Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Video Games= The Good and the Bad

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

otawara

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:18 pm
There a lot of video game series out there that should just quit.
Here are my opinions about which ones should leave.

Number One
Sonic= Its been a long time since there has been a good Sonic game besides the RPG, and Brawl, but that doesnt count. Please Sega, just give it up. And to think Sonic was once a threat to Mario....

Number Two
Mario Party= People like Mario. People like parties. You'd think this be a wonderful combo.... WRONG. Sadly, this game fails on all fronts, specially since it includes Waluigi.

Number Three
Madden=Seriously? A couple are ok, but every year we pay 50 dollars for a few players more here and a few less there. Maybe it shouldnt really die, but sell it once every three years or something.

Number Four
Donkey Kong=Sorry DK.... but your games recently.... have been.... horrible. And King K. Rool? Seriously?

Number Five
Crash Bandicoot=This game series got really boring after the second installment. Sorry, but tis ver pointless.

and there are always classics which should be brought back....

Number One
Earthbound/Mother= THe series has been defunct for some 5 years now, and hopes of it coming back are low, but this was one of the best RPGs out there, it should really come back.

Number Two
The ORIGINAL pokemon=THe first two generations were a lot better than the recent ones, specially the fourth one. If you asked kids nowadays 'Do you have a Zapdos?' They all answer "GTFO, Ill own you with my Arceus'

Number Three
Friday the 13th= This game was incredible and fun. Im shocked that there has not been a remake yet.

Number four
The ORIGINAL Sonic= No Amy, No Shadow, No Cream... no one but good ol Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails. And Eggman was Dr. Robotink. The first two Sonic games were aweosome. Hell, Sonic Heroes was pretty decent too, I woudl like a remake or a sequel.

Number Five
Viewtiful Joe= A beautiful comic book style side scrolling fighting game which was misunderstood by plenty. Clearly this game was way ahead of its time.

What about you guys?
List your tops if you want.

Number Five  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:25 pm
otawara

Number One
Sonic= Its been a long time since there has been a good Sonic game besides the RPG, and Brawl, but that doesnt count. Please Sega, just give it up. And to think Sonic was once a threat to Mario....

Oh please, don't b***h about the latest Sonics. Sega is doing something NEW. CHANGE. CHANGE always happens.

Number Two
Mario Party= People like Mario. People like parties. You'd think this be a wonderful combo.... WRONG. Sadly, this game fails on all fronts, specially since it includes Waluigi.

Because you diss Waluigi, no.

Number Three
Madden=Seriously? A couple are ok, but every year we pay 50 dollars for a few players more here and a few less there. Maybe it shouldnt really die, but sell it once every three years or something.

This, I do agree. It'd be cheaper to buy an all season ticket to an actual sport.

Number Four
Donkey Kong=Sorry DK.... but your games recently.... have been.... horrible. And King K. Rool? Seriously?

Also agree. We need moar bongo related games

Number Five
Crash Bandicoot=This game series got really boring after the second installment. Sorry, but tis ver pointless.

[Crash was one of the few 3D platformers, I think. Without it, 3D platforming would be non-existent. Note I said THINK./b]

and there are always classics which should be brought back....

Number One
Earthbound/Mother= THe series has been defunct for some 5 years now, and hopes of it coming back are low, but this was one of the best RPGs out there, it should really come back.

Never will happen. Nintendo won't get off their arses to localise it.

Number Two
The ORIGINAL pokemon=THe first two generations were a lot better than the recent ones, specially the fourth one. If you asked kids nowadays 'Do you have a Zapdos?' They all answer "GTFO, Ill own you with my Arceus'

Fire Red and Leaf Green

Number Three
Friday the 13th= This game was incredible and fun. Im shocked that there has not been a remake yet.

Probably because no one has ever heard of it or remembers

Number four
The ORIGINAL Sonic= No Amy, No Shadow, No Cream... no one but good ol Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails. And Eggman was Dr. Robotink. The first two Sonic games were aweosome. Hell, Sonic Heroes was pretty decent too, I woudl like a remake or a sequel.

You say you hate the new Sonics, yet you say you like Sonic Heroes? Do you hate change or like it?

Number Five
Viewtiful Joe= A beautiful comic book style side scrolling fighting game which was misunderstood by plenty. Clearly this game was way ahead of its time.

Never played it, so no opinion.

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

otawara

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:30 pm
I know but a Werehog? People have opinions and Im entitled to mine. I think most of the new Sonic have been pretty bad.

Yeah, thats true, that was uncalled for.

yeppers.

I agree. Only two bongo games? crying

Well Crash to me is just boring.

i know... nintendo is too lazy....

yeah, but where are the orange islands? and the much wanted G/S/C remake?

Sonic heroes in my opnion was a good call.

Alright. Try it though. Its fun.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:32 pm
Is number 3 on bring em back a joke? Honestly?  

Tonberry Crunch

7,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:36 pm
Have you even played Sonic Unleashed or are you basing your opinions on crappy screenshots?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:42 pm
Meh, I just go with flow of the video game world.  

nerdyninja

otawara

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:47 pm
I played sonic unleashed.

Honestly.... it was lacking.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:54 pm
I love Viewtiful Joe, but if Capcom uses Clover's game after kicking out Clover then I will have to play it and love it. (What, I may be mad about Capcom's decision, but I love Joe.)

EDIT: oh also about the Pokemon thing. Get over yourself. If you want to play the same thing over and over again you are part of the problem. They need to do something new rather than add pokemon, or take them away. That won't solve crap.

EDIT 2: Another thing. How long has it been since we had an actual game that was in the DK or DKC series? We have only had spinoffs. How can you say you want to end a series that really isn't even going? If anything we need more.  

Owwin

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:03 pm
otawara
Number Three

The Madden games are aimed at a different target audience, and this audience obviously enjoys having a new game with new players every year. I don't care about the series, but I'm certain there'd be angry fans if the series was reduced to once every few years.

otawara

EB was released here in 1995, and M3 came out in 2006 in Japan. I'd love to see American releases of all of the games, but I'm not sure where you got 5 years from.

otawara
Number Two

It's worse than that: I worked at a summer camp once where the kids didn't know what I was talking about when I said that Silver version was my favorite Pokémon game. The first-gen got a re-release on the GBA, so I'm hoping for a re-release of the second-gen games at some point.

I don't have much else to comment on since I have very little experience with the rest of what you're listing.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:10 pm
I don't want to quote things. But yeah, there needs to be a re-release of the second-generation of Pokemon. Currently it's the only generation that you can't legitimately get access to through all the convoluted trading methods involved in Diamond/Pearl. Or something like that. Those games were the best though, considering there were the two sets of badges to get. I really wish Nintendo would do that again.  

Ennokni

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:28 pm
I really wanna see another viewtiful joe, those games awesome! and they ended it at a clifhanger! At the very least, they definitly gotta release a viewtiful joe 3!
I mean they released ds game, but that doesn;t conclude the sereies, it didn;t even answer the qustions they said they'd answer in the 2nd game.

I Want viewtiful Joe 3!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:42 pm
sonic heroes was one of the worst games I have ever played. it did have the sonic, tails, and knuckles team but it had stupid ones like cream, big and amy. it was incredibly short and boring. i finished with it in about a week. I was incredibly disappointed after sonic adventure 2 battle(the last quality sonic game in my opinion.)  

silve

'Tendo Cult~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff