Reply Final Fantasy Guild Reborn
square are racists?!?!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Demonic716

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:01 pm
me and a friend of mine were talkin about ff characters and we started to talk about barret when he suddenly blurted "square are racist, barret is the only black guy I have seen in all the ff's".

do you agree or disagree with what he said?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:58 pm
Your friend is wrong. There's Raijin or something like that (seifer's pal), from FF8. There's That one dude from X-2.  

Kazumi-Azakura

Captain Glomps
Crew

Liberal Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:32 am
What a harsh thing to say. Just because there are more white people in it it doesn't make it racist, i mean they aren't making any nasty remarks towards black people are they  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:29 am
this is what my friend said to except she didn't sau Square was racist she said that no one ever pays attention to Barret as much as other characters, which could be true but not for me. This topic could go on forever and not go anywhere its just like saying why can't girls be in the NHL? or why are there woman only gyms?

Frankly I don't care because I don't like watching hockey and I'm not a person who likes to go to gyms so you can all comment on this but I'm leaving before someone says something trueley hurtful to someone.

*leaves and slams door behind him*  

Karn1254

Pierre42

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:13 pm
I wouldn't say they are racist. Just because FF game's populace isn't a black majority doesn't mean they aren't there they just aren't often main characters y'know? So they generally go unnoticed  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:45 pm
Pierre42
I wouldn't say they are racist. Just because FF game's populace isn't a black majority doesn't mean they aren't there they just aren't often main characters y'know? So they generally go unnoticed

I agree. Barret is actually many white people's favorite character. I'm not saying he's mine, but that doesn't make me racist now does it? Now if you think of it, all the white people in the games are japanese MOSTLY anyway. So square is just representing their home country.  

Kazumi-Azakura

Pierre42

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:22 am
Barret was one of the best. Also Buddy from X-2 he was cool too!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:34 am
Pierre42
Barret was one of the best. Also Buddy from X-2 he was cool too!

Barret was great  

Captain Glomps
Crew

Liberal Phantom

10,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100

Pierre42

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:43 am
A few members of Blitzball teams were dark skinned generally a few people in the tropical islands region of Spira were Dark coloured  
Final Fantasy Guild Reborn

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games