Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eclipsed_Skies2

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:22 pm
So I just have a general question for people, how do your Christian beliefs impact your life? Feel free to answer however you want, the more honesty the better!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:27 am
My beliefs impact my life in every way possible! From the things I do in my everyday life (like cleaning house, cooking, grocery shopping, etc.) to courtship (I don't date) to the things I read and write to the way I interact with my family to the goals I have for my life, my beliefs affect them all!

For example, because I believe that Biblically, women are to work in their homes, I'm not going to college, and I'm working at home, helping my mother and sister wherever I can. That will affect my entire future, especially if I don't ever get married or if my husband dies or (God forbid!) leaves me.

And that's just the tip of the iceburg.

Miss Pagan Rose

Blessed Bookworm

14,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Champion 300
  • Hellraiser 500

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:18 pm
So first, i'm kinda curious what the difference between 'dating' and 'courtship' are. I've heard the terms... but i've never heard them explained.

And on topic... lately I have been trying to be more giving with my time and more social, less... err I guess arrogant is the word. Sort of.

Convictions are starting to form, I guess. We'll see how it works out.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:16 pm
Gods Rosebud
My beliefs impact my life in every way possible! From the things I do in my everyday life (like cleaning house, cooking, grocery shopping, etc.) to courtship (I don't date) to the things I read and write to the way I interact with my family to the goals I have for my life, my beliefs affect them all!

For example, because I believe that Biblically, women are to work in their homes, I'm not going to college, and I'm working at home, helping my mother and sister wherever I can. That will affect my entire future, especially if I don't ever get married or if my husband dies or (God forbid!) leaves me.

You're not going to college because you're a woman? I'm sorry, you should try thinking sometime.  

divineseraph

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:10 pm
divineseraph
Gods Rosebud

You're not going to college because you're a woman? I'm sorry, you should try thinking sometime.

Yeah, whichever.
rolleyes  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:10 pm

Well I did find myself arguing with atheists way more than I did before I actually took my faith seriously. And allot of things that I used to do freely has to now be reconsidered that's about it actually.

Shade737

Miss Pagan Rose

Blessed Bookworm

14,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Champion 300
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:45 am
divineseraph
Gods Rosebud

Actually, I'm not going to college because I don't think you have to do so to become a housewife. If I were a man and I wanted to be a doctor or something, I would have to go to college. But I just don't think that having a college degree is worth the debt, struggle, and terrible influences you get when you're there ... and most people come out knowing little more than they did when they went in.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:20 am
Gods Rosebud
divineseraph
Gods Rosebud

Actually, I'm not going to college because I don't think you have to do so to become a housewife. If I were a man and I wanted to be a doctor or something, I would have to go to college. But I just don't think that having a college degree is worth the debt, struggle, and terrible influences you get when you're there ... and most people come out knowing little more than they did when they went in.

Im sorry, but which Medical school were you thinking of?...belive it or not you tend to come out of them...well gosh knowing s**t loads more than you did going in, i have a friend who just to became a Nurse he had to study something disasterous and he has it easy compared to what doctors have to study and know.

You have a right not to aim high and get a career, but dont say that college or education isnt worth the effort, or you dont learn anything  

Three Mile Sprint

Miss Pagan Rose

Blessed Bookworm

14,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Champion 300
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:36 am
ShideKnight
So first, i'm kinda curious what the difference between 'dating' and 'courtship' are. I've heard the terms... but i've never heard them explained.

And on topic... lately I have been trying to be more giving with my time and more social, less... err I guess arrogant is the word. Sort of.

Convictions are starting to form, I guess. We'll see how it works out.

Here's a link that basically goes into what courtship is: What's This Courtship Thing All About?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:38 am
Syrokal
Gods Rosebud
divineseraph
Gods Rosebud

Im sorry, but which Medical school were you thinking of?...belive it or not you tend to come out of them...well gosh knowing s**t loads more than you did going in, i have a friend who just to became a Nurse he had to study something disasterous and he has it easy compared to what doctors have to study and know.

You have a right not to aim high and get a career, but dont say that college or education isnt worth the effort, or you dont learn anything

Okay, when it comes to certain things like the medical field and law, college teaches you a lot! I'm talking about the average person that gets a B.A.  

Miss Pagan Rose

Blessed Bookworm

14,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Champion 300
  • Hellraiser 500

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:24 am
Gods Rosebud

Here's a link that basically goes into what courtship is: What's This Courtship Thing All About?

It really sounds like a good idea, actually.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:57 am
Because you're a woman you can't be a doctor? Again, I beg of you, start thinking critically.  

divineseraph

Sybil Unrest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:04 pm
You could always go to college to learn about theology, that would be useful. (Thats what I did)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:44 pm
Gods Rosebud
Syrokal
Gods Rosebud
divineseraph
Gods Rosebud

Okay, when it comes to certain things like the medical field and law, college teaches you a lot! I'm talking about the average person that gets a B.A.
Actually medical school and law school are a lot different than college. Medical and Law school has classes that are based on the law and medical field with college you can get a degree in just about anything and the electives you take in college don't have to go towards a ba but you can use what you learn in say psychology and apply them to real life.

Also there is a need for women in the medical field. We need female nurses and doctors etc. The primary function of a woman is to be a nurturer or care giver, being a doctor or a nurse fulfills that function and it brings joy and happiness to other people. Not only that but you are healing and caring for the sick. And you save lives.  

Neferet -House of Night-

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff