Proposition 8 (Oh geez, let the flaming begin...) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SloanSage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:22 pm
Quote:
"Why do people become heterosexual, some homosexual, and others bisexual? Many psychological explanations for homosexuality have been proposed over the years, but none of them has been supported. Homosexuality is not a result of having a smothering mother, an absent father, or emotional problems. It is not caused by same-sex sexual play in childhood or adolescence, which is actually quite common. It is not caused by seduction by an older adult. It is not caused by parental practices or role models. Most gay men recall that they rejected the typical boy role and boys’ toys and games from a very early age in spite of enormous pressures from their parents and peers to conform to the traditional male role. Conversely, the overwhelming majority of children of gay parents do not become gay, as a learning model would predict, although they are more likely that the children of straight parents to be open-minded about homosexuality and gender roles.

“Many researchers, therefore, have been turning to biological explanations of sexual orientation. One line of supporting evidence is that homosexual behavior – including courtship displays, sexual activity, and rearing of young by two males or two females – has been documented in some 450 species, including bottlenose dolphins, penguins, and primates.”

It is worthy to note that almost all of these occurrences’ have been found in animals in captivity, not the wild. And there are animals that have been genetically altered so that they are able to basically clone themselves. However, the species will die out due to lack of genetic evolution, and therefore, they will not survive for long.

Quote:
“Sexual orientation also seems to be moderately heritable, particularly in men.”

And this an be attributed to he physiological instance of “my dad is gay, so I am gay.” This action can be seen in murderers. “My dad raped and killed, so I must be a monster who will rape and kill.”

Quote:
“But the large majority of gay men and lesbians d not have a close gay relative, and their siblings, including twins, are overwhelmingly likely top be heterosexual.

“In the early 1990’s, a few studies of gay men reported associations sexual orientation and specific areas of the brain. These studies got lots of press, but they have not been replicated. Researchers have also examined the role of prenatal exposure to androgens.

Androgens = androgen |ˈandrəjən| noun Biochemistry - a male sex hormone, such as testosterone

Quote:
“Female babies accidently exposed in the womb to masculizing hormones are more likely than other girls to become bisexual or lesbian and to prefer typical boys’ toys and activities. However, most androgenized girls do NOT become lesbians, and most lesbians were not exposed to atypical prenatal hormones.

“One new line of research is investigating the possibility that other prenatal events might predispose q child toward a same-sex orientation. For example, more than a dozen studies have found that the probability of a man’s becoming gay rises significantly according to the number of older brothers he has – gay or not – when these brothers are born of the same mother. (Remember, though, that the percentage of males who become homosexual is very small.) a recent study of 944 homosexual and heterosexual men suggests that this “big brother” effect has nothing to do with family environment but rather conditions within the womb before birth. In this study, the only factor that predicted sexual orientation was having older biological brothers; growing up with older stepbrothers or adoptive brothers (or sisters) had no influence at all. The increased chance of homosexuality occurred even when men had brothers born to the same mother but raised in a different home. No one yet has any idea, however, what prenatal influences might account for these results.
(All quotes from Invitation to Psychology, Fourth Edition, Carloe Wade, Carol Travis, Pearson – Prentice Hall pages 482-483)

It goes on (for two more LONG paragraphs) that men in prison display homosexual relations, only because they cannot get sexual gratification anywhere else and it explains some of the differences in homosexuals. And this is the ENTIRE section dealing with sexual orientation. Remember, this is a BASIC psychology book. The course dealing with the psychology of homosexuality was not introduced until this year (we finally got a teacher for it at my tiny university and we also got the course approved by the accreditation firm) so I was unable to take that course. If I had, there would be a ton of more information about this topic.

What this piece does not say, is that there is any solid PROOF that any of the above theories are true.

Furthermore, to clear up a point, homosexuality is a lifestyle, just as heterosexuality is a lifestyle, and being single is a life style. You CHOOSE to be a druggie. You CHOOSE to be an alcoholic. You CHOOSE to live in a homosexual lifestyle. You CHOOSE to get a tattoo, live in a trailer, and become a stereotype. (And I have family and friends in all of these lifestyles… so I am not being judgmental; I am stating a truth in life.) To live as a nun or a monk = lifestyle. You are born black, white, cream, red, olive, yellow… etc… based on a long line of genetics. A point: my father did not graduate with a degree from college, my mom just finished her degree as I am finishing mine, my mother is one of four, I am one of two, my father is one of three, my maternal grandfather was one of nine, my maternal grandmother is one of three, my fraternal grandparents were both one of two, both of my fraternal aunts have degrees in sociology and business and do not use them, one of my maternal uncles has a BS and an MS in engineering and he uses it for work, all three of my older cousins have flunked out or quit college before their first year was up. These factors, if genetic, would dictate that I would have two children, I would get halfway through my master’s degree then quit, and I would not use my degree at all. None of my family is musical. So I should not be musical. However, I want six children, to get my doctorate, teach at the collegiate level, and teach voice on the side (I am a vocal performance major.) All of these things are happening and I have the drive to succeed. All of my relatives are married to whites, except one uncle, he married an Eskimo in Alaska. I think I will marry a white man, but if God gives me a Mexican, a black, an Asian, an Arabic, or any other kind of “race,” I will still marry them. (I know some very cute, very godly, and very good men who are of different races than I and I would have no problem dating or marrying any one of them… except those that are already married…)

Here are some sites dealing with articles showing the debunking of the “born gay” myths and about choosing the homosexual lifestyle.

http://www.hoyweb.com/faq/gay.htm
http://www.boundlessline.org/2007/11/leaving-homosex.html
http://www.narth.com/menus/born.html
http://forerunner.com/forerunner/X0228_Born_Homosexual.html
http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd55.htm
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/724179/posts  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:34 pm
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
divineseraph
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
divineseraph
SloanSage
No. You are vastly wrong. Being black is not a life style. Being mexican is not a life style. Being white is not a life style. Being tattooed white trash is a life style. Polygamy is a life style. Homosexuality is a life style. Life styles should not be forced upon a person, or a group. To segregate is wrong. I do not do that. I have black friends. I have white friends. I have mexican friends. I have asian friends. I have Indian friends. I have middle eastern friends. Their color does not matter. Their faith (or lack thereof) does not matter. One of my best friends is white. He is dating a black girl. Her color, does not affect their relationship, nor does it affect mine with them. I love them both and find that they are awesome people.

You are going from one extreme to the other and neither are related. And by the way, my sisters favorite teacher (and one I would have wanted to have, but she was not teaching when I was that age) is a black woman. My family loved her and thought very highly of her because she taught well.

Why is being black different? Because you're born that way? You are born gay, you know. It's not a choice. Like being black white, mexican, man or woman.

Therefore, you have just shot holes through your own argument.
there is no scientific evidence to back up that claim, plus, IF people WERE born gay, then there wouldn't be so many people questioning their sexuality because they'd already know if they were gay or not.

Bisexuality exists as well. In such a case, someone could be interested in BOTH sexes, which could cause confusion. (also, supposed "Curing" of gayness- they just pick the opposite sex and stick with it.) And this is on top of what Guillotine said about a hetero-centric society where that is the norm, and a deviation of the norm is a deviation. As in, something where people must break away from a larger group, which will cause confusion in most people.
there's still no scientific evdence to support it. plus you just proved my point. if you were born gay or bi, then would you not know it right away, or recognize it as common knowledge within the first few years of your life? most of a person's personality is already formed by the age of five, meaning, that IF PEOPLE WERE BORN GAY OR BI THEY WOULD HAVE TO KNOW THEY WERE BY THE AGE OF FIVE TO SUPPORT YOUR ARGUMENT.
Actually, if you look at transgendered people, they figure out that they should be the opposite sex than they are by age five. And your whole thought on all homosexuals should know their sexuality by five, you realize in this society that if they figure it out at five, they still hide it. Or they get so wrapped up in a family or country full of hate, discrimination, and anti-difference, they will be confused for a while until they are older and able to realize that what they feel is who they are, and that they can't change it. And honestly, are they condemning you to hell if they marry? Are they going to hurt you if they marry?  

Ricette

Kazydi

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:21 am
Ricette
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
divineseraph
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
divineseraph
SloanSage
No. You are vastly wrong. Being black is not a life style. Being mexican is not a life style. Being white is not a life style. Being tattooed white trash is a life style. Polygamy is a life style. Homosexuality is a life style. Life styles should not be forced upon a person, or a group. To segregate is wrong. I do not do that. I have black friends. I have white friends. I have mexican friends. I have asian friends. I have Indian friends. I have middle eastern friends. Their color does not matter. Their faith (or lack thereof) does not matter. One of my best friends is white. He is dating a black girl. Her color, does not affect their relationship, nor does it affect mine with them. I love them both and find that they are awesome people.

You are going from one extreme to the other and neither are related. And by the way, my sisters favorite teacher (and one I would have wanted to have, but she was not teaching when I was that age) is a black woman. My family loved her and thought very highly of her because she taught well.

Why is being black different? Because you're born that way? You are born gay, you know. It's not a choice. Like being black white, mexican, man or woman.

there is no scientific evidence to back up that claim, plus, IF people WERE born gay, then there wouldn't be so many people questioning their sexuality because they'd already know if they were gay or not.

Bisexuality exists as well. In such a case, someone could be interested in BOTH sexes, which could cause confusion. (also, supposed "Curing" of gayness- they just pick the opposite sex and stick with it.) And this is on top of what Guillotine said about a hetero-centric society where that is the norm, and a deviation of the norm is a deviation. As in, something where people must break away from a larger group, which will cause confusion in most people.
there's still no scientific evdence to support it. plus you just proved my point. if you were born gay or bi, then would you not know it right away, or recognize it as common knowledge within the first few years of your life? most of a person's personality is already formed by the age of five, meaning, that IF PEOPLE WERE BORN GAY OR BI THEY WOULD HAVE TO KNOW THEY WERE BY THE AGE OF FIVE TO SUPPORT YOUR ARGUMENT.
Actually, if you look at transgendered people, they figure out that they should be the opposite sex than they are by age five. And your whole thought on all homosexuals should know their sexuality by five, you realize in this society that if they figure it out at five, they still hide it. Or they get so wrapped up in a family or country full of hate, discrimination, and anti-difference, they will be confused for a while until they are older and able to realize that what they feel is who they are, and that they can't change it. And honestly, are they condemning you to hell if they marry? Are they going to hurt you if they marry?

Are they going to hurt me if I get married? No, they won't. To be honest, it'll affect me about as much as a guy selling drugs to someone else's kid, and not yours or mine. It's like saying let the ***** prey on children. They not doin' it to my kid, so it's all good right??

But what's wrong is wrong no matter the who, what, when, where, or why of the matter.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:20 pm
Ricette
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
divineseraph
Gerbil_of_the_Vashness
divineseraph
SloanSage

Ricette: there is still no scientific proof, study, or test to support your claim. and you are making assumptions that EVERY gay, bi, or transgerder goes through the same process which, since no one is the same, is not true.

Kazydi: i agree that it does not impact me directly, but impacts people as a whole.  

Gerbil_of_the_Vashness

Lady Loiterer

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:09 pm
Kazydi
Are they going to hurt me if I get married? No, they won't. To be honest, it'll affect me about as much as a guy selling drugs to someone else's kid, and not yours or mine. It's like saying let the ***** prey on children. They not doin' it to my kid, so it's all good right??

But what's wrong is wrong no matter the who, what, when, where, or why of the matter.
Thing is, child molestors hurt people besides themselves. Drug dealers (may) hurt people besides themselves (which is a good reason why drugs should be legal...harm reduction and all that, but that's another one of my evil liberal rants).

The only people homosexuals are hurting, and even this is extremely faulty and arguable, are themselves. I don't know why you feel the need to legally make others bound to your personal moral code.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:39 pm
SinfulGuillotine
Kazydi

Thing is, child molestors hurt people besides themselves. Drug dealers (may) hurt people besides themselves (which is a good reason why drugs should be legal...harm reduction and all that, but that's another one of my evil liberal rants).

The only people homosexuals are hurting, and even this is extremely faulty and arguable, are themselves. I don't know why you feel the need to legally make others bound to your personal moral code.

They hurt others, forcing their lifestyle and my acceptance of it is hurtful to me, and society. So really, moral corruption hurts all.  

SloanSage

Ricette

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:12 am
SloanSage
SinfulGuillotine
Kazydi

They hurt others, forcing their lifestyle and my acceptance of it is hurtful to me, and society. So really, moral corruption hurts all.
How is it force when all they want is the same right as a straight couple? I honestly can't see how that want is forcing you and hurting you. Love thy neighbor, right? And just open up a little. Lots of thing offend me, but, I deal with it. Its how it goes and just roll with it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:27 am
SloanSage
Quote:
"Why do people become heterosexual, some homosexual, and others bisexual? Many psychological explanations for homosexuality have been proposed over the years, but none of them has been supported. Homosexuality is not a result of having a smothering mother, an absent father, or emotional problems. It is not caused by same-sex sexual play in childhood or adolescence, which is actually quite common. It is not caused by seduction by an older adult. It is not caused by parental practices or role models. Most gay men recall that they rejected the typical boy role and boys’ toys and games from a very early age in spite of enormous pressures from their parents and peers to conform to the traditional male role. Conversely, the overwhelming majority of children of gay parents do not become gay, as a learning model would predict, although they are more likely that the children of straight parents to be open-minded about homosexuality and gender roles.

“Many researchers, therefore, have been turning to biological explanations of sexual orientation. One line of supporting evidence is that homosexual behavior – including courtship displays, sexual activity, and rearing of young by two males or two females – has been documented in some 450 species, including bottlenose dolphins, penguins, and primates.”

It is worthy to note that almost all of these occurrences’ have been found in animals in captivity, not the wild. And there are animals that have been genetically altered so that they are able to basically clone themselves. However, the species will die out due to lack of genetic evolution, and therefore, they will not survive for long.

Quote:
“Sexual orientation also seems to be moderately heritable, particularly in men.”

And this an be attributed to he physiological instance of “my dad is gay, so I am gay.” This action can be seen in murderers. “My dad raped and killed, so I must be a monster who will rape and kill.”

Quote:
“But the large majority of gay men and lesbians d not have a close gay relative, and their siblings, including twins, are overwhelmingly likely top be heterosexual.

“In the early 1990’s, a few studies of gay men reported associations sexual orientation and specific areas of the brain. These studies got lots of press, but they have not been replicated. Researchers have also examined the role of prenatal exposure to androgens.

Androgens = androgen |ˈandrəjən| noun Biochemistry - a male sex hormone, such as testosterone

Quote:
“Female babies accidently exposed in the womb to masculizing hormones are more likely than other girls to become bisexual or lesbian and to prefer typical boys’ toys and activities. However, most androgenized girls do NOT become lesbians, and most lesbians were not exposed to atypical prenatal hormones.

“One new line of research is investigating the possibility that other prenatal events might predispose q child toward a same-sex orientation. For example, more than a dozen studies have found that the probability of a man’s becoming gay rises significantly according to the number of older brothers he has – gay or not – when these brothers are born of the same mother. (Remember, though, that the percentage of males who become homosexual is very small.) a recent study of 944 homosexual and heterosexual men suggests that this “big brother” effect has nothing to do with family environment but rather conditions within the womb before birth. In this study, the only factor that predicted sexual orientation was having older biological brothers; growing up with older stepbrothers or adoptive brothers (or sisters) had no influence at all. The increased chance of homosexuality occurred even when men had brothers born to the same mother but raised in a different home. No one yet has any idea, however, what prenatal influences might account for these results.
(All quotes from Invitation to Psychology, Fourth Edition, Carloe Wade, Carol Travis, Pearson – Prentice Hall pages 482-483)

It goes on (for two more LONG paragraphs) that men in prison display homosexual relations, only because they cannot get sexual gratification anywhere else and it explains some of the differences in homosexuals. And this is the ENTIRE section dealing with sexual orientation. Remember, this is a BASIC psychology book. The course dealing with the psychology of homosexuality was not introduced until this year (we finally got a teacher for it at my tiny university and we also got the course approved by the accreditation firm) so I was unable to take that course. If I had, there would be a ton of more information about this topic.

What this piece does not say, is that there is any solid PROOF that any of the above theories are true.

Furthermore, to clear up a point, homosexuality is a lifestyle, just as heterosexuality is a lifestyle, and being single is a life style. You CHOOSE to be a druggie. You CHOOSE to be an alcoholic. You CHOOSE to live in a homosexual lifestyle. You CHOOSE to get a tattoo, live in a trailer, and become a stereotype. (And I have family and friends in all of these lifestyles… so I am not being judgmental; I am stating a truth in life.) To live as a nun or a monk = lifestyle. You are born black, white, cream, red, olive, yellow… etc… based on a long line of genetics. A point: my father did not graduate with a degree from college, my mom just finished her degree as I am finishing mine, my mother is one of four, I am one of two, my father is one of three, my maternal grandfather was one of nine, my maternal grandmother is one of three, my fraternal grandparents were both one of two, both of my fraternal aunts have degrees in sociology and business and do not use them, one of my maternal uncles has a BS and an MS in engineering and he uses it for work, all three of my older cousins have flunked out or quit college before their first year was up. These factors, if genetic, would dictate that I would have two children, I would get halfway through my master’s degree then quit, and I would not use my degree at all. None of my family is musical. So I should not be musical. However, I want six children, to get my doctorate, teach at the collegiate level, and teach voice on the side (I am a vocal performance major.) All of these things are happening and I have the drive to succeed. All of my relatives are married to whites, except one uncle, he married an Eskimo in Alaska. I think I will marry a white man, but if God gives me a Mexican, a black, an Asian, an Arabic, or any other kind of “race,” I will still marry them. (I know some very cute, very godly, and very good men who are of different races than I and I would have no problem dating or marrying any one of them… except those that are already married…)

Here are some sites dealing with articles showing the debunking of the “born gay” myths and about choosing the homosexual lifestyle.

http://www.hoyweb.com/faq/gay.htm
http://www.boundlessline.org/2007/11/leaving-homosex.html
http://www.narth.com/menus/born.html
http://forerunner.com/forerunner/X0228_Born_Homosexual.html
http://www.newswithviews.com/Devvy/kidd55.htm
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/724179/posts

You're so wrong it hurts. Please, please, I beg of you, start thinking.

Do you CHOOSE actively to be straight? Is it a struggle for you to be with someone of the opposite sex, or even a real decision for you? If so, you're really a lesbian. If not, you have no grounds calling it a choice, because homosexual preferences are just as active as heterosexual preferences.

Getting a degree or having children is NOT genetic (though genetic factors may aid in your ability to learn or conceive) but something like skin color or sexual preference is. And yes, prison-gay exists, but most gay is not prison gay, it's actually a PART of them, like their skin color, eye color, height, and hair color.  

divineseraph

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:52 pm
SloanSage
SinfulGuillotine
Kazydi

How?

I can't think of anyone who I have hurt simply by being gay. I can think of many people who have hurt me, either physically or emotionally, because they didn't like that I was gay, but aside from them simply not liking my sexuality, I don't see how my existence as a homosexual human being has hurt anyone. I can think of only one instance in which I actually provoked getting smacked in the face, and that had more to do with me being a smartass than it did with me being a homosexual. And he started it. XD

And I don't consider you not liking homosexuality to be homosexuality actually hurting you. I don't like peas, but even in the event that I accidently eat one, it doesn't hurt me. It's just a little unpleasant to endure.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff