Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Reimagining Church - Book Club, perhaps?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you like to read Reimagining Church as a group?
  Sure!
  I've read it, and it was great! I'd love to read it again!
  Already read it; it wasn't that good.
  Nah, I don't think it looks interesting.
View Results

Mountain Rose

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:49 pm
Hey, there's this book I want to read called Reimagining Church by Frank Viola. Has anyone here read it? If so, what did you think of it? If not, does it look like a good book to you?

I think it could be cool if we read this book together as a group, if anyone else is interested.

Here's a linky to Amazon: Reimagining Church: Pursuing the Dream of Organic Christianity by Frank Viola

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:55 pm
Bump, just 'cause it's fun. blaugh  

Mountain Rose

Mountain Rose

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:27 pm
Nobody even finds this remotely interesting?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:26 am
ninja  

Mountain Rose

Ablazed
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:02 pm
I did read what Amazon had to say about the book, and I did see this thread, but I wasn't sure how to politely reply.

The book strikes me as rubbish, to be honest. There IS a Church that exists how Jesus intended... it is the Catholic Church. His ideas seem so... ridiculous to me. The man himself is a noted anti-Catholic who has no regard for actual fact or history, much less respect for different opinions. He seems to draw his information from flawed resources and ignores historical evidence as he sees fit.

I'm not trying to be insulting. I'm not trying to discourage you from reading the book. But I know just from reading the synopsis that it isn't something that grabs my interest remotely because it seems that its entire premise is very, very flawed.

That's my take. If you do read the book, I'm certainly open to listening any ideas or opinions you'd like to express.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:49 pm
Hmm, well, I myself am kind of anti-Catholic, though my grandparents are Catholic and my sister attends a Catholic school. I think there are many flaws within the Roman Catholic church, lots of manmade rituals and rules that aren't even mentioned in the Bible.

But anyway, I don't know; I just think the book sounds interesting. I think you've got to read at least a little bit of something before you can say anything bad about it.

Mountain Rose

The Beautiful jewel

5,600 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:40 am
Yeah like treating the Pope as a king!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:57 pm
I agree... but I really think there are only a couple of things that determine how God looks at a given person/church/organization... believing in Jesus, the Trinity, and His resurrection.  

ShideKnight

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff