most important part.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games